Jul 18, 2019 at 9:33 AM

Awarded Medals 2

Birthday:
Mar 26, 1984 (Age: 35)
Home Page:
Being a potato

Share This Page

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru, Male, 35, from Currently unsure...

Veteran

Looking at the Fes pack, it's a mess of tiles everywhere and redundancy. I was able to shrink 4 sheets into 1 with minimal effort...lordy. Apr 22, 2019

djDarkX was last seen:
Jul 18, 2019 at 9:33 AM
    1. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Man, finding a female death groan was difficult, but I think I got one that will...mostly work. Well, one that didn't sound silly...
      1. starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I must've spent upwards of an hour listening to moan\grunt sounds, and just giggling. There were some male grunts which sounded like someone was struggling with constipation.
        Jan 22, 2018
        djDarkX and starlight dream like this.
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        You could've used Gollum :p
        Jan 22, 2018
        The Stranger and djDarkX like this.
      5. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Jan 22, 2018
        starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
    2. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Been watching AGDQ 2018 this last week while, mostly, playing Skyrim. Some good runs on there.
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        Me too (minus the Skyrim)! I find it inspirational, been getting some work done as a result.
        Jan 13, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        That Mega Man 1-3 relay was phenomenal! I can't wait for SGDQ this year!
        Jan 13, 2018
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        *laughs* I'm just glad they put up the runs on Youtube. I can watch the stuff I missed when I was sleeping and it tides me over for a while until the next event. Next for me is RPG Limit Break.
        Jan 13, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
    3. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      For those that missed my status earlier showing the piece I was working on, check the Resource WIP Thread III for it. Hope you enjoy it!
      1. Sauteed_Onion likes this.
      3. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Thank you very much. Glad my work is appreciated, even if I still have a lot of trouble composing my own music! :guffaw:
        Jan 8, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion likes this.
      4. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        It may sound unbelievable but I started praying to THE LORD that I leave the old behind and it was like a block was moved out of the way. Got hungry to learn new methods and techniques and practiced alot more.
        Jan 8, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
      5. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        I palyed a lot of heavy darker sounding stuff and that just lost it's hold on me. Playing a lot more classical and jazzy stuff now meow.
        Jan 8, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
    4. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Here it is, the finished product of all that work. Needs tweaking, but enjoy!
      1. SOC, Pastel_Sensei, EpicFILE and 2 others like this.
      3. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Thank you Kes. That's high praise and I intend to keep working hard on these pieces and improving ones I already worked on as time goes on.
        Jan 8, 2018
      4. EpicFILE
        EpicFILE
        Awesome work as usual, mate :D
        Jan 8, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
      5. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Fixed the audio a bit to make the crash and crescendo cymbals come through a bit more and improved volume on some of the violin short notes to sound a bit louder. Changed the EQ to be the same as the others I've done, so it's consistent and bright.
        Jan 8, 2018
    5. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      YES! It's done! Needs some tweaking, but overall, it sounds better than the store and MIDI version! Will post tomorrow!
      1. Guiguimu and EpicFILE like this.
      2. EpicFILE
        EpicFILE
        Looking forward to it! :D
        Jan 7, 2018
    6. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Will be doing a live stream of my current remastered project in a few minutes. Care to join me?
    7. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Now that I have my new SSD installed and instruments load blazing fast, time to finish this piece...but...cuts will be made to the track...
      3. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        At least it'll be done in a manner that most people probably won't notice or care about so that it's a good compromise.
        Jan 7, 2018
        futrchamp and Sauteed_Onion like this.
      4. futrchamp
        futrchamp
        Yeah, that can be tough when arranging stuff intended for MIDI (had something similar when arranging the Chrono Trigger main theme for orchestra, towards the end the violins play 6-7 ledger lines above the staff)...maybe rather than cut the part entirely just rearrange the voicings to fit better in the range of your libraries? Assuming that the unrealistic part is fairly important to the arrangement, at least.
        Jan 7, 2018
      5. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Luckily they aren't. It'll be fine without them. Using the EW Hollywood series and I don't want to push the voices to notes further than intended, especially if they are only a few of them.
        Jan 7, 2018
        futrchamp likes this.
    8. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      My new 525GB SSD finally came in, but now I need to transfer over my instruments to it...3 hours for 196GB. At least it'll be worth it!
    9. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Looks like my new SSD is coming in on Friday, so I have to stop working on the current piece until it gets here due to HDD usage spiking...
      1. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        If you want to send me like 5 strips of juicy tasty bacon to celebrate, I'm with ya!
        Jan 5, 2018
        starlight dream and djDarkX like this.
    10. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      So, I haven't made much progress on my current remaster because the brass sections are the real meat of it...and it's a crazy mess! @_@
      1. Cray and Sauteed_Onion like this.
      2. Kes
        Kes
        But nevertheless, if it's like the other remasters, our wait will be worth it.
        Jan 4, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
      3. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Thank you Kes! I certainly hope to deliver. :D
        Jan 4, 2018
    11. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Just bought an M.2 525GB SSD drive. Should be here on Monday. This will make loading/streaming instruments so freakin quick! Can't wait! 8D
      1. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        I need to get a more powerful lappy. ; _; This one was so awesome, for so cheap. But alas.. it's time. I record enough music solo and mess with enough development software now to really kind of make that expenditure seem legitimate now.
        Jan 3, 2018
      2. Richard John S
        Richard John S
        That's exactly what I need!
        Jan 3, 2018
    12. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Time to work on one of the more difficult pieces in XP. This will be fun. :guffaw:
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        Oooh. A challenge!
        Jan 3, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Yus. It's already proving to be a worthy adversary, but I love it. I hope I can do this justice.
        Jan 3, 2018
        starlight dream and Sharm like this.
    13. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Just in for New Years, Castle 1 from RMXP! One of my absolute favorites from it! Enjoy!
      1. EpicFILE and Sharm like this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        So good!
        Jan 2, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
      4. Kes
        Kes
        This is how it should have sounded from the get go.
        Jan 2, 2018
        djDarkX likes this.
      5. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        You folks are awesome. Thanks for the compliments. I will continue to churn out this music with the same level of quality. I'm so energized and can't wait to finish. :D
        Jan 2, 2018
        Sharm and Kes like this.
    14. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Happy New Year to all my friends and followers here on RMW. Let's make this year really awesome!
      1. EpicFILE
        EpicFILE
        Hope you'll have an awesome year too! :D *big hugs*
        Jan 1, 2018
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Thank you! May it be a creative year for all the RMW members.
        Jan 2, 2018
    15. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Already working on another one, which is one of my favorites. Doing it the same way I did the second version, so it has a nice surprise!
      1. starlight dream, Cray and Sharm like this.
    16. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Like I promised, next song from XP, which is Slow 1. Enjoy!
      1. Sharm, Sauteed_Onion and EpicFILE like this.
      3. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        Contact Degica and tell them you got some fresh remixed jams from the old rpgmaker stuff. and tell them to make a deal with you.
        Jan 1, 2018
      4. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Well, that was originally what I was doing a couple years ago, but one, I took too long, which was my fault due to not being consistent with my instrument libraries and also because even though I had gotten through about half of the music, I lost it all to a dual hard drive crash, both my main and my 2TB storage that had project files, finished renders and all my old sampler libraries.
        Jan 1, 2018
      5. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        I've cut the fat now and they did already update it a bit, but maybe this will pique their interest again. Who knows!
        Jan 1, 2018
    17. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Now it's Dungeon 1 from XP. Woo!
      1. Kes, Sharm, EpicFILE and 2 others like this.
      3. EpicFILE
        EpicFILE
        You got an epic talent! Really nice :D
        Dec 31, 2017
        Sauteed_Onion and djDarkX like this.
      4. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Thanks everyone! Appreciate the compliment. Not sure what will come next, but as soon as it is, whatever it may be, I'll be sure to post it up!
        Dec 31, 2017
      5. Kes
        Kes
        Well done on this.
        Dec 31, 2017
        Sauteed_Onion and djDarkX like this.
    18. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Longer, and finished, version of my Battle 1 remaster from XP.
      1. Sauteed_Onion, TheoAllen and Kes like this.
      2. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        *Levels up*
        Dec 30, 2017
        djDarkX likes this.
    19. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      1. Llareian, EpicFILE, Jonforum and 2 others like this.
      3. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it. I put lots of love into any work I do, so hopefully it shows! :D
        Dec 29, 2017
      4. Llareian
        Llareian
        I like it! It reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy Tactics. It's very dynamic and epic but also sort of uplifting and hopeful.
        Dec 29, 2017
        djDarkX likes this.
      5. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Well, the music is from the XP RTP, but in MIDI form it isn't living up to it's true potential and I've always felt the Remastered OST in the store fell flat. I was going to replace it with an updated version, but I lost all the work I had over two years ago, so they got someone else to work on the more "troubled" pieces. I'd like to think I bring something a bit different to the table. :)
        Dec 29, 2017
        Llareian likes this.
    20. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Merry Christmas, or Happy Holiday, to my friends here on RMW. Hope your year was better than mine and that this year brings better tidings!
      1. starlight dream and mlogan like this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Mar 26, 1984 (Age: 35)
    Home Page:
    http://darkxlabs.com
    Being a potato
    First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Remastering music, mapping, tile editing and creation, munching on great foods, gaming (to an extent) and other things
    Welcome!

My name is djDarkX, but you can just call me Dark, or dj or even just hey you!

My main focus is on music reproduction, or re-arrangements of other people's music, most notably in the field of JRPG console music from the days of the NES, SNES, Genesis, N64 and some from the Playstation. I don't limit myself to JUST JRPG music as I've done renditions from shmup titles like U.N. Squadron, racing games like Mario Kart Advance, obscure platformers like Ardy Lightfoot and more. I'm not much of an original composer yet, but I'm working on it! I also deal in graphics and used to do minor script edits. Maybe one day when I learn Javascript more, I can make my own scripts that cater to retro game development.

If you visit my site, you'll see what my list of re-arranged and remastered music is, but it doesn't contain EVERYTHING I've done as some of it I can't share, and some I just won't for various reasons.

Commission Status: Unavailable (probably will never happen until I get better at original compositions, but that may change someday)

ReStaff: October 2013

If you want to ask me a question, please PM me. I no longer use Skype, but rather other platforms for communication. They are linked and referenced on my personal website in the About section. If you want to be friendly, talk music or just get to know me better without any ulterior motives, contact me on one of those platforms I currently use with a note about who you are on the forums. You can also email me at jesse@darkxlabs.com for music-related matters! Thanks for stopping by!

Interact

Signature

Creations:
    Yanfly Text Positioning Tool | RPG Maker MV for Linux (for newbies) | Tiled Tutorial (RPG Maker MV Edition)

Currently Owned Products:
    RPG Maker XP • RPG Maker VX • RPG Maker VX Ace (Standalone & Steam) • RPG Maker MV (Standalone & Steam)• IG Maker • RPG Maker Season Pass
    Futuristic Tiles • Modern Day Tiles (Steam) • Old School Modern Tiles 1/2 • RPG Maker DS/DS+ Resource Pack • POP! Horror City
    Luna Engine • RPG Maker DS+ Retro Sci-Fi • Rural Farms • Pixel Myth: Germania • Retro Halloween • Time Fantasy • FSM: Town of Beginnings • Animations Collection I: Quintessence • Animations Collection II: Quantum

[​IMG]