Aug 19, 2019 at 9:53 AM

Awarded Medals 2

Birthday:
Mar 26, 1984 (Age: 35)
Home Page:
Being a potato

Share This Page

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru, Male, 35, from Currently unsure...

Veteran

Found this a few weeks ago for cheap. Works perfectly. Jul 31, 2019

djDarkX was last seen:
Aug 19, 2019 at 9:53 AM
    1. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Wow, the RMW Store buying options sure have become a lot more complicated since I last used them.  First the CC wouldn't work and then I had to jump through hops with PayPal.  Haven't been this frustrated in a long time. @_@
      1. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        At the very least, I got the product...lol
        Dec 8, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Haven't bought something in awhile on the store myself. If you feel there's an issue maybe drop a comment in site feedback.
        Dec 8, 2016
    2. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Really wish they had remastered the ME's for RMDS because I would LOVE to remaster my own versions of them for my own projects.  A man can dream, though T~T
    3. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Original Judge Dredd is on Netflix.  Time to watch it for some laughs and fun. C:
      1. tearsofthenight
        tearsofthenight
        LAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
        Nov 24, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    4. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      TFW you can't play the MMO you are active on because it's DNS server is being DDoS for the past 3 days
    5. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      *sets depression mode for the next 4 years* Ugh
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
           Kinda feel this morning like I did when playing the witcher 3 and deciding to save the children from the crones. I know the decision was the best available to me, and I'd probably make it again most replays but I still feel really bad about making the choice and killing the kindly, crazy old grandmother. All I can think in the end is "why weren't there any better choices available here?"
        Nov 10, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    6. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Well now.  Glad I decided to learn Javascript.  Oh, not for plugins, but rather a tool to help me with Yanfly's Message Core.  Mwahahaa!
      1. 1 person likes this.
    7. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Apparently there was an update for MV, but I see nothing about it.  ...what?
      1. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Sep 28, 2016
    8. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      SGDQ is coming to an end after the Super Mario RPG run, but it's got over $1Mil for Doctors Without Borders.  Great event!  Can't wait for the GDQ's in 2017!
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Hrrrnnngggg... So tired. Must stay awake...
        Jul 10, 2016
      4. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        We're in the home stretch!
        Jul 10, 2016
      5. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        Aww, man. I passed out after the Bundt Cake. Looks like I missed the fun. XD
        Jul 10, 2016
    9. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Up early in the morning for the ActRaiser speed run on SGDQ.  Can't wait!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        LOL Well, good luck to your brother.  Maybe some day soon we'll see him up there running Fusion, one of my favorite Metroid games. :D
        Jul 4, 2016
      3. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        I love TASbot. Getting Twitch Chat on Pokemon Red is still my everything.
        Jul 4, 2016
        2 people like this.
      4. taarna23
        taarna23
        Maybe! He's already picked up on a few tricks like double missiles and been fairly warned not to try the bosses in the wrong order. XD
        Jul 4, 2016
    10. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      SGDQ Live stream is up!  START WATCHING! 8D
      1. 2 people like this.
    11. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Finished my first composed track (that I'm really proud of) last night and it's in the SNES format.  I feel great today!
      1. 2 people like this.
      3. Amysaurus
        Amysaurus
        Haha, it sure has! I haven't been fantastic at staying active here, lol. :D  
        Jul 3, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        You and me both.  I've been in Lurk Mode for the past year or so lol
        Jul 3, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        High-five, dude. I'm still fighting myself to get much of anything done this week. XD
        Jul 3, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    12. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      The one really bad thing about working on SNES music is that my taskbar and desktop become cluttered. lol :stare:
      1. 1 person likes this.
      3. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Well, I can't show off what I've already made since it's a re-arrangement of copyrighted NES music done for SNES, but when I start making some other pieces, I most certainly will!  I tried to get people excited about it about 3 years ago on here, but no one really cared.  I don't blame them much since people usually want modern, not retro.  Maybe this time around, people will be more open to it. :)
        Jul 2, 2016
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        I remember that.  You were trying to get people talking about authentic sounds for SNES and get some composers to do stuff with you.  I was interested but had nothing to contribute, since I'm no composer.
        Jul 2, 2016
        2 people like this.
      5. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        It's okay.  Even if no one else wants to or can contribute for one reason or another, it's good to know that there are people out there that are excited about it because then I feel even more motivated to work more with it.
        Jul 2, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    13. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Ahhh...it's good to be working on SNES music again.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Susan
        Susan
        http://i.imgur.com/iMZ8YsF.gif
        Jul 2, 2016
        2 people like this.
    14. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Usually I'd be playing my favorite MMO right now, but MV is calling and so is some of the music by Wingless Seraph.  Good music to work to. :p
    15. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      You know what I wish we had?  A calculator that could make stat curves with setting a max level instead of just having a 1-99 curve generator.
      1. Susan
        Susan
        http://www.ipick4u.com/images/collectibles/other/abacus-hong-kong2.jpg

^ Use this~
        Apr 16, 2016
        4 people like this.
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        LOL Not quite what I had in mind :p
        Apr 16, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    16. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Still waiting for the day I can have centered text in my projects
    17. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      I'm now being stalked by the illustrious Makio!  What an honor! O:
      1. Dalph
        Dalph
        Good music and glasses did the trick, DJ~
        Jan 22, 2016
        2 people like this.
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Well, she hasn't really heard anything I've put out, unless she ever had a chance to listen to the XP stuff in M+, so that's out.  Glasses, though...yeah.  I can see that. :p
        Jan 22, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    18. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Friends list is gone.  Not sure how to feel about this...@_@
      1. 1 person likes this.
      3. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        Now you have to stalk new followers, or be stalked :)
        Jan 19, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Susan
        Susan
        There is no spoon~  ;)
        Jan 19, 2016
        3 people like this.
      5. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        B-but...I like spoons! D:
        Jan 19, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    19. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Well, this is strange, but I like it.  Here's to hoping this upgrade is a big ol' blessing for everyone~
      1. 2 people like this.
    20. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      AGDQ 2016 just wrapped up and I LOVED it! Glad Nathanial got to go and show them some love in person. Looking forward to SGDQ on July 3rd. HYYYYYYYPE!
  • About

Birthday:
    Mar 26, 1984 (Age: 35)
    Home Page:
    http://darkxlabs.com
    Being a potato
    First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Remastering music, mapping, tile editing and creation, munching on great foods, gaming (to an extent) and other things
    Welcome!

My name is djDarkX, but you can just call me Dark, or dj or even just hey you!

My main focus is on music reproduction, or re-arrangements of other people's music, most notably in the field of JRPG console music from the days of the NES, SNES, Genesis, N64 and some from the Playstation. I don't limit myself to JUST JRPG music as I've done renditions from shmup titles like U.N. Squadron, racing games like Mario Kart Advance, obscure platformers like Ardy Lightfoot and more. I'm not much of an original composer yet, but I'm working on it! I also deal in graphics and used to do minor script edits. Maybe one day when I learn Javascript more, I can make my own scripts that cater to retro game development.

If you visit my site, you'll see what my list of re-arranged and remastered music is, but it doesn't contain EVERYTHING I've done as some of it I can't share, and some I just won't for various reasons.

Commission Status: Unavailable (probably will never happen until I get better at original compositions, but that may change someday)

ReStaff: October 2013

If you want to ask me a question, please PM me. I no longer use Skype, but rather other platforms for communication. They are linked and referenced on my personal website in the About section. If you want to be friendly, talk music or just get to know me better without any ulterior motives, contact me on one of those platforms I currently use with a note about who you are on the forums. You can also email me at jesse@darkxlabs.com for music-related matters! Thanks for stopping by!

Interact

Signature

Creations:
    Yanfly Text Positioning Tool | RPG Maker MV for Linux (for newbies) | Tiled Tutorial (RPG Maker MV Edition)

Currently Owned Products:
    RPG Maker XP • RPG Maker VX • RPG Maker VX Ace (Standalone & Steam) • RPG Maker MV (Standalone & Steam)• IG Maker • RPG Maker Season Pass
    Futuristic Tiles • Modern Day Tiles (Steam) • Old School Modern Tiles 1/2 • RPG Maker DS/DS+ Resource Pack • POP! Horror City
    Luna Engine • RPG Maker DS+ Retro Sci-Fi • Rural Farms • Pixel Myth: Germania • Retro Halloween • Time Fantasy • FSM: Town of Beginnings • Animations Collection I: Quintessence • Animations Collection II: Quantum

[​IMG]