Recent content by David Bergström

1. David Bergström

Can you alter the framerate of animations?

TheoAllen, you are a saviour! This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks Matseb, but I need it specifically for individual animations. :) Ah man, TheoAllen you have seriously saved me a TRUCKLOAD of work! Thanks so much!
  2. David Bergström

Can you alter the framerate of animations?

Hey everyone! I was just wondering if there is a way to change (I need to slow down) the framerate at which animations are shown on the overworld? I have a custom animation I made looping as part of my terrain, but it is running through a touch quickly, and I was just wondering if there is a...
  3. David Bergström

Quincy and Amber: Quest to Autumn

I'll look forward to that, Benny! :D When the time comes to release your game, I'd be happy to host it on our site (if you're willing to make it a free game, that is)! Keep up the great work, it really is a lovely game! :)
  4. David Bergström

What are you doing for your new job? :D That's awesome congrats!

What are you doing for your new job? :D That's awesome congrats!
  5. David Bergström

Maintaining Fear in a Horror/RPG

I agree with Dedhsme here, particularly about the music. The soundtrack of a game can make just about anything creepy, as well as making anything creepy feel not creepy. If you have discordant, ambient and kind of echoing music for the horror scenes (think Metroid Prime style synth pads and...
  6. David Bergström

[ACE] Help with Grimmoire Castle's 'Go Go Totori!' alchemy script.

Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows of a way using Grimmoire Castle's Go Go Totori! alchemy script recipes to require a specific item and not any item of a particular family. At the moment, within my game, No matter which item ID I specify under the notetags, any item in the same...
  7. David Bergström

Init gold

The problem could lie in the fact that 'Change Gold' actually ADDS the amount specified, rather than changing it all together. So from what I can see in your screenshot there, you're adding 25 to the gold, rather than setting the gold to 25 in total. I'm not sure if this helps, but you may need...
  8. David Bergström

Some event help

Weirdly, changing the graphic of an event is managed under the 'Set Move Routes' section. I think it's under the third tab of events, but if you make a 'Move route' within an event, one of the possible movement routes is 'change graphic'. I've uploaded a screenshot to try and show where to find...
  9. David Bergström

How do I make NPCs bounce a quest between themselves.

I'd use variables to do it, personally, so that, basically, say you're using a variable named 'quest' to control the stages of the quest. When you first talk to the guard and get the quest, the value of 'Quest' would be set to 1, then, you would be required to talk to another person who would...
  10. David Bergström

Quincy and Amber: Quest to Autumn

Hey thatbenny guy, I just downloaded you game and want to say that I think it's a fantastic game! It reminds me a little of Artbane's 'Labyrinthine Dreams' - another puzzle game made with RPG Maker VX Ace - which is one of my favourite games made on the engine.This game is sizing up to be a...
  11. David Bergström

LOL! In the country where I live (Australia) the remake of Atelier Rorona has been given the...

LOL! In the country where I live (Australia) the remake of Atelier Rorona has been given the rating of R18+ on Vita. Apparently, Astrid being a pseudo siscon is grounds for 'reference to sexual violence. XD
  12. David Bergström

I just changed my name! I didn't know you could do that! XD I figured I'd run the name of my...

I just changed my name! I didn't know you could do that! XD I figured I'd run the name of my design team for a while! :D
  13. David Bergström

Spoken like a true RPG fan! I think my crowning glory of colon regret was a game I started in...

Spoken like a true RPG fan! I think my crowning glory of colon regret was a game I started in 2010 called 'Chronicles of Mana: Shattered Skies'. Only now do I realise how cliche that is. XD
  14. David Bergström

software or wares, and it was pirated, I wouldn't mind too much, because for every person who...

software or wares, and it was pirated, I wouldn't mind too much, because for every person who pirated it, they may tell someone else, who may in turn buy it. It depends on your perception, and your selling position, is all I'm saying. That being said, let it be known I'm not advocating piracy on...
  15. David Bergström

I agree Galenmereth. I mean, I don't advocate piracy, but at the same time, an apple costs...

I agree Galenmereth. I mean, I don't advocate piracy, but at the same time, an apple costs resources to produce, software on the other hand, once the initial intellectual property is created, requires no additional outlay, whether you make one copy or ten million copies. At the same time, it...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yay! Someone did a playthrough of my game. :D

When you thought you'd be finished with the grid, and spend ~8-9 hours on an arrow. How is this more difficult to than player movement?

Still some bugs hiding in there, but it's nearly complete.

I'm having it strictly follow the path a user draws, because there will be booby trap and other similar mechanics where you want to avoid specific cells.
I feel like banging my head against a wall every time I want to find that post that shows all the plugin header codes. Then I think "next time I find it, I'm going to bookmark it". Then I think "wait a minute ... maybe I bookmarked it last time because it took me so long to find it". Check bookmarks, and there it is :)
... a few of my main characters standing around doing nothing lol. I mostly wanted to see them together on screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tembabavuma11