Recent content by DestinNotDustin

1. Designing Skills which cost HP

I'll look into it when I get home. For reference for anyone who stumbles across this thread, do you know the name of this plugin?
  2. Designing Skills which cost HP

I'm impressed! I'll give it a shot and reply here if I come across any issues. Thank you!
  3. Designing Skills which cost HP

Is there a way to design Skills which cost HP without having to use Yanfly's Skill Cost Manager script?
  4. RPG Maker - Creating a State that spreads if attacked by physical attack

I'll have to check it out. Appreciate the help Solar_Flare.
  5. RPG Maker - Creating a State that spreads if attacked by physical attack

As the title suggests, I'm attempting to create a State that spreads if attacked by physical attack. This State is called Static Shock and whenever an opponent hits an enemy (or vise versa) who is affected by Static Shock with a physical hit, they too obtain the status effect. Which traits would...
  6. Help creating Skill: Wall of Fire (using YEP_BuffsStatesCore)

Turn 1 when Wall of Fire is cast grants two buffs + channels the next attack. Players select which enemy to target during this turn. Turn 2, Wall of Fire is done channeling and cast. After cast, the two buffs are removed. Its alot, I know.
  7. Help creating Skill: Wall of Fire (using YEP_BuffsStatesCore)

I am creating a skill with use from the YEP_BuffsStatesCore plugin, but struggling to add the proper Notetags and Effects. Description: Wall of Fire is a magic spell used by the Magician class. It erects a round curtain of fire around the caster during turn one, and thrown as a burning wave on...
  8. Creating a lifesteal skill in RPG Maker MV

Yo, it worked! Thank you guys so much!
  9. Creating a lifesteal skill in RPG Maker MV

I thought I had it set up so the skill would hit 100% of the time through the auto attack hit and the formula ( c = a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2; a.gainHp(Math.round(c * 0.08)) ) with the 0.08 representing 8% of lifesteal. Maybe I am mistaken? I'm still learning; thank you for bearing with me. I...
  10. Creating a lifesteal skill in RPG Maker MV

I'm attempting to create a lifesteal skill and placing it on a dagger weapon. However, the dagger is not applying the lifesteal at all after attacking with a Normal Attack. This is the formula I'm using thus far: c = a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2; a.gainHp(Math.round(c * 0.08)) This is where I received...
  11. Tutorial 10: Character freezes when moving Rock

Yeah, it worked well. Changing the first condition to This Event and a few conditions resolved the issue. ___ Set Movement Route: This Event (Skip) +Direction Fix OFF +Move away from Player +Direction Fix ON Set Movement Route: Player (Skip, Wait) +Speed: 3 +1 Step Forward +Speed: 4
  12. Tutorial 10: Character freezes when moving Rock

You're right, I set the first condition to Player instead of This Event. I appreciate the help! This is all still new to me.
  13. Tutorial 10: Character freezes when moving Rock

Despite following the tutorial, my character froze while attempting to push a rock. I made a mistake somewhere in the contents, but I'm not sure where (and most importantly, why the mistake took place). I have attached a picture to this post showing the Rock's contents. Any help would be...
  14. RPG MV issue: cannot place a single cave on Field Map; instead fills the entire Field Map with caves

Ahhh shoot, I see it now. Appreciate the help Bgillisp!
  15. RPG MV issue: cannot place a single cave on Field Map; instead fills the entire Field Map with caves

I have this issue where I place a cave on the Field Map and it covers every tile available. Switched over to towns, and the issue persists. What can I do to resolve this issue? Please see picture attached. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Here's what people think game dev life is like: Oh I'll just add this feature and that feature.

A game devs' reality: add one feature and watch the rest break like domino's.
e

I90hkCf.png
The light has gone out of my life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golgoleth