Recent content by Denn

1. Denn

RPG MAKER MV PREORDER PAGE IS LIVE!

Auto-shadows are the worst. I guess a plugin is nice to remove them, but I'd much rather just have the option of turning off the automatic application of them in the editor, so I don't have to edit my map with them getting in the way.
  2. Denn

Compared to most other data storage (I'm looking at you, XML!) JSON is very human readable. It's one of the best things to come out of JavaScript. Seeing it used directly by MV is super exciting since it means MV might not use binary files to store everything. It might not happen, ​but it would...
  3. Denn

This almost perfectly describes a game I'm planning (minus only steampunk). Admittedly, it only fits because of time travel, but it still counts!
  4. Denn

-CONTEST OVER- Help us come up with a new tagline!

RPG Maker MV: "So powerful, you can even build your own tagline"
  5. Denn

-CONTEST OVER- Help us come up with a new tagline!

RPG Maker MV: "Maybe make a game or something?"
  6. Denn

What kind of plugins/scripts are you looking forward to?

Careful, this is JavaScript. Let's play it safe and go with "Battle system" === difficult.
  7. Denn

RPG MAKER MV OFFICIAL PAGE

Seeing as how it's not the simulated buttons that many mobile ports use, how will running work with touch controls? I'm curious to see what sort of support we get for adding functionalities. I often like to include extra buttons for things like a map button, and a reset puzzle button. Perhaps...
  8. Denn

Today. Today is a good day.

Today. Today is a good day.
  9. Denn

I'm give up! Your appelation is technical monkey!

I'm give up! Your appelation is technical monkey!
  10. Denn

Will you stop using VX altogether?

I originally picked VX over XP because of performance. What I really wanted was something in between. Ace managed to pretty much do that (with exceptions, like XP's superior mapping). However, while Ace versus XP is debatable, Ace clearly beats VX. It's causing me to remake all my projects in...
  11. Denn

How to Add Files to Ace's Generator

I did a quick test, but it looks like you are indeed limited to the chibi sprites. It entirely clipped off the the bottom region of the sprite. It did, however, accept the larger sprite without complaining. It could be possible to use larger sprites, but you'd have to make it in multiple...
  12. Denn

How to Add Files to Ace's Generator

So, are the dimensions set? As in, are we stuck with the chibi characters, or is there a way to get sprites to be two tiles high each?
  13. Denn

RMVXAce Tips and Tricks

I'd like more information about how shif mappings passibility works. Based on what I've toyed around with, tt seems like if it can be used correctly, it might be extremely powerful for easy mapping.
  14. Denn

Mapping in five easy steps

I tend to prefer smaller interiors for a number of reasons. It's just an opinion, so I'm not saying you're wrong or anything. But yeah, I like my interiors closer to the size of the exterior because it helps me better shape the inside. The main reason though, is that large interiors tend to...
  15. Denn

Mapping in five easy steps

Something I'd like to add if you don't mind is that the interior of a building or cave, should match with the exterior. Rectagular buildings look bad on the inside, so if you make a complex building, the facade should reflect this. If you have two stories, the outside should be much taller. If...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So a guy enters in a bar and walks up to the counter. He looks the bartender with a mysterious look and asks him...
I've wondered for a while now... what is it about the YED SV plugin that just doesn't do transformations... I feel it's how it looks up the battlers honestly.
To actually work on my game, or browse these forums about creating my game? Hmmm....
Tanning beds are actually vampire traps. Coffin shaped but the minute they're inside... BAM UV Rays. Dead Vampire.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/restrictions-limited-move-sets.117489/ A new blog discussion thread draws near! Command?

What do you think of Limited Move Sets?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eveelynn