Recent content by DigitalAdhesive

1. DigitalAdhesive

DigitalAdhesive's Digital Art Pile

Greetings! Last week when I started experimenting with creating my own character portraits I created a thread and just added a new face when I completed it, but I ended up drawing far more than I originally thought I would, so I figured it'd be best to create a new topic that I update...
  2. DigitalAdhesive

My first crappy custom face!

Eep - I just noticed this topic got moved.  Sorry, I didn't know where to post it - I figured the "General" forum was the safest bet.  Sorry to any mods that inconvenienced :/ Thank you so much! That's very encouraging. At first I wanted to replace EVERYTHING! Custom tilesets (I STILL can't...
  3. DigitalAdhesive

Thank you so much!  I'm hoping the lure of new assets for potential players will compensate for the fact that they're not exactly professional quality.  That said, I'm actually pleased with how this one turned out - should look good at 96x96 anyway:
  4. DigitalAdhesive

Good catch!  I'll get right on that!  It's such a pain to try and look at your own artwork as an outsider to spot obvious problems.  Oh, and thanks for making all of those fantastic battler resources!  I just found your thread last night and was blown away! Edit:  Updated! http://imgur.com/YPQWBty
  5. DigitalAdhesive

This guy ain't perfect by a long shot, but man, there's something so cool about seeing custom assets in a game, even if they're kind of sub-par - it just gives it its own personality!  Sadly I don't think I'll have the time or ability to replace all the tilesets, but making custom faces is the...
  6. DigitalAdhesive

Monster/Enemy Graphics - Anything Out There?

Holy hell, I'm not sure how I missed that.  My Google-Fu needs work.  Thanks so much!
  7. DigitalAdhesive

Monster/Enemy Graphics - Anything Out There?

Hey all, I'm really really interested in expanding my monster/enemy graphic library (battlers mostly, but sprites are always welcome too!).  I've done a lot of googling and poking around, but haven't struck gold yet.  Are there any decent repositories of community resources for...
  8. DigitalAdhesive

Searched, Googled, Still Confused about Autotiles

Well, that makes it simple. This is going to be something I'm going to have to learn. I hope you'll all have the patience to entertain some of my inane questions regarding autotiles though. I really want to figure this out and it almost feels like I'm autotile- challenged.
  9. DigitalAdhesive

I'm curious as to whether the trees are bad or it was your sucking (I kid, I'm sure you're far better at this stuff than I am). I just want to know where the problem lies and if there is one, how to fix it. Do I even NEED autotiles or are they just an inconvenient convenience? Thanks for trying...
  10. DigitalAdhesive

Ok, this is good - I have a few more questions though -- in the tutorial he broke it down to 16x16 pixel blocks - this is just for the purpose of showing what's going on under the hood?   In my forest example, there are fifteen unique 32x32 tiles as opposed to six 32x32 tiles in his example (or...
  11. DigitalAdhesive

I know there are a few tutorials out there, and the one's I've looked at seemed to be thorough, so I think the problem is with me.  Like some aspects of math, or other disciplines, it just hasn't clicked in my head yet, and I'm confident it will when I look at it from the right angle, but for...
  12. DigitalAdhesive

A few basic questions about commercial games

It's definitely going to be a lot of work, but also a lot of fun.  I've been dinking around with custom overworld graphics, as I figured that'd be the easiest tileset to work on for the moment, and I'm looking forward to doing custom portraits (I have a wacom tablet and the face pics are only...
  13. DigitalAdhesive

A few basic questions about commercial games

I'm new to the RPG Maker community (and to RPG Maker in general) and I had a couple questions about commercial games.  I'm mostly in this for fun, and I certainly don't plan on becoming rich off of RPG Maker, but I was curious about how crucial custom assets are for people to be interested in a...
  14. DigitalAdhesive

The pros and cons of an overland map

Of course it's not a necessity, but there are reasons why they tend to be used. No one is going to judge you for having or not having one, but whatever option you choose, make sure it makes sense for the kind of game you want to create and the amount of work you want to do.
  15. DigitalAdhesive

Hey Everyone, I'm New Here

Haha, well, damn, the last thing I wanted to do was make other people self-conscious about age!  I just assumed that everyone here was a teenager!  Glad to know I'm not the only 30+ person here!  

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Mystery messages from my AI assistant. :kaojoy:
1632842960834.png
Made some updates to a previous project I was working on. Trying to mimic the 16 bit Squaresoft aesthetic.

Me (last Thursday): So, now I will...
Random Virus: NO
It's important to equip your GF.
vufFBXN.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichLatinKing