Recent content by CzarSquid

1. CzarSquid

RPG MAKER MV OFFICIAL PAGE

I was just going to upload my RPGmaker MV games to gamejolt. They provide free game hosting services in the browser. No need to worry about all the servers and stuff. You can even make money from ads on that site as well. Does anyone have a price for MV? I hope it's not more than Ace ($70USD).
  2. CzarSquid

People actually read youtube comments? That's just silly.

People actually read youtube comments? That's just silly.
  3. CzarSquid

A concept for a Roguelike game - What do you think?

Since you can force encounters with events the only challenge would be to make something to count the number of steps a player makes. All which can be done with parallel events. Since the loot would also be controlled by frequency based on how far the player is in the dungeon, more difficult...
  4. CzarSquid

I'm not sure how much of a relationship I want the player to have. A story hasn't been determined yet. I just might end up with some generic relationship for the prototype since having a companion would definitely help in combat situations. However I think one problem I might have is having...
  5. CzarSquid

I definitely agree good art is good to have and essential if it goes commercial. At the moment the prototype won't have custom art but the MV version will definitely have custom assets. I really like that idea of going into a dungeon to gather resources to build the town up. That particular...
  6. CzarSquid

Want to make a mini-roguelike prototype game in RPGmaker but school eats up all my time :c

Want to make a mini-roguelike prototype game in RPGmaker but school eats up all my time :c
  7. CzarSquid

I've been planning out a roguelike gaming experience that could potentially work well in RPGmaker. With MV coming out soon I'd like to create a game that would offer high replay value, high difficulty, and still be a RPG game. I've played enough roguelikes to conclude what makes them great and...
  8. CzarSquid

RPG MAKER MV OFFICIAL PAGE

Wow, I'm actually really excited about this for many reasons. Is there a price tag of some sort? I'm guessing it's gonna be pricey considering Ace is running around $70 USD on steam.
  9. CzarSquid

Friend (A short game) v 2.0 - New Version

New version of the game is now out. You can find the download link in the first post. Thank you all for the feedback and the comments! Still a short game. I thought adding a save feature was needed but the timing for the game is about the same so it wasn't needed. I am finally glad to be done...
  10. CzarSquid

One project is practically done with just polishing needed. The second one is also a small...

One project is practically done with just polishing needed. The second one is also a small project that just needs a ton of art assets made
  11. CzarSquid

Question about MIDIs

Huh, I'm not sure what changed but it looks like they are popping up finally. I didn't do anything different except restart the program.
  12. CzarSquid

Question about MIDIs

So I am lost. I tried searching on how to do it and haven't had much luck. So I want to use MIDIs in my VX Ace project as BGM but I can't import them in through the resource manager. When I do it manually (copy/paste into the project resource folder) it still doesn't show up in the list of...
  13. CzarSquid

Making two rpgs. One super serious and the other super silly. I can't make up my mind which one...

Making two rpgs. One super serious and the other super silly. I can't make up my mind which one to work on so I'll just play Paper Mario Thousand Year Door instead :D
  14. CzarSquid

@DragonVine - Thank you for playing! I do hope you give the new version a try once it is done. @lilyWhite - What I could do better? I'm curious because I deliberately chosen the basic art style to convey the message, reduce time spent on art, and keep it consistent. It's not that I can't make...
  15. CzarSquid

@Victor (or usureki) - Thank you for the review and kind words. Much what you said is spot on. The first game was made to be short and simple, half of it being that I was limited to how much I could make in a short period of time. The second half being literally running out of ideas while making...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just going to leave this here because a lot of people here don't seem to understand the scope of what is going on:
My book/game tackles racism alot so I've been watching the news and social media absorbing everything as unbiasedly as I can for research but as a proud Caribbean black man my emotions are a whirlwind right now.
I discovered the new English word "Secular religion" today It is an oxymoron word. Now, I wonder how many English words create per year? According to Global Language Monitor, around 5,400 new words are created every year; it's only the 1,000 or so deemed to be sufficiently widespread use that makes it into print. [I think it probably slangs or combines words] :kaoluv:
Is it normal that I love a game that I can't even play due to how bad I'm at it?
Anyone have advice for recruiting friends to bugtest with you? I had some buddies volunteer without me asking, and we agreed on dates and times... and they all just flaked...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lehamme