deadtuning
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I've been so unmotivated to work on anything lately so I'm giving myself a challenge! By next Friday I will make a very VERY simple game with MV. I'm not aiming for anything amazing, but rather just to start and finish a project for the first time since buying MV... Wish me luck! ♥
    Reactions: 1 person
    deadtuning
    deadtuning
    I thought that too, but figured I'd see if I could motivate myself first. I'm always too nervous to try a game jam because I still feel like a fumbling beginner and when it's organised like that it's more pressure, I guess. It sounds silly, but I'm thinking if I can finish this project then I might be more likely to actually try a game jam. :)
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    That's okay to, I just meant an imposed deadline by an external factor tends to be more motivating than a self-inflicted one. Definitely just keep your sights low, tell a quick story or focus on only one main mechanic. You could also make a mini-game or make a boss rush style game.
    Snow White
    Snow White
    I don't know why, but It's always easier to start a project then to finish one :p

Good luck sweetie! Hope everything goes smoothly! :cutesmile:
    This is the first time I've logged in since the last MV update. Have I missed anything important/wonderful/hilarious?
    Really need to start working on my project again. Made the mistake of letting it sit for too long and now can't get back into the groove  ;_;
    Still haven't got the motivation to restart my maps following the Kaus crap. I don't know how you people with big/more maps are coping at all. Mine are all small and only took so long because I'm terrible at mapping.
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    when ya fall from a horse, climb back. Obviously this was a gift horse with bad teeth, so go back on a pony (ie, simply go with rtp :) ) ye know what, yer maps can only be better, cause ye learned some stuff in the process.
    deadtuning
    deadtuning
    ♥ Very true, I learnt a lot during that time. I've decided to mostly use RTP and a few others to supplement (PandaMaru's trees are just TOO beautiful and really fit the setting I'm going for). I started reworking last night a little bit while watching TV. The hardest part was starting, now I just gotta get back on that pony (I shall call him Gregory) and keep plodding along.
    That moment when you consider pulling an all nighter because your lack of mapping skills is making you too anxious to sleep.
    Just found a big ass spider on my wall. Nope, not sleeping tonight. Good excuse to work on making maps though!
    Whelp. Recorded a gameplay video and it corrupted before finalising the file. Thankfully I still have the save from the start of that episode and can re-record it.  ;_; Learning lessons very quickly haha
    amaSenpai
    amaSenpai
    This has happened to me so many times! I have back up saves on my backup saves now. Good luck with recording.
    deadtuning
    deadtuning
    Thank you! You'd think with the amount of gameplay videos I watch and how I always hear "my last recording got corrupted" etc I would've thought to do it anyway. I'm just so grateful I accidentally left that save untouched.
    amaSenpai
    amaSenpai
    It always happens the one time you save over the wrong file, too.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......
i love my game very much
Uh, I'm probably overthinking this, but I think that some of my music sounds kinda...bad?
The melodies are just sort of awkward, and don't flow.
I'm really not sure what to do. Why am I even worrying about this? I don't even have a battle system yet!
And the Lord said, let there be lighting effects! And there were lighting effects! And it was good...ish? Might tweak this some more.
Today was a day of good things! Thank you fate! I pray to the darkness that those that read this will enjoy a good day as well! Power to the gam mak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lopilon