Recent content by Dagothe

1. RMMV Need help with adding skills to armor combinations

Fair enough, and I got my answers on my comment event question, so all good. How do I close this thread? As it can be closed.
  2. RMMV Need help with adding skills to armor combinations

I'm well aware of the poor design approach, my approach is different all together, I simply rather understand what is possible in the Maker before I design something eleborate and find out I can't implement it, or have to buy plugins to make it happen. Yanfly's plugin is free, but you already...
  3. RMMV Need help with adding skills to armor combinations

Ah okay, I hit +Quote and reply, but reply alone quotes already I see, my mistake. However how is this requesting JS Plugin? I intended to use common events as I stated.
  4. RMMV Origin Hunt

Sounds very interesting, downloading demo as I'm typing this, will definitely give it a go. Is there anything in particular you want feedback about?
  5. RMMV Need help with adding skills to armor combinations

My armor set idea is pretty basic (so far) that I want to attempt it without a plugin, also helps me better understand the possiblities in RMMV. When I want a large variety of set bonuses, I will definitely take up your advice and use Yanfly's plugin, and thanks for the explanation.
  6. RMMV Need help with adding skills to armor combinations

Yeah, I could make some interesting basic combinations with that. Could you explain how I can raise variables though? As I don't see any option in the 'Traits' section by Armor tab in the database.
  7. RMMV Need help with adding skills to armor combinations

If I went with option 2, can it be a common event that runs parallel, or do I make it else where?
  8. RMMV Need help with adding skills to armor combinations

Hello, In my game I want characters to be able to get armor which grants an extra skill when worn as matching set, what I'm trying to achieve is the following; Fire Cap adds skill 10 Fire Vest adds skill 11 When both are worn, it adds an extra skill, number 12 I know how to add skills to a...
  9. How to get the enemy index of a targeted troop member?

Do you happen to know how to get the Id in script? Like for returning targeted actorId there's; $gameParty._targetActorId
  10. How can I store enemy ID for a talk system?

Any idea why I might be getting this error message? Edit: For some strange reason I have to use BattleManager._action._targetIndex, that does work but not BattleManager.actor()._lastTargetIndex... weird.
  11. Turning who was targeted into a game variable

In the damage formula you can use this; v[varID]=b.enemyId(); However you'll do the enemyID in damage.
  12. Calling up Id numbers of enemies and items

You can make enemies immortal so they don't die at 0hp, then run the script, and remove immortal so they die. This is done in the Troops section by Battle Event. See images; I suppose for a skill based event, use a common event in skills to turn a switch on, which is checked for in the Battle...
  13. How do you begin to balance your numbers and formulas?

A funny damage formula I use that scales the max damage with max Hp; Math.max(1, b.mhp * (1 - (b.def / (a.atk*1.5 ) ) ) ) What this does is make your minimum damage 1 to avoid negative numbers against high def enemies with low atk score, and max damage will be a stat modified percentage of...
  14. Damage formula and Skill creation help?

A funny damage formula I use that scales the max damage with max Hp; Math.max(1, b.mhp * (1 - (b.def / (a.atk*1.5 ) ) ) ) What this does is make your minimum damage 1 to avoid negative numbers, and max damage will be a percentage of enemies (or your own) max Hp, depending on def and atk. Say...
  15. Trying to get the class ID of a party member and store it in a variable.

Just to add on, if you want to get classId of a targeted member (for example enemy skills), to store as variable you can do this; var x = $gameParty._targetActorId; var actor = $gameActors.actor(x)._classId; $gameVariables.setValue(13, actor);

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Friendly reminder: Make a back up of your project! ;3 I just did one and recognized I would have lost a week worth of work.
Why is there undo but not a redo like every other software in existence? :blink:
Chili: Evolved to taste spicy so no animal would eat them.

Humans: "Jokes on you ..."
I guess it becomes purely academic in less than four days but before then can anyone explain to me why the %^&*( animations in the MZ database don't have a 'Hue' slider??
Who here knows of the hidden laws of this multiverse? Such as the law of attraction

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackyBoemu