Recent content by Darkscape

1. Darkscape

Combat Mechanic Ideas?

I am Currently planning to make a Survival Game, So I have an idea to base the Combat Mechanic around "Afflictions" that the Character cannot escape from. These Afflictions are caused by Natural Phenomena like a Heatwave, Thunderstorm, Heavy Rains or a Sandstorm. I also plan to incorporate...
  2. Darkscape

Brainstorming an alternate magic cost system

Sounds like a Unique & Fun idea. A similar feature that brings back memories was a Unique Battle system with "Magic Cards" in an Old RPG from 2000s called "Septerracore". I'm not sure how many People have even heard of it, But it was a Great RPG for its time. In it, You get to cast cards of...
  3. Darkscape

I find the 3rd one with the Large head really unique.. Never seen art like that before in most...

I find the 3rd one with the Large head really unique.. Never seen art like that before in most games, So that's my favarite one :cutesmile:
  4. Darkscape

Best practices for level progression?

For the convinience of our discussion, Let us pretend we balance enemies around Player Character Stats. So let us focus only on Player Character stats. You would have to take into consideration following things : A -> Base stats of Characters (At the Beginnning) B -> Growth (Per Level) C ->...
  5. Darkscape

Why is there a slight delay with Map Effects?

If you mean Weather or Tint Screen Effects on Map.. Try these 2 things : -> Lower the Duration from 60 to something like 1 -> Uncheck the "Wait for Completion"
  6. Darkscape

Do you mean the Optional text that says - "Press a Button to Skip the Cutscene" ?

Do you mean the Optional text that says - "Press a Button to Skip the Cutscene" ?
  7. Darkscape

MV/MZ Fantasy Icons Pack

Hello, I'm sorry if this appears as a Newbie question. I'm pretty new to RPG Maker MZ (I've been watching Tutorials on Youtube) and learning for a few days and I recently discovered - "Shikashi's Iconset" resources, recently. I quickly noticed that the first icon appears to be different from...
  8. Darkscape

You could in-fact think of the shorter game as a "Proof of Concept" for the Game Jam version and...

You could in-fact think of the shorter game as a "Proof of Concept" for the Game Jam version and perhaps borrow some ideas for it from it later on and improve upon it ? That way, You don't have to start from the beginning, Just add to it.
  9. Darkscape

Yea, Not sure about other versions but I noticed this especially with Battlers in MZ.

Yea, Not sure about other versions but I noticed this especially with Battlers in MZ.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_8_19_2022_2_3_18.png
FINALLY got the mood system in the game during battle. Since the game is called Panic Attack, I figured you should have certain moods present including Panic. so the main 3 or Hype, Depressed, and Anxious. Panic is only when stunned.
Red_V2.png
Red's design is finally finished (his hair is blue on purpose, it's a joke!). Out of all of the compulsory party members, he spends the most time with you. Just like the character he's based on, he presents himself as a simple person who only wants to help others, but there's obviously more to him than meets the eye.
I drew the cover for my new book. I don 't like to entrust this work to someone else )

WM8Xp2VYvg8.jpg
So if I wanted to share little video clips of my game on here... without using youtube... what would be the most ideal way to do that? FWIW, I use Mega a lot to upload videos and just share the links with my friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delisyabakery