Dalph
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Awarded medals About

• Windows 10 October Update (1809) rollout blocked because it deletes files in Documents. I'm starting to be tired of MS and their crap.
    Reactions: The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Why is Windows even messing around with your Documents folder? Windows 10 just sounds like glorified malware.
    Reactions: Dalph
    Hudell
    Hudell
    It was an Insiders version, no?
    TakeHomeTheCup
    Seriously, I starting to want to make the jump to Linux... Or at least make it my primary and Windows my secondary. Microsoft is sadly screwing everything up.
    Paypal asking for verification codes through sms suddenly and for no reason, even after I did it countless times already. -_-'
    Bonkers
    Bonkers
    Very Odd even when my account was selected for authentication and all the purchases I've made recently that's never happened.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I've never been asked for verification codes. Are you sure it's actually PayPal? Does the text contain any links?
    Dalph
    Dalph
    It's them and it's annoying me, they want verification codes every now and then and I dunno why. Should just contact the support and ask them what's going on.
    Married life is much better than people think.
    1 week I don't even turn on my computers, such a highscore. *geek level decreases*
    When you visit someone and their dog barks aggressively at you and the owner is like: Don't worry, he is quiet and calm. IF YOU SAY SO.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    When I was a teen we moved and I had neighbors who one of the first things they said to us was that their dogs were "good, quiet dogs". That first night though we were assailed not just by noisy yipping dogs half of the night but the very neighbors who claimed they were "quiet" barking obscenities back at the dogs.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    This continued for weeks until I started taking their dogs on walks with mine so that they weren't on chains 24/7, bored and so tightly wound that they'd bark at a pin drop. the dogs stopped barking but the neighbors still barked at each other screaming at the top of their lungs on a somewhat regular basis for as long as I lived there.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    @Philosophus Vagus Woooow. You were nicer about it than I probably would have been, but then again, I'm not a pet person at all. I still do think that people are blind, but in cases where it's the same behaviors they're also blind to their own problems and it extends outwards. You're right that humanity has a natural tendency to lie though, especially to ourselves.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I enjoyed it for the most part. I didn't like some of the later dungeons because of how long they were. That said, I thought that the story, characters, and music were all great. :)
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Yup, the dungeons are definitely the weakest part but the writing and the characters are great.
    Steve Jobs 2010: Nobody would ever buy big phones. Apple 2018: New Iphone XS Max is 6.5 inches and biggest phone ever!!! Seems legit.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    That's not only Apple making huge phones nowdays though, Xiaomi made the Mi Max 3 that is almost 7 inches and the Galaxy Note 9 is 6.4. A good percentage of modern smartphones is at least 6 inches.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    @Sharm : It doesn't even fit well in my pocket anymore. I find the weight of the phone is too much and I have to carry it another way, or it is in danger of ripping my pants.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    My current phone is sometimes too big, and it's the smaller version. I'm hoping that this one will last me for a very long time.
    TMW a brand new pen full of ink doesn't write...no-matter-what-you-do. *throws it from the window* There, take that!
    Having a tattoo with your lover's name is so stupid. What if you break up? You will end up with either a painful reminder or a scar.
    Otto
    Otto
    @Poryg I think computers have a slightly higher utility, overall, for me at least, I can do a lot of stuff with a computer that I wouldn't know how to replicate with a tattoo :P
    but seriously, I see what you mean, and I'm not ruling them out, I actually like most of the ones I see. I'm just not in a rush to get one.
    OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Don't need a tattoo. Don't want a tattoo. If I ever got a tattoo, It would probably be Tifa though.
    Alanood
    Alanood
    I believe in hate tattooing tho lol
    I waste way too much time on Google Earth, random exploration is very fun.
    "How do I download more ram?" Is the question I have been asked the most when they want me to repair their pc. A classic.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    95 was slow and had a tendency to crash. 98SE was great though and I remembee playing a ton on msdos mode.
    ??????
    ??????
    But in all seriousness dude, you can install something like 'msi ramdisk', and use your hdd/ssd as more ram. So, it is technically possible to download more ram, with its speed being dependent on your disk drive. :)
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, if you run out of ram, windows will by default use the drives for ram, But hdd is very slow compared to ram.
    I don't understand why people always complain of fan noise in gaming laptops. If the fans are not working you will end up with a toaster.
    Reactions: The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Some people think hearing fans is a sign that something's wrong. Fans make a lot of noise when working. A lot of people complained about the ps4 making a lot of noise while playing intensive games, and devs had to explain to them how fans worked. xD
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    You only need to be worried if your computer produces so much heat that it becomes uncomfortable or outright painful when you touch it. I experienced this while playing SC2 on an old laptop. The area around the fan became so hot that I couldn't touch the keyboard.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    My computer produces only 25dB of noise even when it works hard. And I can barely hear it when it's calm despite having three fans on 100% power all the time (they're case fans and they're not customizable). When my old fans produced 45 dB of noise and something happened, I couls immediately recognize it.
    Had a conversation with someone recently and felt like they were looking down on my job. Some people are very arrogant and disrespectful.
    I keep MSI Afterburner always on when I play games on my laptops, I'm probably getting too paranoid with cpu and gpu temps, lol.
    cabfe
    cabfe
    It can't break anything to let it run. And considering that temperature is a major problem with laptops, it's probably better to keep that habit.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Certainly something worth being worried about I guess; especially if you are running high performance games.
    Almost 5000 pictures (2 years and a half of life basically) in 4k on my smartphone and it doesn't slow down at all. Well done, Samsung.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    My huawei tablet doesn't slow down either, however it's getting obvious that it's becoming obsolete. Apps are getting more and more laggy.
    Although I don't do 4k photos, only 2556x1800.
    Kes
    Kes
    Does this mean that you gave in to the marketing pressure and upgraded to 9?
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Nope, still using my S7 Edge since March 2016, I plan to keep it untill it'll break. :p
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

putting a puzzle in my game that BSODs the player's computer if they complete it
I finally got a book out the door after seven years of nothing \^-^/ Now if I can get a game out the door too, that'd be great...
MY GAME IS NOW OFFICIALLY RELEASED!!
*FurAffinity is down*
*Sets house on fire*
This is fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poppiota