Dark_Metamorphosis
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Finally got a new font for VW, The previous one was a bit messy :)
    Drachen
    Drachen
    Were you using the default font?
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    No I used a font called Bookworm, but it didn't clash that well with my menu background and it wasn't showing the letters properly on some occasions :(
    Animus
    Animus
    I was going to use a font called Bookman, but the letters would be unbolded at some times, also not showing letters properly. It's great that you've got a new font to use though.
    My Feature demo is done! Will be uploaded here shortly :) Feel free to check it out, it would be sooo valuable to me!
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    It's now uploaded on my project thread and can be found here:

Thanks a lot! :)
    gregbaby
    gregbaby
    cool man! its 1am here in the UK so will give it a try in the morning and i'll let you know via PM cheers!
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Thanks :) Yeah It's getting late here too. Glad I finished up the last bit of it before heading for bed :)
    Making an upgrade system that the players will find useful is harder than I thought. I hope my setup will recieve positive feedback. Planning on a demo soon.
    Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    I know that feeling. I made a cooking system, and it works, but I have to make sure its useful and isn't just a BS attempt at a feature.
    Working on making a demo for my 2 new features =)
    Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    Good luck! I'm working on not killing myself while I attempt to make a castle.
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    ugh, castles are a pain! I'm not looking forward to map my manor, castle and a tower...

I wish you luck too though! :)

My demo's gonna take a while to set-up :/
    Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    I also have to do the interior.... Kill me D:
    Well time to pick up some of the games from the RSW! It will take a while to play all of them, but man I'm looking forward to it :)
    Soon done with my new Beta for RSW! I'm just having some debate on if I should only use the possibility to skip entire cutscenes, or mix it up being able to fast forward text as well as skip entire cutscens.. or maybe just go with 1 of them.. any thoughts?
    seita
    seita
    why would you want to be able to skip cutscenes? Are you gonna make it replayable?
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    So far I have some choices that will effect the gameplay, and I have 2 different possible endings that the player can get. I'm not sure if I will be able to pull it off to the size that I'm hoping for though, and make it a requirement to finish the game a second time to get the other ending, or just make it a alternative at the end of the game. On another note I think that being able to skip cutscenes can be a good thing if you for example die on a bossfight and have to rewatch the
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    whole cutscene again. I think that the option to skip something that you have already seen before might be appreciated by some people.
    So.. some events to fiddle around with and my new Beta version for RSW should be complete. Yay!
    santashi
    santashi
    Sounds like you're keeping good time. :)
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    I hope so hehe. Thinking about if I should put in the possibility to be able to skip all the cutscenes though.. As it is now I have the possibility to fast forward text on the events where you talk to different people, and the ability to skip events that is more like a 'cutscene' and more valid to the story..

Seems like the fast forwarding can mess up the movement inside the cutscenes too, but I'm not sure if I should exclude it and just go with a full skip of the cutscene.....
    Just finished watching the livestream of Dreamhack Open 2013.. Leenock ended up as the champion against Naniwa with 3-2, Some insane games there! Too bad for Naniwa though :( I was hoping for a Swedish champion this year :(
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    No, Starcraft 2 tournament here in Sweden, Stockholm :)
    Jef299
    Jef299
    I've seen some games they can get intense and I like the commentary!
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    I agree :) I usually just follows the SC tournaments from Dreamhack though, since It's located here in Sweden. But I really love the whole event and the torunament! It was kind of a milestone this year too since It was aired on national television here in Sweden, pretty cool :D
    Sometimes I hate my life..
    wildwes
    wildwes
    @Darr

Is breá liom Google Translate!

Anyway, to quote something:

"don't worry, be happy!"
    LoneWolfDon
    LoneWolfDon
    Life can be a struggle and full of hardship. Just try to take things one step at a time, one day at a time, think and act positive and move towards your goals and dreams. Do it, do it now! :) Hang in there. I understand well.
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Oh ye, Belmont will rise! It's okay, I'm just facing some harsh stuff at the moment.. nothing I can't handle. Just gonna put on some 'Always look at the bright side' monty python marathon now :)
    I think there's something wrong with me.. I can't stop eating during the nights, but I'm not getting fat :(
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    @Thalzon, I didn't mean it like that.., geez now you make me feel dumb! It's more like the habit of eating in the middle of the night (which is not good in the first place), and the case that I won't change in weight what so ever (I'm way too skinny). And I'm not wealthy if that's what you think :p

@Emzie: So that's why I have all these weird dreams! Yeah I guess so.. but I definitely need to gain some pounds!
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    And Conect, I would love some cheezy poofs!! Or maybe some cheeze doodles? :D
    Emzie
    Emzie
    @D_M that's mostly like hard, because eating and eating wont help, it will just going to give you a bad figure.
    After all this work, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to complete my game.. the skill section is just something that I can't handle..
    Kread-EX
    Kread-EX
    You don't need to be good at maths for this. Damage formulae are perfected through trial and error :3
    LoneWolfDon
    LoneWolfDon
    I totally sux at Math stuffs. But yeah, it probably doesn't need to be like an specific exact formula thing to make it work to what you had in mind. Personally, I often follow the "KIS" system for a lot of things, "Keep It Simple". That may mean thinking-outside-the-box a bit, or it could mean not bother trying to implement something that I find overly complicated. If it's something you really wanna keep, maybe simplify it.
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    The things I have researched seems to include a lot of math, but I don't know (when it comes to balancing). In any case I have no idea what any thing in the forumla section means. For now all I can do is to put variables to decide when new enemies will appear for the player and set a level restriction for each event in the storyline, and build the enemy from there and just playtest every possible scenario..
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daniloduran