Diretooth
Last Activity:
Feb 19, 2018 at 1:41 PM
Birthday:
Nov 16, 1994 (Age: 23)

Share This Page

Diretooth

Lv. 23 Werewolf, Male, 23, from Earth

Well, picked up an old project only to find the credits text file is corrupted. Time to find who made what! Feb 9, 2018

Diretooth was last seen:
Feb 19, 2018 at 1:41 PM
    1. Diretooth
      Diretooth
      Well, picked up an old project only to find the credits text file is corrupted. Time to find who made what!
      1. Sauteed_Onion likes this.
      2. Diretooth
        Diretooth
        I also need to go through an manually sort all of the resources I've gathered over the years, how did I allow myself to make this much of a mess?
        Feb 9, 2018
    2. Diretooth
      Diretooth
      Being a forum moderator elsewhere is tiring. You ban someone who flames, and some white knight thinks they know better than you. ^>.<^
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Diretooth
        Diretooth
        I've been a member of the club for six or so years now and I still get mad when I see someone act completely unreasonable to a mod or admin who's bending over backwards to accommodate someone.
        Nov 7, 2017
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        Being a moderator here is tiring too. You get exactly the same thing - just maybe not as much here, but it still happens.
        Nov 7, 2017
      4. Diretooth
        Diretooth
        Being a mod where ideologically sensitive topics, such as religion, are common can be exhausting. Thankfully, some of the forums that I've moderated were at least polite, with most issues coming from trolls with too much time on their hands.
        Nov 7, 2017
    3. Diretooth
      Diretooth
      "Imagine if you could drink and wake up the next morning without issues."
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        People often drink with the intent of getting drunk.
        "Lets get wasted" implies they know exactly what they're doing.
        Oct 31, 2017
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. Jonforum
        Jonforum
        the next morning i drunk my pickle vinaigar bottle. miamm
        Oct 31, 2017
      5. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        I took the quote to mean: drink your problems away and next day, they're magically solved :p (Some imaginary drink)

But "moderation you squid" is funnier xD....
        Oct 31, 2017
    4. Diretooth
      Diretooth
      That moment when you're having an anxiety attack but you're working on the IGMC so you can't stop.
      1. IAmJakeSauvage
        IAmJakeSauvage
        I have them *because* of IGMC. XD
        Oct 30, 2017
        starlight dream, Poryg and Llareian like this.
      2. Diretooth
        Diretooth
        I have them because genetics.
        Oct 30, 2017
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        I have them because of being a lowlife :)
        Oct 30, 2017
    5. Diretooth
      Diretooth
      I have a newfound respect for the in-engine dungeon generator. It's not for click and forget, it gives you a base to build off from.
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        This guy gets it.
        Oct 28, 2017
      2. kaisielizen
        kaisielizen
        I think so, too!
        Oct 28, 2017
    6. Diretooth
      Diretooth
      Is it bad that I want to write a post about proper forum etiquette so people can read and understand what not to do?
      1. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        No, I'm tempted to do so sometimes as well. I think that's perfectly normal.
        Oct 22, 2017
        TheSkullWolf likes this.
      2. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        If they won't read the rules or forum guidelines from the staff, they won't read member generated guidelines.
        Oct 22, 2017
        Matseb2611, mlogan, bgillisp and 4 others like this.
      3. Stanley
        Stanley
        They won't read a strict made-to-look official or stern ones. But maybe they would chime in, say, in discussion forms?
        Oct 22, 2017
        starlight dream and HexMozart88 like this.
    7. Diretooth
      Diretooth
      As I grow older, I realize that I've become the most sarcastic person I know
      1. Blackyu likes this.
      2. Diretooth
        Diretooth
        It's the only way to stay sane when you're literally surrounded by idiots.
        Jun 5, 2017
      3. IAmJakeSauvage
        IAmJakeSauvage
        I'm rolling my eyes into oblivion. It's not attractive to act like you're better than other people, hahaha.
        Jun 5, 2017
      4. Diretooth
        Diretooth
        I don't act like I'm better than people. There are complete idiots who are better than me, I just react to stupidity with sarcasm. Which they often don't understand.
        Jun 5, 2017
        Marsigne and IAmJakeSauvage like this.
    8. Diretooth
      Diretooth
      That moment when you really want to tear into a member on the forums, but know you'd probably get banned for it regardless of justification.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        I know that feeling. As a moderator we get to see some unusually awful behavior sometimes. It's not fear of being banned though, it's a fear of damaging reputations, especially through association. I end up venting at my family a lot.
        May 10, 2017
      3. Diretooth
        Diretooth
        The worst are the people you're not entirely certain are trolls or just that stupid. I still remember the furry art that was only suggestive of NSFW actions that was spammed in a chatroom I moderated in.
        May 10, 2017
        Sharm likes this.
      4. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        *Has no mod experience whatsoever so just listens quietly.*
        May 10, 2017
    9. Diretooth
      Diretooth
      I am probably the most sarcastic guy I know.
      1. Reapergurl and Marsigne like this.
      2. Reapergurl
        Reapergurl
        Sarcasm is a good thing.
        Apr 4, 2017
      3. Fernyfer775
        Fernyfer775
        ...Was that in itself sarcastic, meaning you're actually not, or? #MINDBLOWN
        Apr 4, 2017
        Reapergurl and radiantcross13 like this.
      4. radiantcross13
        radiantcross13
        Sarcasm is THE way of life! (not sarcastic ;))
        Apr 4, 2017
        Reapergurl and TriceratopsX like this.
    10. Diretooth
      Diretooth
      Is there a way to make a zombie state where if you heal, you take damage?
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Doesn't much matter if it's even half a question (were there such a thing). Questions on RPG making go in the forums, not in the status updates. The rules do state as such.
        Apr 3, 2017
      3. Diretooth
        Diretooth
        Ah, my mistake.
        Apr 3, 2017
      4. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Besides the rule of doing it , you are likely to get a lot better answers to your question in an actual thread so its to your benefit to do so. Status updates quickly get moved to the bottom anyway so the question might be missed to.
        Apr 3, 2017
    11. Diretooth
      Diretooth
      I can never tell commercial against non. When I do, it's usually a surprise.
    12. Diretooth
      Diretooth
      As a general note to other forum-goers...
      1. Diretooth
        Diretooth
        It seems Soundcloud links are non-functional. You will have to update them to make them function again.
        Feb 3, 2017
      2. AceOfAces_Mod
        AceOfAces_Mod
        YouTube links also disappeared, so make sure to re-include them in the threads.
        Feb 3, 2017
    13. Diretooth
      Diretooth
      Sometimes, I have a knee-jerk reaction to reply negatively to posts that have terrible sentence structure and grammar. Worse if the spelling is unreadable. I'm more of an rear end in a top hat in my head than I tend to be in topics, though I often wonder if my vitriol comes through in my posts at times.
      2. Niten Ichi Ryu
        Niten Ichi Ryu
        but I get your point. I'm doing my best usually to be helpful, but its sometimes hard when you can't even understand the problem when people don't master either the RM language.

hi, pleas help, I'm in the maker, new and try to get the display pucture, event is off, pleas what the plugin to get?

thanks and excuse bad English.
        Dec 28, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        Sometimes I have to read the comments aloud several times to understand, but I've kind of learned to pick up the common mistakes of non-native speakers. Especially helpful if I know how to speak their native language, because then I'll pick up on their mistakes and know what they were trying for. An example is @nio kasgami. I can understand it with one read-through because even if you make grammatical errors, I understand what you pulled from French because I can speak French well. Don't get me wrong, however. Your English is still extremely good for someone who is self-taught. I'm an extreme Grammar Nazi, so I kind of get triggered by most bad English. Sometimes, though, with some clunky translations, it's actually rather charming strangely enough. 
        Dec 28, 2016
      4. Diretooth
        Diretooth
        @Niten Ichi Ryu Your example would frustrate me more in the sense that the problem is vague. 'Oh, this person needs a picture displayed, there's something regarding an event, and they're asking about a plugin. I'll ask them for more information, why they need a certain picture to show, why they need it to show, what kind of event they're setting up, and what overall action they need done.' That's easy. When they try to explain their problem, but they can't find the right words or end up describing something else entirely, that's more difficult.
        Dec 28, 2016
    14. Diretooth
      Diretooth
      I now own all but RMVX. So many songs and stuff to use for my games. :3
    15. Diretooth
      Diretooth
      Just discovered Yanfly's Doodads plugin. So much potential.
      2. Shaz
        Shaz
        lol - I take it Doodads uses F10?  You could probably program it to use a different key.
        Dec 21, 2016
      3. Diretooth
        Diretooth
        I probably could have, but the key worked after I mentioned it wasn't working.
        Dec 24, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        Isn't it always the way? ;)
        Dec 24, 2016
    16. Diretooth
      Diretooth
      Been dormant as of late, so when I got to work on a project again, I noticed the 'kid' tab in the generator and got excited.
      Then I saw the lack of stuff. It's a nice addition, but I think more work could have been put into the options.
      2. Diretooth
        Diretooth
        I don't seem to have it, and I have the Season Pass.
        Nov 28, 2016
      3. Lunarea
        Lunarea
        DLC 4 isn't out yet, but it will be soon. :)
        Nov 28, 2016
      4. Diretooth
        Diretooth
        I see. Thank you for clearing that up for me.
        Nov 28, 2016
    17. Diretooth
      Diretooth
      Is it me, or do sound effects grow quieter the more background music is on? I swear my voice is louder than the song when it begins.
    18. Diretooth
      Diretooth
      Every time I close MV, I get a message stating that it has stopped working.

Not sure how I should feel about that. I mean, I closed out, therefore it would stop working.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Diretooth
        Diretooth
        The thing is, it only happens after I save and quit, not before. I close the program, a few seconds later, message.
        Aug 27, 2016
      4. RoooodWorks
        RoooodWorks
        maybe its a windows thing, which windows are u using? 
        Aug 27, 2016
      5. Diretooth
        Aug 27, 2016
    19. Diretooth
      Diretooth
      I kind of like the new splash screen default in MV. I wish, though, you could have a sound effect play while it's up.
      1. Shaz
        Shaz
        all it takes is a plugin/mod
        Aug 27, 2016
      2. Diretooth
        Diretooth
        True.
        Aug 27, 2016
    20. Diretooth
      Diretooth
      I'm thinking of doing a blog in which I review user-made music found on RMW. I wonder how I'd get it to shop up here, though...
  • About

Birthday:
    Nov 16, 1994 (Age: 23)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm simply a fun-loving guy who loves to draw, write, and play games. I'm focusing on becoming a video game designer, though costs for college seem to be holding me down.

My strengths are writing and mapping, with eventing and spriting at a close second, and at a distant third, scripting, which I have no skill whatsoever with.

I also like to mess with the pitch for different themes. There are so many non-battle themes that come with the game that make an excellent boss theme. Case in point: Dungeon Theme 4 at 100% Pitch.

Current Projects:

Mountain Story (Working Title): 35-45% Completion.

Aether Story (Working Title): ?% Completion

Black Wing: A Mercenary's Tale: 10% Completion

KAIROS: ?% Completion

Alone: 20% Completion

Ideas to play with: (People may use these ideas)

An optional psychotic character that gives money when enemies are killed (Or used as justification for gaining money in battle)

I am interested in a great deal of things. Magic, philosophy, science, and the unfathomable.
    I am also a Therianthrope, my theriotypes are Dire Wolf and Dragon.

Signature

May the Moon light your path, and the Shadows hide you from your prey.

Posgagen urzefa Posyosriig qidasgesigfe genyouldr Jiikyouldr, gariigig urzefa Sazegaigyouldsa zegesigfe genyould fr'yopos genyouldr jiikrfagen.

Thanks to Avery and Hiddenone for the generator pieces for my profile pic. (Found here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/hiddenones-mv-resource-warehouse.47255/)

[​IMG]