Birthday:
January 7

Share This Page

DedTreeJig

Ancient Coder, Male, from Lone Star State

Veteran
DedTreeJig was last seen:
Jan 1, 2017
    1. There are no messages on DedTreeJig's profile yet.
  • About

Birthday:
    January 7
    First Language:
    English
    By trade I am a system administrator and programmer.

Back in the heyday of 2d graphic adventures (gives you an idea of my age) I wrote the game engine for a never released game called Curly's Adventure (youtubeWalkthrough).  The experience, while fun, was also incredibly frustrating due to mismanagement.  I swore off game development and have been a software developer (B2B mostly) since.  Recently I have wanted to make Christian based games. I started with RPG Maker VX Ace but found removing the elements of game play that were not needed very frustrating.   With the JavaScript and plug-in support of RPG Maker MV I find it much easier to customize the game elements and mechanics.

If your still reading this, here is a list of other things I do.

• Write windows programs for fun and profit.
    • Write games that I may or may not finish. I have 4 or 5 games that I have in the pot. The top ones are a Bible Quest game (RPG Maker MV) and a MUD (multi-user dungeon) engin.
    • Play the guitar and mandolin in a worship band.
    • Occasionally sing in church.
    • Occasionally write songs.
    • Occasionally write short stories (which, like my games, I may or may not finish)
    • Write a web comic called The Agents. I can't draw so I use Compo to create it.
    • Fly model airplanes and drive rc cars.
    • Play a few MMO's (Guild Wars 2 and Elder Scrolls Online)

I suppose that's enough for now.

God, family, software development, music (play the guitar, bass, ukulele and working on the mandolin).

Signature

“When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths men miscall their lives.” - Paul Gerhardt