DaveTheArakin
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• unknown.png

Been feeling that my characters spent too much time exploring caves, so I figured it was time to explore abandoned keeps instead.
    Still working on Chapter 2. I originally said it was done, but decided to extent it a bit more because I felt the story was too fast-paced for my liking.
    I don't know how fast everyone works, but it usually takes me three-four months to finish a chapter. Mostly because I usually spend one hour a day to work on the game. Then I need to spend some time thinking on the story and drawing characters.

Is it normal or abnormal?
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    One hour a day, nearly every day, sounds like an incredibly healthy way to approach your game dev hobby, honestly. I wish I could be that healthy about it!

If you're only committing an hour a day, though, months to complete a chapter sounds about right, and even a bit low (meaning you're making efficient use of your time).
    unknown.png

A new companion for the second chapter for the female protagonist's route. Although I say new, this character is one of the four original character that I have planned from the beginning. She underwent some redesign as I improved my drawings.
    unknown.png

Handshake protocal activated.

Developing chapter 2 for the male protagonist had its highs and lows, but at least I am getting close to ending it and move on. :)
    Been slightly struggling with developing the latest chapter, I think I will downscale my ambitions and make it more linear.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Linear is better if solo, as handing branches takes forever. I had branching endings just based on a choice you make at the end of the game and it took one day for each ending in the end.
    Good thing I asked my friend to playtest one of my chapters for me. He found bugs that I wasn't aware of. :D
    • Love
    Reactions: Nenen
    Shaz
    Shaz
    The more playtesters you have, the more bugs they will find. Solution ... don't have playtesters.
    As I am very soon going to let my friends play the demo of my game, I am fixing those annoying color lines that appears on top of the characters head durng battles :blush:
    A part of me wants to return back to the beginning and first two chapters and remake them with parallax map. But I have decided not to. Every chapter is just another step in the journey. No need to walk back unless I have to revise dialouge.
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    I'm not familiar w/ any of the specifics of your project but I think that's generally the right decision!
    I like new party members. Unfortunately, that also means a whole new set of SV for them :(

Those can be tedious to draw
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Use front view battles. Problem solved ;)
    Made a surprising amount of progress in these past two days. Really helps when parallax mapping breaks limitation and allowing me to be creative and make maps that match my vision.
    unknown.png

I am starting to get a hang of this parallaxing mapping business. Still inexperienced, but at least I can be a lot more creative now :)
    For the next chapter, I am trying to figure out how paralax mapping works. I already know how to import and create my own assets, but my mapping can be better :D
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working on some A4 Interior walls in my own style.
Making test maps is really illuminating when it comes to figuring out how the real maps should be. It's like the outline that one writes for the story before writing the actual story.
I am adamant about not having missable quests, which means having to write entirely new scenes at each plot progression that takes into account that time and events have passed since the quest could first be accepted while still having there be a quest to solve in the first place. It's worth every second.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiboux