Sep 23, 2019

Awarded Medals 2

Birthday:
Mar 26, 1984 (Age: 35)
Home Page:
Being a potato

Share This Page

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru, Male, 35, from Currently unsure...

Veteran

I've been game making, but not on RM. Aug 23, 2019

djDarkX was last seen:
Sep 23, 2019
    1. SOC
      SOC
      Your website is down :(
      1. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Yes, sorry I didn't say anything. My site is down because I too down the server. I'll be moving soon, I just don't know when. As soon as we are moved, the site will be back up. Sorry for the inconvenience!
        Mar 13, 2018
        SOC likes this.
      2. SOC
        SOC
        Are you hosting your music anywhere else?
        Mar 13, 2018
      3. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        The XP music I made is still on Audiomack. My other, non-RM tracks are not hosted elsewhere at this time, for various reasons. As soon as I move and I'm sure our internet is transferred over, I'll bring the site back up.
        Mar 13, 2018
    2. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Watching Level1Techs videos, finally. These people have class and knowledge. Love it.
      1. Guiguimu likes this.
    3. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Not sure what to do. Do inventory of my storage characters inventories in GW2 before reset...or work on more Ace music before reset...
      1. Poryg
        Poryg
        2 :)
        Mar 11, 2018
    4. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      *notices the new favicon for the website* Interesting. I prefer the original. :guffaw:
      1. Guiguimu and Nightblade50 like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        The favicon, it's too small for me to see, I can only distinguish a yellow square XD
        Mar 9, 2018
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Mar 9, 2018
        The Stranger and Nightblade50 like this.
      5. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @TheoAllen Thanks for directing me to the definition. xD
        Mar 9, 2018
    5. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Added Ace Field 1 music to my thread. The trumpet sounds a bit...weird, but that will be fixed later when I get a better trumpet for it.
    6. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Oopsy. Seems I messed up. Seems the electric guitar was one octave too low on Ace Battle 1. Will release a secondary, proper version.
      1. starlight dream likes this.
    7. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      If you see my new thread, sorry to disappoint, but there are no XP pieces in there. Those are for another purpose.
    8. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Will be streaming my attempt at making a rogue-like dungeon crawler again (non-RM). If you want to watch, it's here:
      1. Guiguimu likes this.
      2. djDarkX
        Feb 27, 2018
        Guiguimu likes this.
      3. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        With some Shadow of the Colossus music in the background!
        Feb 27, 2018
        Guiguimu likes this.
    9. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Working on a rogue-like dungeon crawler, but not in RM. Want to see what I'm doin? Check out the stream!
    10. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      I hate Windows 10 with a seething passion that surpasses the energy of our Sun...I wish Windows 7 supported my CPU...
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Llareian
        Llareian
        I agree that 7 is a better system, but once you get used to it, there's a certain logic to 10, and it's actually been even more stable for me than 7. So eventually 10 will (probably) grow on you. Unlike the new Microsoft business model, which...well...I think subscriptions are lower than microtransactions.
        Feb 18, 2018
      3. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        @Jonforum I know how to use it correctly. I've worked with Windows since 3.11 professionally since I am a tech person. Windows 10 is worse, in my opinion, than Win 7 ever was.

@Llareian I can assure you I won't. Kaby Lake CPU means I am stuck to this or use Linux, which still doesn't have the ability to play games I really want...sadly...
        Feb 18, 2018
        VertigoAffliction likes this.
      4. VertigoAffliction
        VertigoAffliction
        I'd honestly just wait until the Xbox ONE has a full Windows integration (from what I hear, that's coming down the pipe really soon), and buy an Xbox ONE.
        Feb 19, 2018
    11. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      For anyone wondering why there are no updates to my XP OST, currently going through some stuff irl, but when it's over, I'll go back to it.
    12. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Happy Nope Day.
      1. KayZaman
        KayZaman
        Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope (please no spamming)
        Feb 15, 2018
      2. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        Happy every day. Meow.
        Feb 15, 2018
        djDarkX, starlight dream and Stanley like this.
      3. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        happy-OHHH GAWD WHY!?!!?-day :3
        Feb 15, 2018
        djDarkX and starlight dream like this.
    13. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      I'll be streaming Subnautica yet again tonight and after I finish, I might just stream RM games for fun. Anything I've never tried...
      1. Guiguimu likes this.
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        ...which is everything. lol

Channel:
        Feb 3, 2018
        Guiguimu likes this.
    14. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      About to stream, yet again, another run of Subnautica. Get your swimsuit, your scuba tank and let's dive right in!
    15. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      I'll be doing another stream of Subnautica for those interested. Will be starting in a few minutes. New page is
      1. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Thank you to those few that tuned in. Hope you enjoyed the show. I'll be switching to OBS for future streams since it looks like NVIDIA Shadowplay is not very good.
        Feb 2, 2018
    16. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      I'll be streaming again in a few minutes, except this time it won't be a game, but me working on some music, for those that want to watch.
      1. Guiguimu likes this.
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        The stream is at
        Feb 1, 2018
        Guiguimu likes this.
      3. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        I will also be taking requests, if any, before I start working, so if you have a Twitch account, be sure to join the chat and let me know what you'd want to see and hear remastered!
        Feb 1, 2018
        Guiguimu likes this.
    17. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      I will be streaming a playthrough of Subnautica, for those interested. If you want to see it, check out
      1. starlight dream likes this.
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        The stream will be up in a few minutes!
        Feb 1, 2018
    18. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Almost done with Subnautica. This game is fantastic and beautiful, but never play it if you have a fear of the dark, water or monsters.
      1. starlight dream and Guiguimu like this.
    19. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      New keyboard came in today. RGB programmable keys, several modes, Outemu blue switches for loud clicks while typing...yes. Worth it.
      1. Llareian and The Stranger like this.
      2. Llareian
        Llareian
        Mmm, I miss the old loud clacky keyboards...
        Jan 30, 2018
        djDarkX and starlight dream like this.
    20. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Subnautica. Great game, but scary as hell. Lead developer didn't even want it to be in the horror genre, but those are some scary creatures!
      1. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        I don't recall it. I'm working on some rough cuts to work with for my game. Meow.
        Jan 27, 2018
      2. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        I saw JackSepticEye play it on Disney XD once- the iconic Reaper didn't phase me much...
        Jan 27, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion and djDarkX like this.
      3. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Seeing on TV or on YT with commentary, like Markiplier, Jack or others, you don't get the full effect, but try playing the game with no distractions. When they sneak up on you, lots of nope. I only really fear the Leviathans, not anything else.
        Jan 27, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Mar 26, 1984 (Age: 35)
    Home Page:
    http://darkxlabs.com
    Being a potato
    First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Remastering music, mapping, tile editing and creation, munching on great foods, gaming (to an extent) and other things
    Welcome!

My name is djDarkX, but you can just call me Dark, or dj or even just hey you!

My main focus is on music reproduction, or re-arrangements of other people's music, most notably in the field of JRPG console music from the days of the NES, SNES, Genesis, N64 and some from the Playstation. I don't limit myself to JUST JRPG music as I've done renditions from shmup titles like U.N. Squadron, racing games like Mario Kart Advance, obscure platformers like Ardy Lightfoot and more. I'm not much of an original composer yet, but I'm working on it! I also deal in graphics and used to do minor script edits. Maybe one day when I learn Javascript more, I can make my own scripts that cater to retro game development.

If you visit my site, you'll see what my list of re-arranged and remastered music is, but it doesn't contain EVERYTHING I've done as some of it I can't share, and some I just won't for various reasons.

Commission Status: Unavailable (probably will never happen until I get better at original compositions, but that may change someday)

ReStaff: October 2013

If you want to ask me a question, please PM me. I no longer use Skype, but rather other platforms for communication. They are linked and referenced on my personal website in the About section. If you want to be friendly, talk music or just get to know me better without any ulterior motives, contact me on one of those platforms I currently use with a note about who you are on the forums. You can also email me at jesse@darkxlabs.com for music-related matters! Thanks for stopping by!

Interact

Signature

Creations:
    Yanfly Text Positioning Tool | RPG Maker MV for Linux (for newbies) | Tiled Tutorial (RPG Maker MV Edition)

Currently Owned Products:
    RPG Maker XP • RPG Maker VX • RPG Maker VX Ace (Standalone & Steam) • RPG Maker MV (Standalone & Steam)• IG Maker • RPG Maker Season Pass
    Futuristic Tiles • Modern Day Tiles (Steam) • Old School Modern Tiles 1/2 • RPG Maker DS/DS+ Resource Pack • POP! Horror City
    Luna Engine • RPG Maker DS+ Retro Sci-Fi • Rural Farms • Pixel Myth: Germania • Retro Halloween • Time Fantasy • FSM: Town of Beginnings • Animations Collection I: Quintessence • Animations Collection II: Quantum

[​IMG]