Recent content by Deletrius

1. Deletrius

Game & Map Screenshots 10

You solved the cliff height problems I pointed out, and I would say that the shadow below the bridges indeed adds depth. What I meant with the Rock Water Tile is marked in the Screenshot below: if you have the tile marked in red, than you should definitely use it in spaces like the yellow ones...
  2. Deletrius

December Goals and Progress Thread

Since I finished my theater place in time, now I only need to do the sprites. As 64 pixel sprites that use the proportions of the battler, so that I can use battler Poses within a normal cut scene. Since zooming the sprites bigger doesn't work on several levels (blurring, Head to Body ratio...
  3. Deletrius

Game & Map Screenshots 10

I can see two slight errors in the cliffs, one below your strawman in the middle, on on the other side of the steps where you included the farn at the bottom of the cliff. In both cases, the cliff is 3 tiles high, it should only be 2 tiles. Since I parallax, my memory is a bit fuzzy, but it may...
  4. Deletrius

IGMC and November Goals and Progress Thread

Thanks :) It can get slightly annoying if you use the mouse to move your sprite, though, since your character then stops when it hits one of the invisible events. Might be that there is a way around that, but I don't know it.
  5. Deletrius

I assume you turn the thing into an archive, a zip or rar file, so that one file contains the whole game. I've seen some people turn the game into one big .exe, but whether that is a good idea :/
  6. Deletrius

Finally worked out the kinks for my secret base animation/sprite (so that it functions as a walkable map in both states). It got a bit complicated: If anyone wants to use this puppy, I posted a sample project in my resource thread, so you can basically copy paste everything.
  7. Deletrius

Behavior Sprites and bits and pieces

Okay. Some new stuff. The cellar/secret base I showed in the November goals thread (the gif is severely reduced in quality and number of frames): Usual credit. The thing is tough to implement, as some tiles have to be traversable in one state and not in another, plus overlays, the result is...
  8. Deletrius

Made it with my trusty 15 year old Paint Shop Pro ;) To implement it into RPG Maker, I will turn it both into one big sprite and split it up into several (3 5*5 tile sprites, for example), just to see which will tax the system less. It has 61 single frames, so it can fit into one sprite sheet...
  9. Deletrius

Belated goals for the month: finish the maps and sprites for an in-game opera house. this includes stage lifts to change the scenery within the performance, like this one: Had to significantly lower quality and cut out about 85 frames of the animation to be able to upload this here. Once I...
  10. Deletrius

How to make a sprite animation like in the Witch House?

Set movement route is definitely the way to go. You will have to try out how fast you want to set it. When it comes to animation via turning: if the normal frequencies don't look good (one two fast, the next too slow), pick the one that is too fast and insert a few frames of waiting between the...
  11. Deletrius

Behavior Sprites and bits and pieces

Ok, been of for quite a while, with one month spend mostly hiking in the English countryside and without a computer. That's actually last year, but same guy, same place, same weather :biggrin: Anyway, picked up a project I shelved months ago and finished it. It's the legendary deep mine...
  12. Deletrius

A way to trigger switches/variables from an audio file

hmm, as I thought then, the audio file does not communicate with the game apart from playing the music on cue. I considered cutting the music into a number of shorter files. That way, it might be possible to introduce stop gaps, as in playing the next file only after the first finished. The...
  13. Deletrius

A way to trigger switches/variables from an audio file

Hello, it is probably a long shot, but I've been racking my brains over a certain problem. There are a lot of ways to trigger music per plugin or event. My problem is that I need to tie actions by events closely to the music. Meaning I want to have sprites who sing and act out the music as it...
  14. Deletrius

May Goals and Progress Thread

First, though, some belated spring cleaning. EDIT: this should have been a edit of the first post, sorry for the double posting.
  15. Deletrius

May Goals and Progress Thread

Two weeks of wall-to-wall work and now sick as hell, but it seems like I will have some time the next few days and possibly most of next week. Aim: drawing my character profiles and eventing, and ignoring the temptation of doing sprites of any kind.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Today I drove through my city of 100,000+ people during rush hour and the streets were nearly empty. Just so I could go get my favorite burger. There a dental assistant (she said that's her other job, even though I didn't ask) took my order and handed me a burger. I know it's bad out there... But wow, she's either atrocious with her money, or "it really be like that".
Chilling out while toodling around someone's painstaking Minecraft recreation of Disneyland. It is mind-boggling and probably as close as I'll ever be to going.
>Testing with fonts change.
>Tries installing a plugin. Doesn't work.
>Tries changing the plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Tries installing another plugin. Doesn't work.
>Changes a few more plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Goes directly to the gamefont file and changes the src. Works.

YYEEEAAAAHHHAAAA

Perseverance is key, bois and girls.
What Reviews say on RPG Maker MZ?
Looking back at some sketches, and game design documents on my PC dated summer of 2015. I started development with the release of MZ, but in 2015, I felt a strong desire to make a game out of the blue. I remember feeling sad for no apparent reason, and all these ideas rushed into my head. Now that I think about it, since that day, everything has become easier to do on my PC . . . it’s very creepy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ocren