DarkSpectre
Last Activity:
Nov 5, 2019

Followers 1

Game Dev, Studio Owner, Inventory Administrator

Share This Page

DarkSpectre

Lover of all things game related..., Male, from US

Forum I can just riff ideas? Constantly finding inspiration Id love 2share and get feedback on, but uses 2 many characters. :LZSlol: Nov 2, 2019

DarkSpectre was last seen:
Nov 5, 2019
    1. DarkSpectre
      DarkSpectre
      Forum I can just riff ideas? Constantly finding inspiration Id love 2share and get feedback on, but uses 2 many characters. :LZSlol:
      1. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Try Ideas that don't deserve their own thread thread on here.
        Nov 2, 2019
        DarkSpectre likes this.
    2. DarkSpectre
      DarkSpectre
      Have an interesting idea for a skill system. Limit a set number of skills. Learn skills from various sources. Keep below the max.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. DarkSpectre
        DarkSpectre
        You can have say 5 skills of each tier, and 5 possible tiers. Meaning a character can potentially carry up to 25 skills, but is limited by which tiers they can access.
        Nov 2, 2019
      3. DarkSpectre
        DarkSpectre
        Accessing each tier / type would require the relevant amount of general experience to access that tier, as well as the knowledge of the skill acquired from say a book, trainer, or even from defeating specific enemies/bosses.
        Nov 2, 2019
      4. DarkSpectre
        DarkSpectre
        You can even make skills that can only be accessed through non-combat scenarios such as relationships with other characters or world events, even your character’s reputation.
        Nov 2, 2019
    3. DarkSpectre
      DarkSpectre
      Been distracted the past week with Mini-me hospitalized for a few days. Doing better now though, and hoping to get back on track tomorrow!
      1. ImaginaryVillain
        ImaginaryVillain
        Listen, sometimes your Mini-me gets injured testing out the new anti-hero death traps. It happens, don't sweat it too much... Villains Inc will always send a replacement. Life really got better once they started including a Mini-me guarantee. =D

Now if only they would let me Prime ship them. <_<;;
        Nov 1, 2019
        DarkSpectre likes this.
      2. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        Nov 1, 2019
        DarkSpectre likes this.
    4. DarkSpectre
      DarkSpectre
      If anyone could direct me to sources for learning JS specifically for RPG Maker they found useful I would be eternally grateful!
      1. standardplayer likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. DarkSpectre
        DarkSpectre
        Thanks everyone. :D @Poryg, I have already started watching your videos! They have been very helpful so far, and I plan to continue watching them.
        Oct 28, 2019
        standardplayer likes this.
      4. DarkSpectre
        DarkSpectre
        @standardplayer I definitely have no JS experience. :kaoswt: However, I do have some OOP experience which has made it pretty easy to catch on to the basics.
        Oct 28, 2019
      5. DarkSpectre
        DarkSpectre
        I guess to be more specific, it is utilizing the JS in RMMV that I need to focus on, and less on the actual learning of JS...
        Oct 28, 2019
    5. DarkSpectre
      DarkSpectre
      Currently adjusting to learning JS. Luckily having a background in OOP makes this much easier!
      1. Poryg and standardplayer like this.
      2. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        If you're doing it for RMMV, you'll wanna get familiar with the PIXI library, as MV uses it. Lots of time savers in there!
        Oct 24, 2019
        DarkSpectre likes this.
  • About

Game Dev, Studio Owner, Inventory Administrator
    About Me:
    Currently have a A.S. In Game Design, prepping for another degree.
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Game Design
    Hey everyone! I'm a fresh-off-the-press Game Design Grad from Full Sail University. I also founded my own studio about a year and a half ago, Dark Spectre Games, but due to the nature of working a day job and studying at night, I have not had much time to focus on the studio other than the business aspects and brand identity. (Creating a logo, getting promotional items made, getting a DBA and business account, etc, etc.) I originally became interested in game design when playing around with some earlier versions of RPG Maker, and fell so in love with it that I decided to return to school and get a degree in it. I usually work in Unity, though I have also done some work in Unreal, and mainly utilize C# to program, so please bear with me as I adjust to learning JS! I mostly work on RMMV projects now as a distraction from my more complex projects, and to just practice being creative, but I do have a special soft spot for the RPG Maker series. Feel free to message me anytime to talk about anything to do with game design, as it is obviously one of my most passionate discussion topics!