Recent content by Diretooth

1. Diretooth

AI for making game without writing text (GPT-3)

Seems like a better generator than the in-engine default, granted it only does (very basic landmass) world maps and (cavern) dungeons, but at least they look a bit more natural than the in-engine gen and make for a much better starting point than a few rooms with hallways. (75x75 seems to be the...
  2. Diretooth

The Guard Skill... let's change it.

For me, guarding always acts as a way to get HP, MP, and TP back. It heals half the amount of a potion or most basic healing spell by default (15% HP/MP) and restores 5-10 TP flat (Depending on how TP expensive certain skills are + 100 TP Limit Breaks). Since getting attacked by default restores...
  3. Diretooth

I CREATED DOOR FROM QUICK EVNT CREATION DOOR IS WORKING FINE BUT WHEN I AM ENTERING DOOR IT IS SHOWING OVERLAYS FROM PREVIOUS MAP PLEASE HELP

Considering you are using a plugin, there should be a plugin command to remove the effect. Simply append the proper plugin command to remove the 'overlay' in any transfer event and that should take care of the issue for you.
  4. Diretooth

MBS - Sound Emittance

May as well post it so people who find this thread can have alternatives instead of being disappointed at the end.
  5. Diretooth

While I am not a mod nor an expert on this, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do this. I'd...

While I am not a mod nor an expert on this, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do this. I'd wager that as long as you specify you need to own the pack, provide a link to purchase said pack, and then provide the face set, I don't see any issues. Especially since the faceset would only be...
  6. Diretooth

Which when combined with a Mana and TP variant equals the most powerful and difficult to make...

Which when combined with a Mana and TP variant equals the most powerful and difficult to make restorative in the game. I feel this would allow the player to be more willing to use that uber restorative if they can, with a little searching, make a new one. This of course is still being fully...
  7. Diretooth

I'm experimenting with doing the same, plus having the option to craft higher tier potions with...

I'm experimenting with doing the same, plus having the option to craft higher tier potions with basic potions. So Potion (30%) + three other ingredients equals High Potion. High Potion (50%) + three different, slightly rarer ingredients make a Mega Potion (80%), + three other rare ingredients...
  8. Diretooth

Need help duno how to explain it

Give us screenshots of the skill in question (Skills tab), the states it applies (States tab), any common events attached to it (Common events tab), and any scripts that it uses/changes the battle system (Notetags in Skills; Plugin Manager, start with just the list and maybe any screenshots of...
  9. Diretooth

How should I balance stats and damage formulas when I'm aiming for a "small numbers" game?

Bear in mind this is in relation to a small numbers combat system. The idea behind using the 1-10 random number = ATK is to keep it low, but also allow for damage to go through. Admittedly, the formula is based partly on D&D, which uses a 1d20+ATK Bonus to overcome target Armor Class (I don't...
  10. Diretooth

How should I balance stats and damage formulas when I'm aiming for a "small numbers" game?

Question: Why should an actor's attack factor into an enemy's defense? Wouldn't it be better to do a.atk^2/b.def? [Admittedly, I don't know if ^ would work in damage formulas, so if it doesn't work, then (a.atk*a.atk)/b.def would be the better option written out.) Using the same variables, that...
  11. Diretooth

An attack that goes up for your level

This kind of attack would potentially be difficult to do without a plugin or other shenanigans. One possible way to do this would be to make the attack a skill type. In the Types section of the Database, you could create a skill called Flurry of Blows (or whatever you want to call it.) Create...
  12. Diretooth

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PublicDomain Handy guide for creators.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PublicDomain Handy guide for creators.
  13. Diretooth

It's called the Public Domain. Anything that is within the Public Domain can be used for fun and...

It's called the Public Domain. Anything that is within the Public Domain can be used for fun and profit as one sees fit, so long as they do not claim that property as their own. If I recall correctly. There may be a bit more nuance to it. I don't know if you can own the rights to a specific...
  14. Diretooth

Oh, neat.

Oh, neat.
  15. Diretooth

Elemental Advantage

The way I implement an elemental system in my games follows this basic formula: Fire comsumes Wind, which erodes Earth/Stone, which absorbs Water, which quenches Fire. Or Fire>Wind>Earth>Water>Fire. Sometimes, I'll have Light/Holy diametrically opposed to Dark, with both canceling the other out...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

cst.PNG
What would you assume this thing was/is?
1623528827049.png
Ah yes. Just the reference I was looking for to use for my portrait. Thanks Google.
BCj
Made a logo for Mana Star :D
330bb1fde7bb06b13e23fefd83501163.png
it's e3 season again..!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDKwhattosay