Recent content by Damascus7

1. Damascus7

RMMV Yanfly's Action Sequences -- conditional movement

I was using the same sort of code as used in the <Post-Damage Eval> tags, which I think comes from another Yanfly plugin, but I can't remember which one. But your suggestion worked great! For some reason, enemies would also not move, but I just made a slight alteration. I ended up with this...
  2. Damascus7

RMMV Yanfly's Action Sequences -- conditional movement

I'm using Yanfly's Action Sequences, and I'm currently trying to put in a conditional script into one of the sequences. The idea is: when you take the Attack action, the character moves up to the target to attack, UNLESS the attacker is using a crossbow type weapon. The crossbow's weapon type...
  3. Damascus7

Adding something to a character battle sprite mid-battle?

Update: I found a simple way to carry over the Augment effects upon switching armor. I basically have the Augments carry a passive state, and have an event record those states as variables. Then I swap armor, and reapply the Augment's effects onto the player. Unfortunately, the game crashes...
  4. Damascus7

RMMV SumRndmDde's Dynamic Actors attempting to pull image from wrong folder

Following your suggestions, I went ahead and made new folders and files with no spaces in them; I didn't want to just change the existing names out of fear of breaking the character generator. The new notetag is: <Force WingPart2 Piece: Wing4> However, the part is still not appearing on the...
  5. Damascus7

When I use the correct directory path, with the file in all four subdirectories, nothing happens. The part I need does not appear one the sprite and I do not get an error message. I double checked that I made no typos. I use this notetag, for the following file, following the directions: <Force...
  6. Damascus7

Hi there! I'm using SumRndmDde's Dynamic Actors to try and add wings to the back of a character sprite upon class change, and am encountering a rather strange bug. I kept trying notetags for different pieces of clothing, and none of them were appearing on the character. I found out why after I...
  7. Damascus7

It took me a while, but I did finally find a plugin that works for me. First I found that there actually is a dynamic sprite editing plugin that's meant to go to with the character creator I was already using. Unfortunately, this conflicted with my other plugins for some reason, and I couldn't...
  8. Damascus7

Changing HP gauge height in rpg_windows.js, WITHOUT using a plugin

Looks like you were right about a plugin overwriting! It turned out to be Yanfly Core, which I didn't even realize has settings to adjust gauge heights. (I did even go through the parameters once when I was working on this issue and apparently completely missed it.) So I was just able to use...
  9. Damascus7

Changing HP gauge height in rpg_windows.js, WITHOUT using a plugin

Hey, y'all! So I'm still working on an ongoing problem with changing the height of HP gauges, and I can't do it exactly the way I want with any available plugins. Any of the plugins I try either do not give me the option to change the height, do not work properly with one or more of my own...
  10. Damascus7

I'm using SumRndmDde's Character Creator, which doesn't provide any way to add individual parts to sprites without opening up the whole creator, so I think using that plugin is a no go. I thought I had found a workaround using Yanfly's Weapon Animation, since that swaps the weapon part of the...
  11. Damascus7

Hey there! I was unsure of where to put this because I'm not sure whether or not it will require a plugin, or which plugin it would require if so. I'm looking for a way to add something to a player character's sprite mid-battle. Specifically, I want to add a pair of wings behind the character...
  12. Damascus7

RMMV Olivia's Octobattle HP gauge height

I had a look at the sample game and then matched all of the plugin's parameters in my game to the one in the sample game, and unfortunately this didn't change the height of the gauges. I even took the plugin from both games and put them into a text compare thing but it showed that they were...
  13. Damascus7

How do you organize dialogue when writing?

Since I saw this pop up, I thought I'd share a solution that I just came up with recently. I sort of came up with a code system that allows me to easily organize and search for the dialogue I want. I gave a specific code to each chunk of dialogue (that is, any uninterrupted chain of text...
  14. Damascus7

RMMV Olivia's Octobattle HP gauge height

I'm facing another slight problem with Olivia's Octobattle. The plugin's HP gauges are a bit too thick for my liking. I'd prefer them to be about a half or a third of the height. The only variables I see in the plugin are for minimum width and gauge padding. Is there another way to change the...
  15. Damascus7

RMMV Olivia's Octo Battle, OTB - HP bars and names misaligned

Yep, that was it! Though, I also was able to place the HP gauges in the correct spot after turning off the enemy sprite auto-positioning in OctoBattle. I'm going to disable them anyway and turn on OctoBattle's gauges cause I like the HP drain to be instant rather than gradual. Now I'm facing...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A shotgun is not a rifle. Huh.
SIGH its so hard to convince my friend that making a game for fun and making one to sell takes different planning. I don't care about weird bothersome ways of doing things in a game made for fun, but when you are planning to market it, there is some stuff that you just have to streamline or cut out.
It might be a little bit boring and tedious, but building that database of armor, items, weapons and skills are super important.
More words of wisdom: Trying to make everyone happy will just make you miserable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wxzlion