dazed
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• why are towns so hard to map?
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @IguanaGuy Looks like a gypsy camp. LOL! I love it. Thanks for making me laugh. xD
    @Maj Settlements should be similar to characters. They don't need to be boring areas with a few buildings strewn about the place. They can, and should, have a history and a personality of their own. Try to design your settlements with both their history and purpose in mind.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    My problem with towns is I always map them too big. When I playtest-wander them, I try to picture the downs in games that I like and then I start to realize how big it is, how much time it takes to get around... and then I squish it. It ends up feeling super cramped in the editor but plays much better.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I started forcing all my towns to be 45 x 45 tiles unless it is a capital or a major town, then I expand if it is logical. For example Aurora is a resort town and it ended up being 45 x 90 tiles in the end (done as 2 maps). And the Dwarfen Capital is 3 45 x 45 tile maps (would be 4, but the 4th is all mountains).
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A new VA has joined the "Beyond the Mirror" team... I can't wait to start working on battle voices in the engine now.
Well bad reviews r making me rather annoyed today.
Ami
--- F.Mage Cooking Part 2 ---

F.Knight: Chef isn't here at this moment,he goes back into his Hometown to celebrating the Halloween with them.
F.Fighter: That too bad. I can't taste his dish until 3-5 days.
F.Mage: Then Leave it to me,i can make a Special Dishes for our Team in Halloween! (Rushes Into The Kitchen)
F.Knight & F.Fighter: (Screaming) YAMEROOO!!!
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
aero the acrobat 2 on sega had some absolute bangers on the ost... why Meeting Dr. Dis was just for a cutscene and not a boss makes me sad lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmaxmax