May 25, 2018 at 8:43 AM

Awarded Medals 2

Birthday:
Mar 26, 1984 (Age: 34)
Home Page:
Being a potato

Share This Page

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru, Male, 34, from Currently unsure...

Veteran

Working on an early SNES-era tileset. I'd show it, but, it's a mess right now. Perhaps later. May 22, 2018 at 7:37 AM

djDarkX was last seen:
May 25, 2018 at 8:43 AM
    1. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Working on an early SNES-era tileset. I'd show it, but, it's a mess right now. Perhaps later.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        @Sharm Agreed. It will be good to learn from and, well, that's why I'm going to use them to practice until I get better at it.

@Dalph Haha, thank you good sir.
        May 22, 2018 at 11:30 AM
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Love that era and you're off to a great start. It makes me wonder *what is this snes game I haven't played yet* ;)
        May 22, 2018 at 12:25 PM
        Sauteed_Onion and djDarkX like this.
      4. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Thanks. I will work more on it tomorrow and expand the tiles so I can get some more practice.
        May 22, 2018 at 2:29 PM
    2. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Trying to rework the Ace DS tiles into 24x24 tiles again is annoying, but until I can afford the Fes tiles, gotta do it. Fun stuff. :guffaw:
      1. Dalph and fimamati like this.
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Yeah, it would be awesome to get a release of ones that are just scaled like the FES ones. I would do a happy dance.
        May 20, 2018 at 5:48 AM
        FleshToDust and djDarkX like this.
      3. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        The funny part is that some were heavily edited while others were left alone from the original DS sizes. Still, in order to make a compliant version that isn't composed of rips, gotta go the extra mile and attempt to rework them into the original sizes, even if they look a bit different.
        May 20, 2018 at 5:51 AM
      4. Dalph
        Dalph
        FES is great, easily one of my favourite resource packs alongside FSM.
        May 20, 2018 at 10:14 AM
        djDarkX likes this.
    3. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Looking at the Japanese store page makes me sad because they have stuff we don't...
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Maybe. I want that animation pack since I knew about it a LONG time ago since I spoke to the creator himself about something in one of the packs and if there would be another pack coming out.
        May 19, 2018 at 2:41 PM
        starlight dream likes this.
      3. Dalph
        Dalph
        Japan always gets the best things.
        May 19, 2018 at 3:11 PM
        starlight dream and djDarkX like this.
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Group hug?:(
        May 20, 2018 at 1:08 AM
        djDarkX likes this.
    4. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      "Gamplay" video of RPG Maker Fes on the 3DS. Shot on my phone. :guffaw:
      1. starlight dream likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Great video. I LOVED the music throughout and the dialogues were engaging. Thnx for sharing.
        May 15, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
      4. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Yeah, I had to limit the dialogue to fit in the space required by Fes, but it was fun. I intend to finish it and release it to the public so that anyone that has the Fes Player, or the software itself, can try it out.
        May 15, 2018
      5. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        That's great, it looks like a fun game! :)
        May 15, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
    5. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      You know, making a game in Fes takes a heck of a lot more time, but less time at the same time...er, because no custom resources or plugins.
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Honestly, I like the limitations since it forces you to actually make a game rather than dress it up, but then again, as I said, that also makes it more difficult to do certain things. Still, though, it's an interesting adventure so far.
        May 14, 2018
        starlight dream, Dalph and Poryg like this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Ikr, I've had lots of fun with rpg maker 2003, the menu system, battle system, hud systems, message system,... But it was ton of work. Programming really simplifies it for me.
        May 14, 2018
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        For example if I wanted to show gold in my custom menu, I needed number sprites or pictures and then boom. 36 event pages dedicated to just number graphics. And with MV... 2 lines of code. let gold = new PIXI.Text($gamePlayer._gold, style); SceneManager._scene.addChild(gold);
        May 14, 2018
    6. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      To whomever owns the Fes Resource Pack, are the ME's included? If so, I know what my next pack is...
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        I've always wanted the ME's from DS to be released in some way, shape or form so that I can remaster them. Fes has now allowed that, so that makes me happy...now if only they'd release the DS+ exclusive music...
        May 14, 2018
      3. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        I love the battlers. Especially the Goblins. This pack gives me much joy.
        May 14, 2018
      4. taarna23
        taarna23
        Ah! I didn't realize! Well, happy to help, anyway. :)
        May 14, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
    7. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      So, um, got FES yesterday and I've been playing with it on my 3DS. I really like it so far. Limited, but I like it a lot.
      1. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        I actually got lucky and had recieved my LE (Limited Edition) preorder copy of FES the day before scheduled release due to a mailing error on NIS's part, so I got about a 12-hour head start when it came to learning FES's controls and such.
        May 13, 2018
    8. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Finally, I got it to fit...now to finish working on it...
    9. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Trying to rework the battle status window to fit a 272 pixel area is a pain in the buttocks.
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Oop. Wrong info. The resolution is correct, but it's actually just MV's default divided by 3 for 16x16 tiles.
        May 1, 2018
        shadefoundry likes this.
      3. shadefoundry
        shadefoundry
        Very Nice! I'm working with the GBA's resolution scaled up to accomodate 32x32 tiles currently and it's just as hard to get everything to fit in the way it's supposed to.
        May 1, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
      4. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        The funny part is that the window size is still MV's native size (816x624), but the screen is stretched to fill it in and still have everything be native pizel size (16x16 graphics). It's killer, but hard work to do. Still worth it, though.
        May 1, 2018
        shadefoundry likes this.
    10. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Trying to edit the menus through the raw JS in the core scripts, and plugins if used, is a task, but well worth it.
      1. BloodletterQ and KayZaman like this.
      2. KayZaman
        KayZaman
        Good job.
        Apr 19, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
      3. BloodletterQ
        BloodletterQ
        It's very satisfying and helps remove the samey-ness.
        Apr 19, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
    11. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      House situation that I mentioned before is finally clearing up. Few more days and we should be good to go. Can't wait!
      1. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        That's good news :) :kaojoy: ::
        Apr 18, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
      2. Golden Unicorn Gaming
        Apr 18, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
      3. Kes
        Kes
        Very pleased to hear that.
        Apr 18, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
    12. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      That moment when you succeed is glorious. SO glad the source of the engine is open to us. Makes things easier.
    13. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      UGH! I can't make authentic GBA music because the free tools only do GB and the commercial ones are long gone. I might have to simulate...
      1. starlight dream likes this.
      2. Alexander Hawksmoor
        Apr 16, 2018
      3. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Yeah, I'll have to. The GBA was...special. It did MIDI like the SNES did, but added the GB's other 4 classic channels of audio and pumped it through the CPU in 8bit. This is gonna be "fun". :guffaw:
        Apr 16, 2018
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Have "fun" :p
        Apr 16, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
    14. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      So glad I can, usually, find solutions to my problems on here. Found a little JS I needed for the battle scenes. A little tweaking and done!
      1. starlight dream and Guiguimu like this.
      2. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        Yeah people are often really helpful and tend to help as much as they can ^^ I have found the solution to so many problems here!
        Apr 13, 2018
        djDarkX and starlight dream like this.
    15. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      I really do love the TF stuff. Check description for what was used. Also, battleback is placeholder.
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        Those really are super-cute!
        Apr 10, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
      2. GuanyuMaker
        GuanyuMaker
        Thats so cool! you went the wholly way down to nostalgia =) . I'm trying to use only the characters with rtp. I kind miss some objects on TF tileset.
        Apr 10, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
    16. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      It's kinda funny. My friend @Guiguimu helped someone quite sometime back with an Ace question and that helped me today. It's great!
      1. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Everything that Guiguimu does is great! ;p
        Apr 10, 2018
        Guiguimu and djDarkX like this.
      2. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        Knowing I helped a friend made my day! Thank you so much for sharing, I'm glad I could help! ^^
        @starlight dream thank you but far from it hehe ^^
        Apr 10, 2018
    17. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Since I can't use the ME's from RPG Maker DS legally, I decided to DS-ify the Ace victory theme for my project. Mmm, delicious.
      1. Thomas Smith and starlight dream like this.
    18. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Thanks to allergies, I can't get a full nights sleep. Hooray...
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        My doc has had me do a small dose (about 12 mg or so) of Benedryl at night to stop my itching. I've slept really well ever since.
        Apr 7, 2018
        Guiguimu and djDarkX like this.
      3. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Just seasonal allergies. I guess it got worse since we're in a different environment from the usual home we knew. Still, allergies are kicking my butt hard right now. The sooner this whole thing is over with, the better.
        Apr 7, 2018
        Guiguimu likes this.
      4. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        There is medication specifically made for seasonal allergies like Telfast and Flonase. Flonase, to me, is the best one in S.O.S. Again, these can be bought without prescription... But consulting a doctor is always a good idea.
        Apr 7, 2018
    19. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      I really love the TF stuff. Now that the sideview battlers are out, working on a title I actually want to release. Woo!
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        There's what now? ...I'm just gunna go mourn being broke. But you have fun! :D
        Apr 7, 2018
        djDarkX and starlight dream like this.
    20. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Allergies aren't as bad today, but now it's snowing, so...yeah. Can't catch a break. Colorado weather...what can you do? :guffaw:
      1. starlight dream and Guiguimu like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Well I'm trying to send you the storm I'm supposed to get on Sunday. Wait and see if I'm successful.
        Apr 7, 2018
        djDarkX, starlight dream and Guiguimu like this.
      4. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        What can one do with a storm? xD
        Apr 7, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
      5. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        The snowstorm, that is. Shoulda clarified.
        Apr 7, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Mar 26, 1984 (Age: 34)
    Home Page:
    http://darkxlabs.com
    Being a potato
    First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Remastering music, mapping, tile editing and creation, munching on great foods, gaming (to an extent) and other things
    Welcome!

My name is djDarkX, but you can just call me Dark, or dj or even just hey you!

My main focus is on music reproduction, or re-arrangements of other people's music, most notably in the field of JRPG console music from the days of the NES, SNES, Genesis, N64 and some from the Playstation. I don't limit myself to JUST JRPG music as I've done renditions from shmup titles like U.N. Squadron, racing games like Mario Kart Advance, obscure platformers like Ardy Lightfoot and more. I'm not much of an original composer yet, but I'm working on it! I also deal in graphics and used to do minor script edits. Maybe one day when I learn Javascript more, I can make my own scripts that cater to retro game development.

If you visit my site, you'll see what my list of re-arranged and remastered music is, but it doesn't contain EVERYTHING I've done as some of it I can't share, and some I just won't for various reasons.

Commission Status: Unavailable (probably will never happen until I get better at original compositions, but that may change someday)

ReStaff: October 2013

If you want to ask me a question, please PM me. I no longer use Skype, but rather other platforms for communication. They are linked and referenced on my personal website in the About section. If you want to be friendly, talk music or just get to know me better without any ulterior motives, contact me on one of those platforms I currently use with a note about who you are on the forums. You can also email me at jesse@darkxlabs.com for music-related matters! Thanks for stopping by!

Interact

Signature

Creations:
    Yanfly Text Positioning Tool | RPG Maker MV for Linux (for newbies) | Tiled Tutorial (RPG Maker MV Edition)

Currently Owned Products:
    RPG Maker XP • RPG Maker VX • RPG Maker VX Ace (Standalone & Steam) • RPG Maker MV (Standalone & Steam)• IG Maker • RPG Maker Season Pass
    Futuristic Tiles • Modern Day Tiles (Steam) • Old School Modern Tiles 1/2 • RPG Maker DS/DS+ Resource Pack • POP! Horror City
    Luna Engine • RPG Maker DS+ Retro Sci-Fi • Rural Farms • Pixel Myth: Germania • Retro Halloween • Time Fantasy • FSM: Town of Beginnings • Animations Collection I: Quintessence • Animations Collection II: Quantum

[​IMG]