Last Activity:
Mar 28, 2017
Birthday:
Jun 7, 1987 (Age: 32)

Share This Page

Dark_Metamorphosis

What a horrible night to have a curse., Male, 32, from Sweden

Veteran

Just gonna look forward now and try to make a game that I can be proud of, instead of puting so much preassure on myself to make it feel like perfection... Sep 29, 2015

Dark_Metamorphosis was last seen:
Mar 28, 2017
    1. Dark_Metamorphosis
      Dark_Metamorphosis
      Streaming some nooby parallax mapping for my project, feel free to check it out:
    2. Dark_Metamorphosis
      Dark_Metamorphosis
      Using another monitor for parallax mapping sure ease everything up :D
    3. Dark_Metamorphosis
      Dark_Metamorphosis
      Full night of balancing, wow will be tough to get all the spells balanced properly xD
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dark_Metamorphosis
        Maybe so, but Its needed in order for me to progress the skills without having different tiers.
        Dec 3, 2014
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I have "Upgrades" of my skills, but I've designed them in such a way that they can still be useful at low levels (like, if you'd not taken a single upgrade). But, I'm also using very little multiplication and division in my formulas. I'm mostly sticking to set values and addition/subtraction. I didn't want the nightmare of percentages and such.
        Dec 3, 2014
      4. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dark_Metamorphosis
        Cool, Im using a sort of skill tree to set points in my skills, that way they need some sort of modifier when a point is spent in order to recieve more damage.
        Dec 4, 2014
    4. Dark_Metamorphosis
      Dark_Metamorphosis
      Seems Im finally back after a long absence... Life caugt up with me.
      2. Scythuz
        Scythuz
        Welcome back :)
        Nov 29, 2014
      3. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        Welcome back =3 Good luck with furthering your project.
        Nov 29, 2014
      4. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        welcome back!
        Nov 29, 2014
    5. Dark_Metamorphosis
      Dark_Metamorphosis
      Anyone watching TI4?
    6. Dark_Metamorphosis
      Dark_Metamorphosis
      Got stung by a wasp today, good thing that I'm allergic to them... oh wait.
      1. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        :o Holy crap. Hope you're all right. I have a fear of them due to having been stung by one as a child.
        Jul 9, 2014
      2. AnkHtheNeek
        AnkHtheNeek
        :( Ouchie...! Hope you'll be alright! :D
        Jul 9, 2014
      3. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dark_Metamorphosis
        Thanks :) It's all right. I mostly get extremely swollen and looks like a baloon xD Good thing it didnt get me in the neck or something similar, ugh. I usually dont mind them, but because of my allergy they freak me out a bit.
        Jul 10, 2014
    7. Dark_Metamorphosis
      Dark_Metamorphosis
      streaming some from project :)
    8. Dark_Metamorphosis
      Dark_Metamorphosis
      You should play this! Its AWESOME!
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        Loast? And what are you saying, man?

It works just fine, ahahah
        Jul 7, 2014
        1 person likes this.
      3. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dark_Metamorphosis
        First time I tried to stream something thru geforce experience lul.
        Jul 7, 2014
      4. Deleted
        Deleted
        Srry, 'last'.

Link just took me to some bigfit website.
        Jul 7, 2014
    9. Dark_Metamorphosis
      Dark_Metamorphosis
      Wow been so abscent recently. Life has been a bit chotic, but finally starting to settle down again :p
      2. VoxPopuli
        VoxPopuli
        Good to see you back in action!
        Jul 4, 2014
      3. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Welcome back, man.
        Jul 4, 2014
      4. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        I know the feeling! Good to see you around again
        Jul 4, 2014
    10. Dark_Metamorphosis
      Dark_Metamorphosis
      Guess I'm one year older then... again.
      2. Cadh20000
        Cadh20000
        Happy Birthday!
        Jun 7, 2014
      3. Wyn Wizard
        Wyn Wizard
        Happy B-Day bro! mines in 10 days. then ill be 19! woooooo!
        Jun 7, 2014
      4. JacobM
        JacobM
        Yo! Happy Birthday! :D
        Jun 7, 2014
    11. Dark_Metamorphosis
      Dark_Metamorphosis
      It's amazing how much I have been 'druged' by this song. I just can't get enough :D
      1. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        This is quite awesome.
        Jun 5, 2014
    12. Dark_Metamorphosis
      Dark_Metamorphosis
      Played some AC: Black Flag today and wow It's certainly the best AC game I have played! (Even though the mechanics are almost identical like always) And wow It feels amazing to be able to push that insane graphics with my new GPU :D Löve it!
      2. Bukarett
        Bukarett
        I know exactly what you mean! I'm so addicted to it!
        Jun 4, 2014
      3. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dark_Metamorphosis
        @Darr123 Ye that was one of the things I found to be a bit boring too. Traveling from town to town doing the same thing over and over. I feel like AC4 has a lot more to explore (like the treasure chests are an awesome addition) And there's more variations in the locations. I also noticed that there's a lot fewer collectibles in the city (I have only come to Havanna so far) so i guess that mean that they will be spread out a lot more and needs even more exploration, which is a huge plu...
        Jun 4, 2014
      4. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dark_Metamorphosis
        plus... I'm just in love with the ship! I could sail around for hours and still love the game! xD Also, I think I managed to accidentally delete your post, sorry :/
        Jun 4, 2014
    13. Dark_Metamorphosis
      Dark_Metamorphosis
      Hmm I think I did something wrong with the humble bundle. I payed 10 dollars as custom, which SHOULD have given me Ace and XP according to the bundles? Or am I at fault here? In any case it wont matter, all I got is still so worth the money :D Just find it a bit strange.
      2. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        Did you go to your profile and find the 'click here for steam keys'?
        Jun 1, 2014
      3. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dark_Metamorphosis
        You mean 'My Librabry?'
        Jun 1, 2014
      4. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dark_Metamorphosis
        Oh nvm, I found it. Thanks :D
        Jun 1, 2014
    14. Dark_Metamorphosis
      Dark_Metamorphosis
      Seems like my game will be on hold a lot during the summer. I just can't work on it that much because of the weather... Even though my health condition makes it hard to do anything productive outside anyway.
      1. Dalph
        Dalph
        Oh, sorry to hear that Dark, hope things will get better for you man.
        May 27, 2014
        1 person likes this.
      2. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        Sorry to hear that, I was looking forward to the next version
        May 27, 2014
    15. Dark_Metamorphosis
      Dark_Metamorphosis
      1. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        That's good stuff, man. Behaviour sprites add a lot of depth to the cutscenes in my opinion.
        May 15, 2014
      2. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        It's a blast =3 try to do some non linear behaviors as well. Spell casters deserve a spell casting behavior, I even did a knife toss for a thief. It's a great way to add little flavor or big ones like interacting two while hugging.
        May 15, 2014
      3. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dark_Metamorphosis
        Yeah, I'm pretty bad at editing sprites though but I hope I will be able to make some easier edits. So far I have managed to make a laugh behaviour, and a 'stare down the floor' behaviour. They could have been better, but they work pretty ok. Making a spell casting behaviour or anything similar might be a bit too complicated for me though. Will keep in mind about the non-linear behaviours, and see if I can work something out :) What do you think about the edit I linked? Does it work?
        May 15, 2014
    16. Dark_Metamorphosis
      Dark_Metamorphosis
      After reading a lot of writing tips when it comes to theme, character development, and plot I almost feel like throwing in the towel xD Making a game is like writing a novel with graphics. And here I dream about being an author haha! (Maybe I just need a small break) :D
      2. C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
        C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
        ^ this guy is a genius. Follow his advice.
        May 14, 2014
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yeah, revision is really the key here. The best authors I know do different passes on their manuscript to tweak each element like a pass for characterization, a pass for theme, ect. No one can do it all at once.
        May 14, 2014
      4. saintivan
        saintivan
        "Maybe I should just write without thinking too much, and then come back and change things..." Yes, absolutely. Creativity is the engine behind good writing, and it acts spontaneously; it has no master. During the day at work, if I get an idea, it usually comes out of nowhere. I jot it down, and put it in my game later. When I'm writing the game dialog, sometimes it flows (the process is actually called "flow" when you're totally creatively engaged), and sometimes ther...
        May 19, 2014
    17. Dark_Metamorphosis
      Dark_Metamorphosis
      Is it required to have some sort of twist in the game? I have some events that will change and twist the plot a bit, but I'm starting to hesitate if they are good enough, and I'm having trouble to come up with something I'm even happier with xD
      2. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Twist isn't really necessary, but as the others said, it's nice when the story isn't too predictable. Surprise the player. Hold them on the edge of their seat concerning what might happen next. Put a bit of mystery in there. Make the player ask questions.
        May 14, 2014
      3. C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
        C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
        just try to find something that you're happy with, period. if it includes a twist, go with it. if it doesn't, then don't. the twist isn't mandatory at all, but if it works, then twist and twist hard. whatever works for the story, i reckon.
        May 14, 2014
      4. saintivan
        saintivan
        I agree with Matseb. A good story line is not predictable. Surprise is one of the greatest gifts an author can give. A twist, if you are implying the exact opposite of what your plot is setting up, is not necessary.
        May 19, 2014
    18. Dark_Metamorphosis
      Dark_Metamorphosis
      Gonna drown my sorrows with some Chrono Trigger xD The game-making and my health has been pretty bad this weekend. But hey, better times awaits :)
      2. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        I remember you saying about it. Is the pain really bad? I was going to say, perhaps game-making could take your mind off it. I always find it that it helps me to forget about the bad stuff that's going on in my life.
        May 12, 2014
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        I know how you feel with the unknown illness and lots of pain thing. I have CFS and Fibromyalgia, took the doctors ages to even admit that there was something actually wrong in the first place and it took years after that to get a proper diagnosis. I wish you luck in your diagnosis, feel free to PM me if you need someone to commiserate with.
        May 12, 2014
      4. Zane
        Zane
        Last year I couldn't stop dehydrating from April till November even after I drink plenty of water, I practically knew most of the ER staff because every other week I was back getting IV's. They weren't sure what was causing it. Being dehydrated comes with really bad migraines and blurry vision.
        May 12, 2014
    19. Dark_Metamorphosis
      Dark_Metamorphosis
      I so want to continue on my project, but my brain is in a freeze today (It usually is anyway) :D
      2. That Bread
        That Bread
        If I get stuck I wait until night and jam out to music... usually some idea pops up.
        May 9, 2014
      3. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dark_Metamorphosis
        Hehe no not at the moment xD I'm having second thoughts about my system's and I'm not sure if they will work out like I intended to. I'm trying to simplify some things a bit :p
        May 9, 2014
      4. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Simplifying is good, so long as it is still fun. All in all though, it's hard to know what system is best for the game until other people try it out and give feedback.
        May 10, 2014
    20. Dark_Metamorphosis
      Dark_Metamorphosis
      Sooo lost tonight haha xD Dis never gets old:
  • About

Birthday:
    Jun 7, 1987 (Age: 32)
    First Language:
    Swedish

[​IMG]Welcome to my Hideout! [​IMG]

So you found your way here?, that's great!

Stay a while and listen!

[​IMG]

Who am I? (More than a miserable little pile of secrets?)

I go under the profile-name Dark_Metamorphosis here on the RMW forums (But most people call me Dark).

My real name is Andreas, a friendly guy and geek for life that enjoys everything related to gaming. Games has always been one of my biggest passions, ever since I got my very first console back when I was 7 years old. I have tons, and tons of game-series that have made a really big impact on me and they are too many to be listed.

I guess some of you have noticed that, 

Castlevania:

My current project!

I'm currently working on my first rpg-maker project:

[​IMG]

More of me and the project:

Steam

Youtube

Twitch

RMW Events I have taken part in/ won prizes from:

Release Something Weekend

Let's review Games!

12 hours of Christmass! - Won the Luna Engine.

Farm mapping contest! - Won Celiannas Rural Farm pack.

Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to send me a PM!

Oh by the way,

IndrahMatseb2611 and Dalph,       

Are my Idols!  B)  

Music, Friends, Games, Conserts, Parties, Writing, Rpg-making and lots more.

Signature

'You have been doomed ever since you lost the ability to love.'

Infected with the sickness...

[​IMG]

Some of the games I support:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]