Recent content by D.L. Yomegami

1. D.L. Yomegami

What damage formulas do you use?

At the moment, I find myself preferring additive formulas, usually some variation of atk - def / 2. It's simple enough for both me and the player to understand, and can work with both big and small numbers. It also allows defense and physical/magical reduction (PDR/MDR) to have two different...
  2. D.L. Yomegami

Steal Mechanics and Rates

Personally, if I had to implement a steal mechanic I'd just make it so the items enemies carry are simply stuff that's an area or two ahead of where the player's actually at. If the player wants to steal stuff, they're rewarded by being stronger than intended, but if they don't they aren't...
  3. D.L. Yomegami

Defense Against Status Effects

While status effects in general tend to come up a lot in discussions around here, the subject of defending against them appears to be less common even though I think it's worthwhile to discuss. Is it possible to make it a bit more interesting than just "Use this 'Cure all status effects' skill...
  4. D.L. Yomegami

The feature that should be baked into RPG Maker by now is ...

Another thing that feels absurdly simple yet isn't present: it'd really be nice to have a "opened recently" option. It'd be a massive time saver for people like me who like to constantly switch between two projects for whatever reason, as opposed to having to navigate to other projects through...
  5. D.L. Yomegami

The feature that should be baked into RPG Maker by now is ...

I'd very much like the option to select more than one option for enemy action pattern conditions (like being able to select both Turn X + X and HP in a certain range rather than one or the other). XP did this, and it'd make things so much simpler rather than having to fudge with troop events and...
  6. D.L. Yomegami

RMMV Damage Formula - ideas and help

I'm currently working on the base damage formula for my game, and having some issues. At the moment, my game's stats are roughly within the same parameters as the default database. Non-Max HP and MP stats cannot exceed 240 through leveling alone, and even then the player would have to level to...
  7. D.L. Yomegami

So in case you're wondering why people often suggest throwing out the default formula: this kind...

So in case you're wondering why people often suggest throwing out the default formula: this kind of thing is why. I'm still trying to work with it, just to see if I can, but I really don't suggest it to anyone else. Use a different damage formula, change up the buff/debuff formulas, or just...
  8. D.L. Yomegami

So the best way I can think of to make the default buffs/debuffs play nice with the default atk...

So the best way I can think of to make the default buffs/debuffs play nice with the default atk * 4 - def * 2 formula is to design buff/debuff skills differently so it's inefficient to keep them up all the time (like only having them last 1 or 2 turns instead of the 5 they have by default). Or...
  9. D.L. Yomegami

You could lower defense even further, but then you risk defense buffs becoming completely...

You could lower defense even further, but then you risk defense buffs becoming completely worthless instead. 1.5 times pitiful defense is still pitiful defense. Or you could increase offensive stats so the debuffed values aren't so pitiful, but then the unaltered stats could be dishing out...
  10. D.L. Yomegami

But after 2 stacks of debuff, that same attack is now doing 240 damage; a two-thirds decrease...

But after 2 stacks of debuff, that same attack is now doing 240 damage; a two-thirds decrease. Now factor in 2 stacks of buff (boosting 120 defense to 180), and now it's only doing 120 damage; a pithy 1/6 of the original damage. Yeah, that dark lord is really looking like those goblins in the...
  11. D.L. Yomegami

So you need to make defense lower than offense, but even then debuffs are still stupid. As an...

So you need to make defense lower than offense, but even then debuffs are still stupid. As an example, an attack of 240 to a defense of 120 does 720 damage (before modifiers) with the default damage formula (atk * 4 - def * 2)....
  12. D.L. Yomegami

Well, the 1.5 boost for 2 stacks of default buff are fine for the most part, but 2 stacks of...

Well, the 1.5 boost for 2 stacks of default buff are fine for the most part, but 2 stacks of debuff cut stats in half and that's when things get stupid. If the attacker's offense and defender's defense are the same, you just need 2 stacks of debuff to completely negate the damage.
  13. D.L. Yomegami

To anyone thinking about using VX Ace's/MV's/MZ's default damage formulas with the default...

To anyone thinking about using VX Ace's/MV's/MZ's default damage formulas with the default buff/debuff system: Don't.
  14. D.L. Yomegami

RPG Maker MZ: State of Plugins Poll

1. If you are using RPG Maker MZ for your current game, what plugins are you using? At the moment, Visustella's core plugins. Maybe I'll use the rest of that library or other creators' plugins if I ever get past the "tinkerer" stage into actually making a game, but for now that's it. 2. If you...
  15. D.L. Yomegami

RMMZ Beyond the Veil (A One Map Challenge Game)

If you're getting the "Failed to initialize graphics" error on Chrome, make sure you have hardware acceleration turned on. I had it turned off since it messed with Youtube and forgot I did until I tried running this game. Anyway, I've beaten the game after three attempts (the first was a...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

:kaojoy:
A lot of those cool RPGs allow players to import their own portraits.
Thus, we shall have that, too. :kaojoy:
Finally, deleted my Reddit account
I cant say I dont regret it, I honestly liked FMA subreddit, but nah, reddit succs
Ami
need a time to not open my MV,still addicted with new vegas

i wonder what addiction effect behind playing new vegas too much,maybe INT & Science gone worse in many days :D
cdjensen94 wrote on Kaliya's profile.
Are you the one who develops Kaliya's Visual Map Enhancements. If so I desperately need some help. I bought the plugin back a few months. I've only started using it recently.
Cause MP Damage instead of HP, Localization Plugin for Translation | RPG Maker News #112

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B22