Birthday:
Aug 19, 1990 (Age: 29)
Home Page:
Sound Engineer

Share This Page

Dirge

Sound Engineer, Male, 29, from Canada

Veteran

PSA: Go try The Darwin Project. Fortnite meets Hunger Games with much more emphasis on skill and tactics than luck! Aaand it's free. Jun 9, 2018

Dirge was last seen:
Jun 24, 2018
    1. Dirge
      Dirge
      THIS IS MY NEW GAME DESIGN PHILOSOPHY.
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Your new design philosophy is annoying people with Cat Mario and the Cheetahmen theme? :p
        Sep 9, 2017
      3. Dirge
        Dirge
        I meant more "Level design where literally everything will kill you to the point of ridiculousness"! There were about ten different points in that video where I just lost it and had to pause cause I was laughing so hard
        Sep 9, 2017
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Make sure to have a part which traps you and escape is impossible. xD
        Sep 9, 2017
    2. Dirge
      Dirge
      My battler artist just delivered on yet another amazing enemy for me to animate. Good art makes Dragonbones so much fun!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Golden Unicorn Gaming
        Golden Unicorn Gaming
        Yes, both show us a teaser and tell us who!
        Sep 9, 2017
      3. Dirge
        Dirge
        Pretty much all our progress is back-end stuff. We haven't actually even started mapping or anything yet! It's all codes, notetags, plugins and art assets. But I'm about to post some images of enemies on hallofnerd.tumblr.com. Dragonbones is giving me an error when I export as a gif -.-
        Sep 9, 2017
        Plueschkatze likes this.
      4. Dirge
        Dirge
        As for who, it's not anyone on these boards. I found this guy on Facebook in an artists' group I'm in.
        Sep 9, 2017
        Golden Unicorn Gaming likes this.
    3. Dirge
      Dirge
      Started listening to celtic punk this morning. I've gotten NOTHING done all day...
      1. Matseb2611 likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Dirge
        Dirge
        Have a listen to "Archipelago" by Smokey B***ard you'll get what I mean :D (had to censor it cause the forum changes it otherwise lol)
        Aug 31, 2017
      4. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Reminds me of folk/pagan metal, like Ensiferum.
        Aug 31, 2017
      5. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Oh and Alestorm too.
        Aug 31, 2017
    4. Dirge
      Dirge
      Animating a panther in dragonbones. I keep poking my cat to make her tail move around so I can study the movements. ;o.o
      1. Zeriab and waynee95 like this.
    5. Dirge
      Dirge
      Dragonbones rocks. But I've got a motion bug and my zombies won't stop flailing at the air forever after attacking. Hmmmmm......
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        I dunno how to help, but I have to say, it's neat to see DragonBones making such waves around here!
        Aug 26, 2017
        Tea's Jams likes this.
      2. Dirge
        Dirge
        It's a really awesome piece of software and having it integrated successfully into MV is absolutely amazing. Having 60fps battlers is SO cool.
        Aug 26, 2017
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Yes, they look so good! There were ones I got that I wanted to use, but I couldn't find a way to... and then this DragonBones thing surfaced and I was so excited! :3
        Aug 26, 2017
    6. Dirge
      Dirge
      Thanks to waynee95, I now have a system which allows dual wielding actors to also equip 2h weapons and for them to function properly!
    7. Dirge
      Dirge
      I know just enough JS to be frustrated that I don't know enough to tweak this script to do what I want...gah...
    8. Dirge
      Dirge
      Using hiddenone's awesome map tile of Banquo's amazing banner, I have created a banner for your sprites to carry into battle against the forces of Evil! http://i.imgur.com/tdGXG7a.png is what it looks like, you can grab it in Castle of Benevolence!
    9. Dirge
      Dirge
      Calling Team Good! I've made weapons to serve in the grand battle against Evil, but I need your help! Tell me what your favoured weapons are! Let me arm you!
      1. Diretooth
        Diretooth
        Scythes.
        Oct 17, 2015
    10. Dirge
      Dirge
      I have decided to go against my type and join Team Good. I shall provide you with weapons of power to defeat your foes!
    11. Dirge
      Dirge
      I plan on creating an arsenal for one of the teams...but do I dedicate my weaponcraft to Good, or lend my devastating arms to Evil? Choices...
      1. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        Look deep within your heart. No matter your decision, you may come to regret it if it is a harsh one.
        Oct 17, 2015
      2. EternalShadow
        Oct 17, 2015
      3. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Evil because, evil is the spice of life and if you want to really live you got to be evil.
        Oct 17, 2015
    12. Dirge
      Dirge
    13. Dirge
      Dirge
    14. Dirge
      Dirge
      That feeling when you're in an interview and the company's CTO and Marketing Director are arguing over who gets more of your time... *grin*
      1. Kes
        Kes
        Oooh, sounds promising.
        Oct 13, 2015
      2. Dirge
        Dirge
        Yeah, I start in a month. The question is only how much of my time will be spent with technical writing and how much will be spent doing wacky stuff with the marketing department. I'm very excited, this company is firmly upwardly mobile and I'm very happy to be able to be involved.
        Oct 13, 2015
    15. Dirge
      Dirge
      1. Nirwanda
        Nirwanda
        Congratulations!
        Oct 12, 2015
    16. Dirge
      Dirge
      So my band's playing on Halloween. Our keyboard player has recently grown a nice big beard along his jawline, so I'm trying to convince him to dress up in full Amish regalia for the gig. 'Cause something about an Amish dude playing a synthesizer makes me giggle.
      1. mlogan
        mlogan
        That would be awesome.
        Oct 11, 2015
    17. Dirge
      Dirge
      I love Thomann so much. I get my orders less than 24 hours after ordering, it's SO glorious...
      1. Kaimen
        Kaimen
        Why would anyone within the shipping range of Thomann buy their music equipment elsewhere? It's that amazing. :D
        Oct 10, 2015
      2. Dirge
        Dirge
        Seriously, I've been a faithful customer for so many years, and their customer service is AWESOME too. They're really the best.
        Oct 10, 2015
      3. Kaimen
        Kaimen
        Oh, but have you ever BEEN there? From where I grew up it was a 30 minute drive there. Been there a couple of times. Simply amazing. :D
        Oct 10, 2015
    18. Dirge
      Dirge
      Woo! Contract signed, a huge pile of new studio equipment on the way!!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Dirge
        Dirge
        Nah, it's all stuff I could afford even without this contract. I just like to be safe before I order a bunch of hardware :p
        Oct 9, 2015
      3. Kes
        Kes
        congrats, and happy playtime with your new gear.
        Oct 9, 2015
      4. Dirge
        Dirge
        Thanks! New interface, 8 new microphones, and a bunch of peripherals. *cackles*
        Oct 9, 2015
    19. Dirge
      Dirge
      Presenting a client with a contract in a few hours. And once that's signed, I'll be able to feel justified in pressing the order button on the cart full of studio gear I've put together.... hehehe
    20. Dirge
      Dirge
      A producer sent me a mix today. Awesome song. He totally forgot to put in a bassline. Doesn't work that well in drum'n'bass...
      1. Scythuz
        Scythuz
        So it's just drum then?
        Oct 3, 2015
      2. Dirge
        Dirge
        I added the bass. Lmao
        Oct 3, 2015
  • About

Birthday:
    Aug 19, 1990 (Age: 29)
    Home Page:
    http://www.intermissionstudios.ca/
    Sound Engineer
    First Language:
    English, German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Music, technology, music, art, video games, music....

Interact

Signature

I'm back! With MV! And re-launching the Isabella project from way back when!