Recent content by D.L. Yomegami

1. D.L. Yomegami

So in case you're wondering why people often suggest throwing out the default formula: this kind...

So in case you're wondering why people often suggest throwing out the default formula: this kind of thing is why. I'm still trying to work with it, just to see if I can, but I really don't suggest it to anyone else. Use a different damage formula, change up the buff/debuff formulas, or just...
  2. D.L. Yomegami

So the best way I can think of to make the default buffs/debuffs play nice with the default atk...

So the best way I can think of to make the default buffs/debuffs play nice with the default atk * 4 - def * 2 formula is to design buff/debuff skills differently so it's inefficient to keep them up all the time (like only having them last 1 or 2 turns instead of the 5 they have by default). Or...
  3. D.L. Yomegami

You could lower defense even further, but then you risk defense buffs becoming completely...

You could lower defense even further, but then you risk defense buffs becoming completely worthless instead. 1.5 times pitiful defense is still pitiful defense. Or you could increase offensive stats so the debuffed values aren't so pitiful, but then the unaltered stats could be dishing out...
  4. D.L. Yomegami

But after 2 stacks of debuff, that same attack is now doing 240 damage; a two-thirds decrease...

But after 2 stacks of debuff, that same attack is now doing 240 damage; a two-thirds decrease. Now factor in 2 stacks of buff (boosting 120 defense to 180), and now it's only doing 120 damage; a pithy 1/6 of the original damage. Yeah, that dark lord is really looking like those goblins in the...
  5. D.L. Yomegami

So you need to make defense lower than offense, but even then debuffs are still stupid. As an...

So you need to make defense lower than offense, but even then debuffs are still stupid. As an example, an attack of 240 to a defense of 120 does 720 damage (before modifiers) with the default damage formula (atk * 4 - def * 2)....
  6. D.L. Yomegami

Well, the 1.5 boost for 2 stacks of default buff are fine for the most part, but 2 stacks of...

Well, the 1.5 boost for 2 stacks of default buff are fine for the most part, but 2 stacks of debuff cut stats in half and that's when things get stupid. If the attacker's offense and defender's defense are the same, you just need 2 stacks of debuff to completely negate the damage.
  7. D.L. Yomegami

To anyone thinking about using VX Ace's/MV's/MZ's default damage formulas with the default...

To anyone thinking about using VX Ace's/MV's/MZ's default damage formulas with the default buff/debuff system: Don't.
  8. D.L. Yomegami

RPG Maker MZ: State of Plugins Poll

1. If you are using RPG Maker MZ for your current game, what plugins are you using? At the moment, Visustella's core plugins. Maybe I'll use the rest of that library or other creators' plugins if I ever get past the "tinkerer" stage into actually making a game, but for now that's it. 2. If you...
  9. D.L. Yomegami

RMMZ Beyond the Veil (A One Map Challenge Game)

If you're getting the "Failed to initialize graphics" error on Chrome, make sure you have hardware acceleration turned on. I had it turned off since it messed with Youtube and forgot I did until I tried running this game. Anyway, I've beaten the game after three attempts (the first was a...
  10. D.L. Yomegami

VisuStella Sample Project & MZ Core Plugins

Asked this question a couple pages back; still wondering about it: Does the Battle AI plugin support Action Times+? I know MV's didn't since Action Times+ was very buggy, and I'd like to know if the same's true for MZ. Personally I'd like to see Skill Learning System and Equip Skills, but if...
  11. D.L. Yomegami

VisuStella Sample Project & MZ Core Plugins

Does the Battle AI plugin support Action Times+? I know MV's didn't since Action Times+ was very buggy, and I'd like to know if the same's true for MZ before I buy the plugin.
  12. D.L. Yomegami

[MZ] Fix to Light All 3 Animation

And here I was, thinking the answer was a lot more complicated than it actually turned out to be. In replicating your fix independently, I found that my copy of the file still had the hex circle nodes visible, but unchecking the "Destroy when no more children" option fixed it just the same...
  13. D.L. Yomegami

[MZ] Fix to Light All 3 Animation

Resource Type: Animation Maker Format: MZ Description: For one reason or the other, the default Light All 3 animation doesn't show the hex circles the other Element All 3 animations do (those three circles with the lightning that play at the start of all the animations). Maybe it was...
  14. D.L. Yomegami

Differentiating Weapon Types in Turn-based Battle Systems

@Milennin Basically, it's an issue of "If I have two single-target physical skills, one for a sword and another for a spear, how would the spear skill be any different from the sword skill, and how do I make it so the spear skill's worth sacrificing the sword for and vice-versa?" In this...
  15. D.L. Yomegami

Differentiating Weapon Types in Turn-based Battle Systems

Basically: how do you make individual weapon types different from one another in turn-based battle systems (not things like action battle systems or grid-based tactical battle systems, where you can at least make them different based on range if nothing else)? It's something I'm having problems...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami

Imagine you (as Miner) Sleep in the Cave,the other side is a Bunch of Golds,how d'you feel?
finally got footage of my main character running around his corrupted street...
I finally got the ships and water to flow like I wanted to~ the canals are a success. Now to loop the animation for the kites. So many kites.
Bendyizzt wrote on staggqueen's profile.
Hello Newcomer...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
METACHASER