Birthday:
Aug 19, 1990 (Age: 29)
Home Page:
Sound Engineer

Share This Page

Dirge

Sound Engineer, Male, 29, from Canada

Veteran

PSA: Go try The Darwin Project. Fortnite meets Hunger Games with much more emphasis on skill and tactics than luck! Aaand it's free. Jun 9, 2018

Dirge was last seen:
Jun 24, 2018
    1. Dirge
      Dirge
      Got MV on my laptop - I can officially keep working on my game while I travel now!
      1. TheSkullWolf likes this.
      2. TheSkullWolf
        TheSkullWolf
        lol I did the same this week
        Oct 18, 2017
    2. Dirge
      Dirge
      Hurriedly getting MV and all my everything copied onto my new laptop so I can work while I travel through the next week...
      1. Shaz likes this.
      2. Shaz
        Shaz
        New laptops are fun! 3 days to get everything set up.
        Oct 18, 2017
    3. Dirge
      Dirge
      Successfully turned my protagonist's alcoholism into an interesting gameplay mechanic!
      1. IAmJakeSauvage
        IAmJakeSauvage
        If only I could turn my real life alcoholism into something interesting. :3
        Oct 17, 2017
        starlight dream likes this.
      2. Dirge
        Dirge
        I feel ya bro
        Oct 17, 2017
        IAmJakeSauvage likes this.
    4. Dirge
      Dirge
      Invariable icon design process: Try recoloring RTP icon three ways, yell "SOD THIS", do my own from scratch.
      1. starlight dream likes this.
    5. Dirge
      Dirge
      After months of asset creation, system implementation, and such, we're finally ready to start building The Garden Path!
      1. kaisielizen
        kaisielizen
        I know the feel!
        Oct 13, 2017
      2. Jonforum
        Jonforum
        it's the good way.
        i not have finish system implementation for now.
        7 month work!.
        but I can not wait to finish my engine.
        Oct 13, 2017
    6. Dirge
      Dirge
      Thanks to Waynee95 and Pivoo, I've got working bonuses vs creature types within dmg formulas. Glorious!
      1. waynee95 likes this.
    7. Dirge
      Dirge
      13 new animations, all free! (High FPS, check my resource workshop for tips on using them and my terms of use)
      1. Chaos17 and starlight dream like this.
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Wow! Thank you. These are all fantastic.
        Oct 9, 2017
        Marsigne likes this.
      3. Dirge
        Dirge
        Very welcome! There'll be plenty more to come :D
        Oct 9, 2017
    8. Dirge
      Dirge
      Why is every song by Paddy and the Rats so dayum groovy?!
    9. Dirge
      Dirge
      Need opinions on my title screen: menu options ok in white or should I change them somehow?
      1. Jonforum likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        If you want to experiment changing the white, but keep that palette, the only colors I can think of are: Dark Brown (like in your selection box)... Dark Yellowish Brown... Dark gray... A low saturated indigo.
        Not sure though :p
        I like the pale fonts when the selection box is on them. And the current brown of the selection box is super nice...
        Oct 10, 2017
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Dirge
        Dirge
        I actually like the brown of the selection box so much I'm redesigning my window skins around it. My battler artist (who is amazing) made that selection box just to illustrate something and I was like "SEND ME THAT RIGHT NOW"
        Oct 10, 2017
      5. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Good call it looks fantastic and professional.
        Looking at the title page again, I think the white letters are being overpowered by the image. So the white words are the last noticeable part on the screen.

If you keep them white, try a font or size that has thicker letters. Or maybe a brighter white can stand out better.
        Oct 10, 2017
        Marsigne likes this.
    10. Dirge
      Dirge
      How have I never heard of The Dreadnoughts until now? O.O; SO GOOD
    11. Dirge
      Dirge
      Love handing a guitar to the shop and saying "Upgrade EVERYTHING on this". My luthier always does such good work, can't wait to get it back!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Dirge
        Dirge
        15 years :p I'm a professional musician, I know a LOT of songs. Haha
        Oct 3, 2017
        Ponirella likes this.
      3. Ponirella
        Ponirella
        Awesome! :) I've been playing guitar for about two years now. I know Always On My Mind by Elvis and Learning To Fly by Tom Petty, but that's pretty much it ;)
        Oct 3, 2017
      4. Dirge
        Dirge
        Tom Petty is great stuff to learn on!
        Oct 3, 2017
    12. Dirge
      Dirge
      Finally opened up a resource workshop! Icons, sound effects and animations - some free stuff already posted, too!
      1. starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
    13. Dirge
      Dirge
      Nice bright aggressive new bronze guitar strings and a new sustain pedal for my keyboard - time to get soundtracking!
      1. The Stranger and starlight dream like this.
    14. Dirge
      Dirge
      Getting into making animations! Will post a free resource pack with my first batch of them!
    15. Dirge
      Dirge
      Cheer Up, Love (Worse Things Happen At Sea) - best song <3
      1. The Stranger likes this.
    16. Dirge
      Dirge
      Savage car accident on Friday with gf and mum-in-law. All walked away pretty much unscathed but man, the Toyota that hit us disintegrated..
      1. starlight dream likes this.
      3. Dirge
        Dirge
        Other driver was unscathed, my gf has a sore neck and her mum has a black eye. I was right next to the impact and didn't even get a bruise! This lady t-boned us without braking, obviously wasn't watching the road at all. We were driving an Altima, hers was a Corolla. The Altima took some damage to the wheel well and headlight and stuff, but the Corolla just folded like a bad poker hand
        Sep 25, 2017
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Wow, that is scary and amazing. You must've had a lucky angel with you. I am so glad you are fine. (I think I should get an Altima...) *Mental hugs* to you & your loved ones.
        Sep 25, 2017
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. Dirge
        Dirge
        Thank you Starlight! Yeah, we have all sworn off Toyota forever. Altimas are great cars all around. I personally drive a Chevy Volt, which I love dearly but I'm sure it would not do well in a heavy crash like that!
        Sep 26, 2017
    17. Dirge
      Dirge
      Six hours of moving furniture? Check. Still to do today: Four voiceovers, video editing, IT sysadmin, book a bus ticket, and pack.
    18. KayZaman
      KayZaman
      Show me your riff!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. KayZaman
        KayZaman
        I saw your avatar with guitar.
        Sep 17, 2017
      3. Dirge
        Dirge
        Sep 17, 2017
        KayZaman likes this.
      4. KayZaman
        KayZaman
        Ahhhhh!!! Eargasm!
        Sep 17, 2017
    19. Dirge
      Dirge
      My amazing battler artist did it again! Brought a boss to life from a crappy bust and a vague description.
      1. Dirge
        Dirge
        Ladies and gents, meet Solomon Clarke, undefeated duelist and leader of the rebellion! Pro tip: Save before you fight him, for multiple reasons - he's HARD, for one, and for another, both his sword and pistol can drop from him - the pistol is Epic and the sword is Legendary.
        Sep 13, 2017
    20. Dirge
      Dirge
      First boss is completely animated...except his collapse animation. I'm absolutely stuck for how he should fall over and die!
      1. Daena Grey likes this.
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        @Dirge I like the knee... knee... faceplant. It has a grim feel to it, and it shows the enemy is fighting to stay alive, not giving up easily.
        You can do one where he falls to the ground, lifts an arm as if about to get up or cast a spell and collapses again. Or goes down 1 knee, 2nd knee, 1st knee back up.. and collapses.
        You got me, no you didn't, yes you did.
        Sep 10, 2017
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Now I'm getting all sorts of collapse ideas, must grab a notepad. ^.^b
        Sep 10, 2017
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. Dirge
        Dirge
        @Nutty171 There actually is an enemy where that would work - they're kind of like possessed demon children. Gives that whole new flavour.

@starlight dream I really like that idea. I've got the perfect enemy for a "struggling to get back up" one, actually... yeah, some of my best ideas have been from random threads I've read on here!
        Sep 11, 2017
  • About

Birthday:
    Aug 19, 1990 (Age: 29)
    Home Page:
    http://www.intermissionstudios.ca/
    Sound Engineer
    First Language:
    English, German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Music, technology, music, art, video games, music....

Interact

Signature

I'm back! With MV! And re-launching the Isabella project from way back when!