Aug 20, 2018 at 12:34 AM

Awarded Medals 2

Birthday:
Mar 26, 1984 (Age: 34)
Home Page:
Being a potato

Share This Page

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru, Male, 34, from Currently unsure...

Veteran

Man, coding in GML is so much easier than Ruby/JS. Still, I long for the ease of RM...sigh Aug 17, 2018 at 2:35 PM

djDarkX was last seen:
Aug 20, 2018 at 12:34 AM
    1. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Man, coding in GML is so much easier than Ruby/JS. Still, I long for the ease of RM...sigh
      1. Arcmagik likes this.
    2. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      I've crossed over into the dark side...I'm using, DUN DUN DUUUNNN, Game Maker Studio 2! *lightning crashing*
      1. Amysaurus
        Amysaurus
        GASP!
        Aug 12, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        My henchmen will be over shortly to err...talk to you.
        Aug 12, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
    3. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Messing around with SNES music a lot lately. I'm hoping to start finally composing my own music soon and in this format. :D
      1. SpaceBot, Tea's Jams, Kes and 2 others like this.
    4. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      I've been having way too much fun working on SNES music. Love it!
      1. Marsigne likes this.
    5. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      1. starlight dream, Kes and Frogboy like this.
    6. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      For those that don't know, I finally moved into a new home. That means I can get back to the XP remasters I was working on. @_@
      1. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        That's great :)
        Jul 10, 2018
        The Stranger and djDarkX like this.
      2. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        Noice! Still working on my MV-remaster of my Fes game myself, and the large monitor my new computer has really helps in spotting the smaller errors I might have missed.
        Jul 10, 2018
        The Stranger and starlight dream like this.
      3. Kes
        Kes
        Very pleased to hear that you've finally got a new home after the difficulties earlier. I hope you will be happy in it.
        Jul 10, 2018
        djDarkX and starlight dream like this.
    7. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      You know, ever since I got Shreddage 2X (a couple days ago), I have been practicing with virtual amps. I've gotten better at using them~
      1. starlight dream and Kes like this.
    8. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Cave Story: Last Battle Remastered!
      1. Marsigne and Kes like this.
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Also, no. Sorry, but this music can't be used in any project ever. Enjoy the music everyone!
        Jun 21, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      3. Kes
        Kes
        You've done a good job with it.
        Jun 21, 2018
        Marsigne and djDarkX like this.
      4. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Thanks Kes. Appreciate the comment! :)
        Jun 21, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    9. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Remastered, and kind of remixed, Last Battle from the original PC version of Cave Story. Oh lord, my ears...just epic...surprised, really.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Context on my last little blurb. It came out better than my initial attempt and far exceeded my expectations. So yeah, surprised by how good it actually is.
        Jun 20, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    10. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Okay then, RPG Maker Fes stream about to happen!
      1. starlight dream and Drenz like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        "....anyone with a Youtube account can chat!"
        *clicks to YT*
        "Chat is disabled for this live stream."

Well, then...
        Jun 18, 2018
        Drenz likes this.
      4. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        I took down the stream to figure out what's going on, so the chat is unavailable. lol
        Jun 18, 2018
      5. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Stream back up! Sorry about that!
        Jun 18, 2018
    11. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      I want to do my Fes stream now...but I'm not ready. Maybe in a couple hours or so.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
    12. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Might do a stream of RPG Maker Fes later and how to create a game in it. Limited, but fun, I think.
      1. Guiguimu and starlight dream like this.
      2. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        That is one Maker I didn't knew about.
        Jun 16, 2018
    13. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Will be doing a stream of Miitopia for the 2DS on my New 2DS. Come join me!
    14. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      A taste of the GBA conversion of the DS music. This music will not be released, sorry.
      1. Marsigne, TheoAllen and BloodletterQ like this.
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Custom instruments were created to not infringe on the copyright placed on the original samples. The music was made using 100% custom samples and emulated GB square channels that emulated the Gameboy's original sound chip. Once I have the hardware, I can use authentic Gameboy square waves piped through an original Gameboy (grey box) and fed back into the music.
        Jun 12, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    15. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Ow...my wallet, but the Fes pack...just couldn't wait.
      1. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Man, the music loop points are non-existent. Or, rather, they don't work. I will have to reference the ones from the 3DS version and figure out the proper loop points for the pack. Lordy. Well, at least it gives me something to do while I wait to hear about the apartment we applied for!
        Jun 11, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
      2. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        Love the fes pack. Bought it purely for the portraits and battlers but the whole thing turned out pretty nice.
        Jun 11, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
    16. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Harharhar...the issue I was having with GBA audio is no longer an issue. Found a way to emulate it very well and use the GB sound chip.
      1. starlight dream and Marsigne like this.
    17. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Oh how I wish there was a special going on for the RPG Maker Fes resource pack...
      1. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        Believe me, the battlers are worth any wait at the very least. They were a huge selling point to me. :x
        Jun 9, 2018
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        For me, more than anything, it's the ME's, or, jingles. They are the ME's from the original DS game and I want them so I can remaster them. Second to that, the tiles.
        Jun 9, 2018
    18. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Watching a Linus Tech Tips video and the sponsor was Humble Bundle. What do I see as the first title there? RPG Maker MV. :guffaw:
      1. Marsigne and Sauteed_Onion like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Dalph
        Dalph
        I can't stand how he suddenly becomes an advertisement bot to sponsor random products, other than that his videos are very informative.
        May 27, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion and djDarkX like this.
      4. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Well, it's one way to keep his channel alive and his projects going, so, yeah. I can understand it even if I find it annoying.
        May 27, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion and Dalph like this.
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        There are worse than that. I've seen a channel where it was 30% actual content and the rest sponsored stuff, he introduced like four sponsors per video. And not that his videos have been of high quality... For some reason though, people still kept admiring his work in the comment section.
        May 27, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion likes this.
    19. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Working on an early SNES-era tileset. I'd show it, but, it's a mess right now. Perhaps later.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        @Sharm Agreed. It will be good to learn from and, well, that's why I'm going to use them to practice until I get better at it.

@Dalph Haha, thank you good sir.
        May 22, 2018
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Love that era and you're off to a great start. It makes me wonder *what is this snes game I haven't played yet* ;)
        May 22, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion and djDarkX like this.
      4. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Thanks. I will work more on it tomorrow and expand the tiles so I can get some more practice.
        May 22, 2018
    20. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Trying to rework the Ace DS tiles into 24x24 tiles again is annoying, but until I can afford the Fes tiles, gotta do it. Fun stuff. :guffaw:
      1. Dalph and fimamati like this.
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Yeah, it would be awesome to get a release of ones that are just scaled like the FES ones. I would do a happy dance.
        May 20, 2018
        FleshToDust and djDarkX like this.
      3. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        The funny part is that some were heavily edited while others were left alone from the original DS sizes. Still, in order to make a compliant version that isn't composed of rips, gotta go the extra mile and attempt to rework them into the original sizes, even if they look a bit different.
        May 20, 2018
      4. Dalph
        Dalph
        FES is great, easily one of my favourite resource packs alongside FSM.
        May 20, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Mar 26, 1984 (Age: 34)
    Home Page:
    http://darkxlabs.com
    Being a potato
    First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Remastering music, mapping, tile editing and creation, munching on great foods, gaming (to an extent) and other things
    Welcome!

My name is djDarkX, but you can just call me Dark, or dj or even just hey you!

My main focus is on music reproduction, or re-arrangements of other people's music, most notably in the field of JRPG console music from the days of the NES, SNES, Genesis, N64 and some from the Playstation. I don't limit myself to JUST JRPG music as I've done renditions from shmup titles like U.N. Squadron, racing games like Mario Kart Advance, obscure platformers like Ardy Lightfoot and more. I'm not much of an original composer yet, but I'm working on it! I also deal in graphics and used to do minor script edits. Maybe one day when I learn Javascript more, I can make my own scripts that cater to retro game development.

If you visit my site, you'll see what my list of re-arranged and remastered music is, but it doesn't contain EVERYTHING I've done as some of it I can't share, and some I just won't for various reasons.

Commission Status: Unavailable (probably will never happen until I get better at original compositions, but that may change someday)

ReStaff: October 2013

If you want to ask me a question, please PM me. I no longer use Skype, but rather other platforms for communication. They are linked and referenced on my personal website in the About section. If you want to be friendly, talk music or just get to know me better without any ulterior motives, contact me on one of those platforms I currently use with a note about who you are on the forums. You can also email me at jesse@darkxlabs.com for music-related matters! Thanks for stopping by!

Interact

Signature

Creations:
    Yanfly Text Positioning Tool | RPG Maker MV for Linux (for newbies) | Tiled Tutorial (RPG Maker MV Edition)

Currently Owned Products:
    RPG Maker XP • RPG Maker VX • RPG Maker VX Ace (Standalone & Steam) • RPG Maker MV (Standalone & Steam)• IG Maker • RPG Maker Season Pass
    Futuristic Tiles • Modern Day Tiles (Steam) • Old School Modern Tiles 1/2 • RPG Maker DS/DS+ Resource Pack • POP! Horror City
    Luna Engine • RPG Maker DS+ Retro Sci-Fi • Rural Farms • Pixel Myth: Germania • Retro Halloween • Time Fantasy • FSM: Town of Beginnings • Animations Collection I: Quintessence • Animations Collection II: Quantum

[​IMG]