Birthday:
Jul 29, 1987 (Age: 31)
Home Page:
Family man at day. Villain at night.

Share This Page

Dalph

Nega Ralph (RM Mafia Boss)™, Male, 31, from Italy

Veteran

32gb of ram seems to be useless for gaming in 2018. The gain between 16 and 32 is 2-3fps only, not worth the upgrade. Aug 19, 2018 at 9:46 AM

1. Dalph
      Dalph
      32gb of ram seems to be useless for gaming in 2018. The gain between 16 and 32 is 2-3fps only, not worth the upgrade.
      1. Vox Novus and FleshToDust like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        @The Mighty Palm Yes, but only if you can afford it. Ram prices are crazy high compared to what they were 2-3 years before.
        Aug 19, 2018 at 12:55 PM
        Vox Novus likes this.
      4. cabfe
        cabfe
        The best compromise would be 16GB using 2 memory slots, so you can upgrade to 32 in the future if need be.
        Aug 19, 2018 at 3:35 PM
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        But 16 GB using one stick is slower than 2x8. I will be buying a mobo that supports up to 4 ram sticks though, so I can upgrade to 32 gb anyway even if I buy 16 right now.
        Aug 19, 2018 at 5:21 PM
    2. Dalph
      Dalph
      When we're kids we wish to be adults and when we're finally adults we miss the time when we were kids. Humans are never satisfied.
      1. Vox Novus and Finnuval like this.
      2. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        Not so much that we're never satisfied, just that we took our childhood for granted and never realised that little things like weekends, snow days, sick days, afternoons with friends werent going to last forever.
        Aug 18, 2018 at 12:17 PM
        Dalph and Vox Novus like this.
      3. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        That's why you got to enjoy that magic age of your late teenage years; sort of an adult but not full on one yet.
        Aug 18, 2018 at 2:30 PM
        Dalph likes this.
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        When I was a child, I had a ton of time, but nothing to do, because nobody went on to push me to explore my interests and because I chose my school badly and it was boring. Now I miss my school, because I had a lot of time, no responsibilities... And now I have things I want to do, but no time and a ton of annoying responsibilities.
        Aug 18, 2018 at 2:52 PM
    3. Dalph
      Dalph
      Razer products are massively overpriced just for their aesthetics. 200 bucks for a keyboard with customizable backlight and poor QC. Suuure.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        Similar to the apple tax. It's typically called paying a premium. I do wish computer stuff was cheaper though.
        Aug 17, 2018 at 8:28 AM
      3. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        Im so worried that Im never gonna build a decent pc because of this stuff. Why cant it all be simple and expensive = better
        Aug 17, 2018 at 8:41 AM
      4. Dalph
        Dalph
        At least Apple offers quality control and solid customer support, Razer is awful at both, lol.
        Aug 17, 2018 at 9:45 AM
        Vox Novus likes this.
    4. Dalph
      Dalph
      Dead Cells is amazing, it's like Castlevania meeting Dark Souls.
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Oh, so it is basically the PC version of Castlevania which was released in the late 80's. That one had no continues, so if you lost all your lives, start over on stage 1.
        Aug 16, 2018 at 10:50 PM
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. Nirwanda
        Nirwanda
        I assume you have heard about salt and sanctuary, it's even more like these games since it has no procedural generation.
        Aug 17, 2018 at 1:17 AM
        The Stranger likes this.
      5. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        More Souls = more good!
        Really like seeing the Souls genre sprout out. Hope we get lots of challenging games in the future.
        Aug 17, 2018 at 1:54 AM
    5. Dalph
      Dalph
      Watching Game of Thrones again and I realized it has even more deaths than The Walking Dead.
      1. Marsigne and Vox Novus like this.
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        With Game of thrones (tv show I mean more, only read a couple of the books) you sort of have to wade through some of the shock factor stuff and see many deaths also had a point in the narrative. Ned's death sets the entire tone for the setting, it wasn't just some shock factor death thrown in there for surprise (as an early example).
        Aug 15, 2018 at 11:53 AM
        Marsigne and Dalph like this.
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        Aug 15, 2018 at 8:53 PM
        Vox Novus likes this.
      4. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        @mlogan I enjoyed the books I read for the most part, I sort of got tired of Martin's writing sometimes though. He tends to write more than necessary like having to painstakingly describe Tyrion's walking over and over again. It just sort of serves to unnecessarily make everything longer. I'll probably end up reading more eventually though.
        Aug 16, 2018 at 4:53 AM
    6. Dalph
      Dalph
      I love when you find a meme that so perfectly defines a moment of your life, you feel like it was made specifically for you.
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      2. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        Now I'm curious what that meme is.
        Aug 14, 2018 at 7:59 PM
        The Stranger likes this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I'm also curious. :)
        Aug 14, 2018 at 8:47 PM
      4. Knayter
        Knayter
        but the truth is that it's a common things and you will quickly realized that you're not that special anymore
        Aug 14, 2018 at 9:46 PM
    7. Dalph
      Dalph
      Microsoft Edge is such a disgrace, what a horrible and clunky browser.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      3. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        Microsoft thinks they're edgy making a terrible browser.
        Aug 13, 2018 at 10:53 AM
      4. Knayter
        Knayter
        Hey, edge is useful! without it, we wouldn't be able to download chrome and firefox
        Aug 13, 2018 at 11:11 AM
        Wavelength likes this.
      5. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        As a Microsoft fan myself, even I gotta say I don't like Edge. Still better than Explorer and Safari, though.
        Aug 13, 2018 at 11:39 AM
        Marsigne likes this.
    8. Dalph
      Dalph
      The new Note 9 costs between 1020 and 1280 euros, I can build a boss pc at that price. Both Samsung and Apple are out of their minds.
      1. Vox Novus likes this.
      3. Dalph
        Dalph
        I have a Galaxy S7 Edge, bought it 2 years ago and it still works wonderfully, recently updated to Android 8 too, I plan to keep it for at least 3 more years. Next smartphone will probably be One Plus (if they will add a MicroSD card slot but I'm sure they will in future).
        Aug 11, 2018
        Vox Novus likes this.
      4. Kes
        Kes
        I'm in the same situation. I see no reason to upgrade at that price.
        Aug 11, 2018
        Vox Novus and Dalph like this.
      5. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        @Dalph : Just do what I do. Wait a few years then upgrade. I got a phone for $1 that way. Sure, it was about 3 versions older than the newest phone, but I still got it, just once it wasn't state of the art.
        Aug 11, 2018
    9. Dalph
      Dalph
      TMW the pizza delivery guy thinks you are a robber because of an antigerms mask you're wearing and tries to escape in fear.
      2. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        He probably had some bad experiences lol.
        Aug 10, 2018
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        This made me laugh but you can't really blame him when you think about it, he wouldn't be the first pizza boy who was lured out for nefarious purposes. People can be nuts. The worst I ever experienced delivering pizzas were customers answering the door naked, but they've been called out and killed before and this dude in the 90s had an explosive collar strapped to his neck and forced to rob a bank.
        Aug 10, 2018
        Dalph and The Stranger like this.
      4. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        I was at one point considering trying to get a delivery job since I enjoy driving... until I remembered the kind of people I might end up dealing with. No thanks.
        Aug 12, 2018
    10. Dalph
      Dalph
      Monster Hunter World looks awesome, and optimized like a paper plane done by a kid. Many gaming computers are going to cry with this one.
      1. The Stranger and Vox Novus like this.
      3. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        Meanwhile, i'm still waiting to smash stuff in Generations Ultimate.
        Aug 9, 2018
      4. Scythuz
        Scythuz
        I am ready for the hunt! Just give me a few days to decide what weapon to use....
        Aug 9, 2018
      5. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @Dalph That's why i don't play grindy RPGs. :p My favourite RPG of all time is VTMB - a game that doesn't focus on killing monsters. I like there to be more to my RPGs than combat.
        Aug 9, 2018
        Dalph likes this.
    11. Dalph
      Dalph
      I should really learn japanese as my 4th language, Japan has always the coolest things.
      1. SpaceBot, Jonforum, Marsigne and 2 others like this.
      3. Vance Raehart
        Aug 4, 2018
        Dalph and Marsigne like this.
      4. Dalph
        Dalph
        Aug 4, 2018
        Vance Raehart and Marsigne like this.
      5. Vance Raehart
        Vance Raehart
        @Dalph i have a life, its sitting home talking to my internet friends and drinking beer. :D
        Aug 4, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    12. Dalph
      Dalph
      Custom tiles really make the difference. Bye bye RTP.
      1. Prescott, ??????, mlogan and 3 others like this.
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Just don't look the rtp/default tiles in the eyes when they give you that innocent puss in boots look.
        Aug 2, 2018
        Dalph likes this.
      3. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        They really do, but if I don't save making the tileset for last I'll never finish.
        Aug 2, 2018
        Vox Novus, Prescott and Dalph like this.
      4. cabfe
        cabfe
        Yes, but...
        RTP > bad custom
        Aug 2, 2018
        Vox Novus likes this.
    13. Dalph
      Dalph
      Microsoft be like: We have a new and cheaper Surface! The Surface Go! 4GB of ram is enough in 2018 right? RIP.
      2. ??????
        ??????
        He was probably thinking of hard drive capacity lol :D
        If not - point me to the manufacturer of the 1tb ddr4 sticks!
        Aug 1, 2018
      3. Dalph
        Dalph
        Guys, it's obvious that Tai comes from the year 3000 where ram sticks of 512GB DDR20 are potato parts.
        Aug 1, 2018
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Mostly what I'm doing is leaving things on for several days at a time without turning them off. So long as the device is on, it eats up your ram. Ram only resets when you turn the system off (and not necessarily on a reboot). 1TB is what I think should be standard :D
        Aug 1, 2018
    14. Dalph
      Dalph
      First day of increase of vegetables intake in my diet, and I dream about evil vegetables acting like zombies in a Fallout world. Lovely.
      2. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        @Dalph Good choice! It's not an easy path but it will make you live longer and probably in less pain. I still need to work in the exercise though. It's hard with so little time.
        Jul 31, 2018
        Dalph likes this.
      3. Dalph
        Dalph
        @Hollow 1977
        It's not easy for sure. I'm a big man and I can't live just with vegetables sadly, I wish I could, but they don't satisfy me by themselves. I need meat, although I mostly avoid red meat because it's unhealthy if consumed too often.
        Jul 31, 2018
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Same here. We limit our red meat and eat mostly white meet and some dishes with no meat at all. It all balances out. But it is a battle that is continuously fought. Sometimes people bring in sweets to work and its hard to avoid them especially 8 hours a day.
        Aug 1, 2018
    15. Dalph
      Dalph
      Irresponsible parents everywhere here in Italy, distracting their babies for hours with digital devices just to silence them.
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        A person can have their own hobbies and fun and social time. But, it all takes a backseat to raising the child. And pawning your child off on some other activity to get that "alone time", in my opinion, is bad parenting. That's all.

Does that make more sense?
        Jul 28, 2018
        kirbwarrior and starlight dream like this.
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        @Dalph About OP... In agreement but... aren't those adults also using tech devices to distract themselves 24/7? ;)

@Tai_MT I agree with you, but it also depends on what type of fun the person is used to or wants. All single people don't live fun lives to begin with :p And lazy ppl will find ways to cut corners no matter what they do, raising kids included. lol
        Jul 30, 2018
        Dalph likes this.
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Our parents limited our tv/game time and we did family game night too. Some outdoor activity sometimes as a family. I know some families both parents work to make ends meet but that bond with your child is so important. Digital devices can disrupt that bond if used too often.
        Aug 1, 2018
    16. Dalph
      Dalph
      Welp, 18000 likes. Thanks everyone.
      1. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        *bows!!!*... *hires hitmen with bows!!!*...

Congrats Dalph! :kaopride:
        Jul 30, 2018
        Dalph likes this.
    17. Dalph
      Dalph
      No Man's Sky looks cool now with this new update, they should've labelled it as "Early Access" from the very beginning.
      1. SpaceBot and Marsigne like this.
      2. SwiftIllusion
        SwiftIllusion
        Regardless of its state now or in the future I can't personally forgive the quantity of blatant lies and clear misrepresentations during its development/marketing stages, so I'll never support it/the team.
        I'm glad though it's improving for those who were fooled into the mess that pre-ordering is or weren't able to refund it in time.
        Jul 25, 2018
      3. Dalph
        Dalph
        Agreed about everything but I have to admit that at least they didn't run away with the money and abandon it (anyone else would have done it in that situation).
        Jul 25, 2018
      4. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Yeah the misrepresentation is bad but I have to agree with dalph. I mean at least they're making it happen eventually. I hate early access though, because companies have been known to make it a paid beta tester role then rerelease the game once it's stable as a whole new game rather than update the early access, making ea a shady practice in general.
        Jul 25, 2018
        SpaceBot and Dalph like this.
    18. Dalph
      Dalph
      Can't stop laughing, pls send help:
      1. Mrs_Allykat, Vox Novus and SpaceBot like this.
      3. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Hilarious.
        Jul 24, 2018
        Dalph likes this.
      4. Mrs_Allykat
        Mrs_Allykat
        You win 3 Interwebs!
        Jul 24, 2018
      5. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Seen it before. Still classic.
        Jul 24, 2018
    19. Dalph
      Dalph
      -4 and we will have 100.000 users here!
      1. SpaceBot, Vox Novus and Marsigne like this.
      3. Zeriab
        Zeriab
        @Kes You have forgotten @Shaz, who apart from having been entirely too active, has also been here from pretty much since the start.
        Personally I was a bit late in joining the forum
        Jul 28, 2018
        Shaz and Vox Novus like this.
      4. Kes
        Kes
        Jul 28, 2018
        Vox Novus likes this.
      5. Shaz
        Shaz
        Yeah, Nathaniel told me about the new forum and I joined, without realising it wasn't even 'live' yet and the only people who were on at the time were the mods and admins! I'm #19 :)
        Aug 1, 2018
        Vox Novus likes this.
    20. Dalph
      Dalph
      It's so amazing to see my 80y old aunt using a smartphone, she adapted so well to this generation.
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        @taarna23 Yeah, it was less the technical difficulty aspect than her often being a person unwilling to change too much beyond her comfort zone.
        Jul 22, 2018
        Marsigne, Dalph and mlogan like this.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Heh, fair enough. Me, I am good with "push button, get coffee" especially when I haven't had any that day...
        Jul 22, 2018
        Marsigne, Dalph and Vox Novus like this.
      4. Dalph
        Dalph
        Then there's me, not drinking coffee at all and using the good old way to wake up (washing the face).
        Jul 22, 2018
        SpaceBot, Marsigne and Vox Novus like this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 29, 1987 (Age: 31)
    Home Page:
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/Dalphy/
    Family man at day. Villain at night.
    About Me:
    I'm tall, witty and can be a good conversationalist.
    First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Computer Science (I'm a Tech-Savvy worker)
    [​IMG]
    Woof! Woof! Grrrr.
    Harold from my game: Night of the Living Harolds.
    Thanks a lot to Verdelite for this great art piece!

Signature

Al Dente Cooking Contest | 1 hour Cooking Minigame made in 1 day.
    Night of the Living Harolds | 3 hours Clicker-QTE-RPG-Hybrid made in 3 days. | Award
    Royal Odyssey: Foundation | 2-6 hours Board Game-Memory Game-RPG-Hybrid made in 2 weeks.