Jul 16, 2019 at 10:57 AM

Awarded Medals 2

Birthday:
Mar 26, 1984 (Age: 35)
Home Page:
Being a potato

Share This Page

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru, Male, 35, from Currently unsure...

Veteran

Looking at the Fes pack, it's a mess of tiles everywhere and redundancy. I was able to shrink 4 sheets into 1 with minimal effort...lordy. Apr 22, 2019

djDarkX was last seen:
Jul 16, 2019 at 10:57 AM
    1. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Sometimes a bit of toilet humor is needed.
      1. Lorenze
        Lorenze
        Sorry, gonna have to disagree with you there, haha.
        Aug 11, 2013
    2. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      New avy to better reflect me. I love troll face, but I don't think anyone would really take me seriously with it on. lol
      1. Jesse - PVGames
        Jesse - PVGames
        I dunno man, I liked the troll face :)
        Aug 10, 2013
      2. Archeia
        Archeia
        I liked the Troll Face too haha
        Aug 11, 2013
    3. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      You know, I've saw a gameplay video of the new Zelda game, A Link Between Worlds (oh teh puns...) which is set in the same "timeline" as ALTTP, and I really like it, but once I saw that thing of Link going onto a wall as a painting...er, no. Gimmick much?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Chad Sexington
        Chad Sexington
        Wind Waker = best 3d zelda. <3
        Aug 8, 2013
      3. Jawnsunn
        Jawnsunn
        It seems pretty cool.

I don't really understand the dislike of turning into a drawing really.
        Aug 8, 2013
      4. SLEEP
        SLEEP
        LoZ: OOT was going to be structured like SM64 in early stages, and this sounds like a nod to that. Also, it's about time Zelda mixed up it's gameplay a bit!
        Aug 8, 2013
    4. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Nothing like the feeling of hearing your music sound like you are right in front of a chamber orchestra playing. Goosebumps~
    5. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      And just when you thought it couldn't get any better...it gets better. I love working with music.
    6. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      This music is coming along nicely, but I still need to fix up a few articulations, fix the settings of the chamber orchestra, volumes and a few other things...then create the variation of said piece. My work cut out for me, I have.
      1. Archeia
        Archeia
        Show it to me, you must.
        Aug 7, 2013
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Alright, but it's not really done yet xD
        Aug 7, 2013
    7. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      My internet connection is the shits right now because Comcast sucks at keeping a connection going!
    8. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Motivation...take me away in your warm embrace!
      1. Thalzon
        Thalzon
        Motivation won't come near while you sit in the cold, unflinching lap of Procrastination.
        Aug 4, 2013
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        I like that. ;D
        Aug 4, 2013
      3. echo
        echo
        Procrastination is a cruel mistress. Pretty sure she's moved into my flat, I haven't done anything productive in days.
        Aug 4, 2013
    9. Archeia
      Archeia
      DAWG
      1. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Like a baws
        Aug 4, 2013
  • About

Birthday:
    Mar 26, 1984 (Age: 35)
    Home Page:
    http://darkxlabs.com
    Being a potato
    First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Remastering music, mapping, tile editing and creation, munching on great foods, gaming (to an extent) and other things
    Welcome!

My name is djDarkX, but you can just call me Dark, or dj or even just hey you!

My main focus is on music reproduction, or re-arrangements of other people's music, most notably in the field of JRPG console music from the days of the NES, SNES, Genesis, N64 and some from the Playstation. I don't limit myself to JUST JRPG music as I've done renditions from shmup titles like U.N. Squadron, racing games like Mario Kart Advance, obscure platformers like Ardy Lightfoot and more. I'm not much of an original composer yet, but I'm working on it! I also deal in graphics and used to do minor script edits. Maybe one day when I learn Javascript more, I can make my own scripts that cater to retro game development.

If you visit my site, you'll see what my list of re-arranged and remastered music is, but it doesn't contain EVERYTHING I've done as some of it I can't share, and some I just won't for various reasons.

Commission Status: Unavailable (probably will never happen until I get better at original compositions, but that may change someday)

ReStaff: October 2013

If you want to ask me a question, please PM me. I no longer use Skype, but rather other platforms for communication. They are linked and referenced on my personal website in the About section. If you want to be friendly, talk music or just get to know me better without any ulterior motives, contact me on one of those platforms I currently use with a note about who you are on the forums. You can also email me at jesse@darkxlabs.com for music-related matters! Thanks for stopping by!

Interact

Signature

Creations:
    Yanfly Text Positioning Tool | RPG Maker MV for Linux (for newbies) | Tiled Tutorial (RPG Maker MV Edition)

Currently Owned Products:
    RPG Maker XP • RPG Maker VX • RPG Maker VX Ace (Standalone & Steam) • RPG Maker MV (Standalone & Steam)• IG Maker • RPG Maker Season Pass
    Futuristic Tiles • Modern Day Tiles (Steam) • Old School Modern Tiles 1/2 • RPG Maker DS/DS+ Resource Pack • POP! Horror City
    Luna Engine • RPG Maker DS+ Retro Sci-Fi • Rural Farms • Pixel Myth: Germania • Retro Halloween • Time Fantasy • FSM: Town of Beginnings • Animations Collection I: Quintessence • Animations Collection II: Quantum

[​IMG]