Recent content by desertbriar

1. desertbriar

RMMV Ramza's Plugin Suite Support topic MEGATHREAD

Hello! I was adding and testing some recipes and this error popped up after trying to add an armor in the ingredient slots. I'm not sure what it means but it's probably something to do with my armors not being independent items.
  2. desertbriar

Poll: Determining what gold/treasure an enemy drops.

*shrug* They ate/absorbed the gold or have on them from looting travelers' bags. I have them drop a very small bit of gold that would make sense they can carry plus the sellable/craftable trash loot. I also have them drop food ingredients forageable in the wild so it somewhat makes sense. I...
  3. desertbriar

Favorite ways to learn skills when playing an RPG?

Learning via level up, skill trees, and learning/equipping skills that are tied to what equipment you have on you are some of my favorites.
  4. desertbriar

Does Realism = Counterproductive?

I would just make each weapon deal one type of damage in their attack command for simplicity, then have other skills that deal a variety of damage, like one skill makes the lance do slash damage and another skill makes it do pierce damage. I have a similar system in my own game. Realism doesn't...
  5. desertbriar

Favorite ways to learn skills when playing an RPG?

As a player, I love the level ups and skill trees. The first one makes for fun surprises while leveling and the second gives us neat branches to choose from. I'm not much of a fan of the jp skill unlock systems if they require dull skill use grinding like ff5 and fft. Octopath and Alliance...
  6. desertbriar

Mechanics you dislike

Some people think they can weasel out of balancing things with enemy level scaling...but they don't realize they need to balance how the enemy scales too. Then the level 50 rat at the beginning of the game can just roflstomp your entire party in a turn, or you better hope that you didn't...
  7. desertbriar

Mechanics you dislike

No area map: Please give a map of the dungeon, even if it's crude boxes drawn for rooms and a simple show picture common event from an item. Zelda games had this and it made exploring more fun since you didn't get lost. Most newer jrpgs have an area map too. Radiant Historia and Trails of Cold...
  8. desertbriar

How to implement every possible Yanfly Tips & Tricks effect in MZ with VisuStella plugins

You are a true saint! I'll keep this in mind whenever I pick up MZ on a sale
  9. desertbriar

Map Skill: Remotely Move any out of reach objects in front of you MV/MZ

Sweet, the Golden Sun field skills are fun to use! This would be great for puzzles
  10. desertbriar

How to Update NW.js to Dramatically improve Game Performance!

Wow this is amazing! I always thought it was kinda eyebrow-raising/embarrassing whenever my MV game lags in the year of 2022 lol. I put trying this off for a while worried that I would accidentally break something but the process actually went smoothly. The playtest window even got a nice...
  11. desertbriar

RMMV Community Lighting MV & MZ

I love this and am very glad it's very easy to switch over from Terrax! I can already feel the performance improve
  12. desertbriar

Mapping and Map Design tips

Hello! I made a little guide on mapping techniques I use. This may or may not be more advanced as it assumes you know some of the basics of the map editor. This tutorial doesn't cover autotiles, I don't really use them since I prefer more detail with manual mapping. I usually draft my maps in...
  13. desertbriar

Eventing Respawning Foraging Nodes and Enemies Using Script Calls

Hello! In this tutorial we will be using events to represent on-map enemy encounters and foraging/mining nodes, turning on their self switch after the event executes, then call a common event at some point (like using an inn) to reset the self switches for those events on their map to allow them...
  14. desertbriar

Tips and Tricks with Luna Engine MV

Hi all, I’m not a pro at Luna Engine MV myself but I can provide a couple tips and tricks I picked up while learning the engine from others and the documentation, since there’s currently only a few tutorials out there currently. Although I’m not the best at explaining or teaching things so I...
  15. desertbriar

RMMV Ramza's Plugin Suite Support topic MEGATHREAD

Ah my bad! I left behind some blank recipe entries as templates to use and that was the source of the error. It works fine now after I deleted those

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Update on the Unity thing: I had to redo all my map graphics for Unity because the originals were from XP, but it actually looks so much better now in Unity, so I genuinely might make the switch.
Messing around with fragment shaders (filters). This thing is HUGE and I'm surprised almost no one makes good use of. Even the number of plugins that do this stuff are limited.
ScreenShot_6_28_2022_3_2_40.png

There's 7 main areas in the game that are all connected. This train get's you from an underground lab to the center of someone's subconscious. inside the train you can talk to some of the passengers. but going to the top of it, there's battles.
Speedrunning all character portraits just so they all have the same quality. Not sure if this was a good idea, but now I'm almost done.
We now have a gameplay video!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kuacq