DaveTheArakin
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Been slightly struggling with developing the latest chapter, I think I will downscale my ambitions and make it more linear.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Linear is better if solo, as handing branches takes forever. I had branching endings just based on a choice you make at the end of the game and it took one day for each ending in the end.
    Good thing I asked my friend to playtest one of my chapters for me. He found bugs that I wasn't aware of. :D
    • Love
    Reactions: Nenen
    Shaz
    Shaz
    The more playtesters you have, the more bugs they will find. Solution ... don't have playtesters.
    As I am very soon going to let my friends play the demo of my game, I am fixing those annoying color lines that appears on top of the characters head durng battles :blush:
    A part of me wants to return back to the beginning and first two chapters and remake them with parallax map. But I have decided not to. Every chapter is just another step in the journey. No need to walk back unless I have to revise dialouge.
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    I'm not familiar w/ any of the specifics of your project but I think that's generally the right decision!
    I like new party members. Unfortunately, that also means a whole new set of SV for them :(

Those can be tedious to draw
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Use front view battles. Problem solved ;)
    Made a surprising amount of progress in these past two days. Really helps when parallax mapping breaks limitation and allowing me to be creative and make maps that match my vision.
    unknown.png

I am starting to get a hang of this parallaxing mapping business. Still inexperienced, but at least I can be a lot more creative now :)
    For the next chapter, I am trying to figure out how paralax mapping works. I already know how to import and create my own assets, but my mapping can be better :D
    My gameplay is starting to feel fun now. Quest rewards actually feels like it has weight now because it really positively strengthen the characters. Which in turn creates a motivation to complete quests.
    Finally getting close to the finishing line with another chapter. The chapter began with me following the outline that I have planned. But adding depth to the outline and figuring out how to get there was and still is really fun. :)
    The_Trio_M.png

Currently working on the second protagonist's story and her companion, making good progress. But I am looking forward to return to my other protagonist and continue his story and have him joined by a new companion. :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After so many hours of debugging, losing data to crashes, and slight adjustments.
BlackJack now deals cards perfectly! Time to adjust the background and implement the game logic so you can actually play it.BlackJack.png
I once thought about a boss gauntled game. I actually did it.
Stream will be live shortly with some Gex 3! Feel free to drop by!
Snippet from a game I'm working on. Not much happening here. Mostly look at atmosphere. May upload a longer version. Still need to make up some enemy arts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leekit