Diretooth
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Is there a way to make a zombie state where if you heal, you take damage?
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Doesn't much matter if it's even half a question (were there such a thing). Questions on RPG making go in the forums, not in the status updates. The rules do state as such.
    Diretooth
    Diretooth
    Ah, my mistake.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Besides the rule of doing it , you are likely to get a lot better answers to your question in an actual thread so its to your benefit to do so. Status updates quickly get moved to the bottom anyway so the question might be missed to.
    As a general note to other forum-goers...
    Diretooth
    Diretooth
    It seems Soundcloud links are non-functional. You will have to update them to make them function again.
    AceOfAces_Mod
    AceOfAces_Mod
    YouTube links also disappeared, so make sure to re-include them in the threads.
    Sometimes, I have a knee-jerk reaction to reply negatively to posts that have terrible sentence structure and grammar. Worse if the spelling is unreadable. I'm more of an rear end in a top hat in my head than I tend to be in topics, though I often wonder if my vitriol comes through in my posts at times.
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    but I get your point. I'm doing my best usually to be helpful, but its sometimes hard when you can't even understand the problem when people don't master either the RM language.

hi, pleas help, I'm in the maker, new and try to get the display pucture, event is off, pleas what the plugin to get?

thanks and excuse bad English.
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Sometimes I have to read the comments aloud several times to understand, but I've kind of learned to pick up the common mistakes of non-native speakers. Especially helpful if I know how to speak their native language, because then I'll pick up on their mistakes and know what they were trying for. An example is @nio kasgami. I can understand it with one read-through because even if you make grammatical errors, I understand what you pulled from French because I can speak French well. Don't get me wrong, however. Your English is still extremely good for someone who is self-taught. I'm an extreme Grammar Nazi, so I kind of get triggered by most bad English. Sometimes, though, with some clunky translations, it's actually rather charming strangely enough. 
    Diretooth
    Diretooth
    @Niten Ichi Ryu Your example would frustrate me more in the sense that the problem is vague. 'Oh, this person needs a picture displayed, there's something regarding an event, and they're asking about a plugin. I'll ask them for more information, why they need a certain picture to show, why they need it to show, what kind of event they're setting up, and what overall action they need done.' That's easy. When they try to explain their problem, but they can't find the right words or end up describing something else entirely, that's more difficult.
    Just discovered Yanfly's Doodads plugin. So much potential.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    lol - I take it Doodads uses F10?  You could probably program it to use a different key.
    Diretooth
    Diretooth
    I probably could have, but the key worked after I mentioned it wasn't working.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Isn't it always the way? ;)
    Been dormant as of late, so when I got to work on a project again, I noticed the 'kid' tab in the generator and got excited.
    Then I saw the lack of stuff. It's a nice addition, but I think more work could have been put into the options.
    Is it me, or do sound effects grow quieter the more background music is on? I swear my voice is louder than the song when it begins.
    Every time I close MV, I get a message stating that it has stopped working.

Not sure how I should feel about that. I mean, I closed out, therefore it would stop working.
    I kind of like the new splash screen default in MV. I wish, though, you could have a sound effect play while it's up.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    all it takes is a plugin/mod
    Diretooth
    Diretooth
    True.
    I'm thinking of doing a blog in which I review user-made music found on RMW. I wonder how I'd get it to shop up here, though...
    It'd be cool to have an in-game character generator so a player could create their own protagonist.
    Reactions: 1 person
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    Isn't there a method to use random variables? you could use variables, switches and a weird event system to make a build-your-own character kind of thing or even a random character generator.
    Diretooth
    Diretooth
    I was thinking more along the lines of a plugin or script taking parts from the generator and making a character.
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    Pretty sure I saw some tutorials for this in the MV tutorial forum. Not sure how extensive those are though.
    Why is it in many games that 'kobolds' are dog-like, when they're actually little lizard guys?
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    It is interesting though how an influential series like D&D made little house goblins (whose antics range from pulling pranks to doing chores to cutting off your head and sticking it in a pot) into Lizardmen, then WoW made the "U no take candle!" Kobold, and then out of nowhere the rpg world just accepted them as dog creatures.

Shape shifters indeed.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    It's true.  I don't think WoW was the first to do dog creatures, though, I'm pretty sure I remember fighting dog like Kobolds in Final Fantasy.
    LadyHammer
    LadyHammer
    I remember them being dogs in Ragnarok Online! That was aaaaages ago omg.
    I wonder how practical ace to mv conversion is.
    Lars Ulrika
    Lars Ulrika
    It depends on the amount of custom stuff and scripts you're already using imo.
    Diretooth
    Diretooth
    *Sighs at all of the midis in one project.*
    Lars Ulrika
    Lars Ulrika
    Sorry, should have precised, you should worry about anything custom except sound files they have no impact whatsoever on the transfer. Better if they're on ogg though, not sure mv reads midi.
    This new update has my entire generator in disarray. I don't know what to do now.
    Espon
    Espon
    Sometimes it's best to just reinstall if you messed up the file system to a terrible degree.
    Diretooth
    Diretooth
    Now I have to remember how to rename the files to do the thing, sense?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't been on here in forever wow(missed my forum birthday T-T). Anyways, I'm dabbling in BGMs, here's something I'm actually willing to share.

Binge-watched 6 episodes of the Erased anime... And that means I've watched half of it?! Sigh...
I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.
Pyra and Mythra in smash ultimate are way too OP. They're basically Smash 4 Bayonetta 2.0, and not in a good way. Very toxic and unfair. At least they're hot tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skybola188