Diretooth
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• I created a made-up language. YAY!
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    I was wondering if that is what you were going to do with it! (The Al-Bhed idea I mean)
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    $!$#@!!$!@!@#!@#!@???

hahaha... I wonder what language is that...
    Diretooth
    Diretooth
    Yeah. It's mostly for flair, really. I call it Runic, based on the idea that the symbols are runes. Mostly, it's just phonetic.
    A friendly reminder to everyone: IF you're messing around with the data folders, MAKE A BACKUP. I just accidentally deleted half of my game, but I'm not going to give up yet. I'm going to work hard to bring my game back to what it had been, and I'll make it better than ever. This status is mainly me making sure I don't despair and give up on my project. Now, I have no choice but to finish my game, or else be seen as a liar.
    seita
    seita
    do you have it so anything you delete is automatically erased from the recycle bin?
    EvilEagles
    EvilEagles
    Make use of a backup solution. Dropbox/Google Drive are good examples.
    Diretooth
    Diretooth
    I'll have to in the future. But, I'm glad that I've got a good memory when it comes to stories that I've written.
    Random Observation of the Day: If you set an event to move with a specific button pressed as player touch, then have it transfer you within the same room, the event will stay in the same spot. This means, to all other RPG Maker newbs like me, you can create a two party block puzzle that moves events based on how you move blocks.
    I'm thinking of compiling a list of useful tips and tricks for VX Ace.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Maybe something like this one?
    Diretooth
    Diretooth
    I was thinking more along the lines of things you can do with events to enhance gaming experience. For instance: Change BGM to a song, have dialogue, change battle BGM to current BGM, and if you have multiple battles, set battle end ME to none for uninterrupted music.

You know, the little things.
    Script! Why do you not work right?!
    Randommerade
    Randommerade
    Oh I hate it when that happens ;-;
    DancingDrake
    DancingDrake
    User! Why do you not use me right?! Lol but on a more serious note most of the time it isn't the script that is the problem it is just the understanding of the user on how to use it or what it is really meant for. Unless we are talking bugs then you need to go and bug the creator about it :)
    Diretooth
    Diretooth
    Nah, just trying to figure out Yanfly's party script. I must be missing something.
    I wonder if one would be able to modify the Ruby Engine to use 3D 'block' tiles.
    djDarkX
    djDarkX
    You mean isometric tiles? There's already a few engines that can do that, albeit in a juvenile manner compared to an engine that was made to do it natively.
    Diretooth
    Diretooth
    Huh, really? Cool. I'm definitely going to have to experiment with something like that eventually.
    I just beat Shadow of the Colossus. I now have another game to add to my list of favorites.
    Doobles
    Doobles
    I got it a few months ago at a dollar store for $5. Best buy ever!
    Diretooth
    Diretooth
    Demise of the Ritual is one of my favorite themes in it, as well as 'Silence'.
    That awkward moment when you replay a game you started and realized that you made it unwinnable because you made the butterfly of doom too fast. Made even worse when you can't edit the game for not having the full version of Ace.
    *Tries out Stencyl*
    Probotector 200X
    Probotector 200X
    Well, my problem was the computer I was using, it made this loud humming sound that sounded like it was overheating and stuff when it was processing stuff, and that happened with Stencyl way too often for comfort. Also, Snippets made no sense to me, I would have better luck learning RGSS scripting than using snippets, and it didn't sound like it would be that way. I plan to try it out more after I actually finish an RPG Maker project finally.
    Diretooth
    Diretooth
    For me, I have no idea what I'm doing half the time, I have no idea how to do any of the behavior creation. The Crash Course thing only showed how to design a level with pre-set behaviors and actors... To say the least, it's confusing as heck.
    sabao
    sabao
    The learning process is slow, from what I've experienced. I started out just downloading pre-made behaviors and projects, studying how they were mad.
    So many things to try...
    Emzie
    Emzie
    Bet you can't do it all.
    Diretooth
    Diretooth
    Nothing is impossible. If you look at the world and can grasp the incomprehensible, then the world is open to you.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Come, join Move That Box! DISCORD!
Feel free to check out our "Touch the Stars" gamejam submission, "Starlight, Starbright!"
just finished playing one shot. im kinda disappointed with return the sun ending ngl. i was hoping there would be some after credits scene that would play with my emotions
So apparently the surprise Google Search page browser game saves your progress when you close the browser.

This really makes me miss the golden age of Flash gaming.
ohh man im ending oneshot now (im doing the last stepping puzzle rn) and the music is so...sad...like...ive been thinking recently about how fast moments pass and...my anxious thoughts combined with that music and nostalgia...like...im comfortably sad...and want to cry internally

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
t0mat0channn