Sep 23, 2019

Awarded Medals 2

Birthday:
Mar 26, 1984 (Age: 35)
Home Page:
Being a potato

Share This Page

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru, Male, 35, from Currently unsure...

Veteran

I've been game making, but not on RM. Aug 23, 2019

djDarkX was last seen:
Sep 23, 2019
    1. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      1. Llareian, EpicFILE, Jonforum and 2 others like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it. I put lots of love into any work I do, so hopefully it shows! :D
        Dec 29, 2017
      4. Llareian
        Llareian
        I like it! It reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy Tactics. It's very dynamic and epic but also sort of uplifting and hopeful.
        Dec 29, 2017
        djDarkX likes this.
      5. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Well, the music is from the XP RTP, but in MIDI form it isn't living up to it's true potential and I've always felt the Remastered OST in the store fell flat. I was going to replace it with an updated version, but I lost all the work I had over two years ago, so they got someone else to work on the more "troubled" pieces. I'd like to think I bring something a bit different to the table. :)
        Dec 29, 2017
        Llareian likes this.
    2. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Merry Christmas, or Happy Holiday, to my friends here on RMW. Hope your year was better than mine and that this year brings better tidings!
      1. starlight dream and mlogan like this.
    3. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      I might need to start investing in sleeping pills because lately I wake up far before the time I should be and can't go back to sleep...
      1. starlight dream likes this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        I agree that trying for better sleep habits is a better idea first. Sleep meds tend to sacrifice deeper sleep for longer sleep. Try keeping those daytime naps at no longer than 15 minutes too, that might be what's throwing your rhythms off.
        Dec 21, 2017
        djDarkX likes this.
      4. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Well, I only nap if I haven't slept that long the night before and I'm very drowsy. So far, I'm still awake, so that's a plus and hoping I can make it until the evening and get a good nights rest, but I guess we'll see. @_@
        Dec 21, 2017
      5. Kes
        Kes
        One of the problems with many (most?) sleeping pills is that they get you off to sleep, but don't keep your asleep. So if your problem is waking up too early, then meds might not help anyway.
        Dec 21, 2017
    4. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      I'm still alive!...maybe...*checks pulse*
      1. View previous comments...
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Yeah, I've been busy dealing with things and playing Guild Wars 2 to take my mind off said things. Hope all my friends, and additional forum goers, are doing well. :D
        Dec 19, 2017
        starlight dream and Guiguimu like this.
      3. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        Sorry to know... Real life, right? Can be a mess. But I hope everything is better now! ^^
        Dec 19, 2017
        djDarkX likes this.
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        I'm not doing well, but well... I'm trying to not complain :)
        Dec 19, 2017
        djDarkX likes this.
    5. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Another post without any real substance. Enjoy.
      2. Dalph
      3. Susan
      4. Dalph
        Dalph
        I think this status now has finally some real substance.

*goes back to have a life*
        Aug 25, 2017
    6. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      I have nothing of any real substance to post here, so I guess this will have to do.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        You and @Dalph go together like two peas in a pod. :p
        Aug 23, 2017
      3. Dalph
        Dalph
        @Susan
        You're nionese are rusty but you improve! =w=
        Aug 23, 2017
        djDarkX, Marsigne, Verdelite and 2 others like this.
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        What kind of substance? Is it sticky? Does it taste good? Is it sweet? Maybe oily? I demand to know the nature of this substance for scientific reasons!
        Aug 23, 2017
    7. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Lordy. Had almost forgotten how hectic working with Fusion 2.5 can be. Not for game making, but rather application development.
    8. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Updated my site with a tiny bit of updated news. Nothing special, but a simple blurb. Still, for those interested: http://darkxlabs.com
      1. Tea's Jams likes this.
    9. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      FINALLY got my 1080p monitor. It's...amazing, to say the least. Happy I finally have an HD screen to look at.
      1. Guiguimu, Kyoku and Arisa like this.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        I've got a normal monitor and am happy too :D
        Aug 2, 2017
        djDarkX and Hollow 1977 like this.
      3. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        This reminds of the time I got my first 40" tv. Seeing games and movies on there is awesome. Congrats on upgrade!
        Aug 2, 2017
        djDarkX likes this.
      4. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Thanks. Yeah, this is a 21.5" 1080p IPS monitor that I got from BestBuy for $84 (after taxes), so it was well worth it.
        Aug 2, 2017
    10. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Sometimes I go to certain parts of the internet and I question what I do with all this free time I have.
      1. Ms Littlefish likes this.
      2. TakeHomeTheCup
        TakeHomeTheCup
        Same...
        Aug 1, 2017
    11. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Just enjoying my ability to veg out and play Guild Wars 2 all day, if I wanted.
      1. Guiguimu and Kes like this.
      2. Kes
        Kes
        And do you want?
        Jul 29, 2017
        Guiguimu and djDarkX like this.
      3. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Yeah, probably, haha!
        Jul 29, 2017
        Guiguimu likes this.
    12. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      I will probably be making a revamped Tiled tutorial to replace the previous one with some added features, or make it a mini-series.
    13. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Switched out the modem and my site is available again. What a headache...
    14. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Due to getting a new modem/router from Comcast, my ISP, site is down until further notice...grumble grumble...
      1. AceOfAces_Mod
        AceOfAces_Mod
        I have my own site hosted on Microsoft Azure, but I feel you mate.
        Jul 20, 2017
    15. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      So done with Comcast. For those outside the States, it's a large ISP for us that is not always known for stable connections...
      1. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Looks like our modem might be dying, which sucks. The worst part about it is that we have to change to their modem/router combo, but then I'm tied to their rather limited port forwarding or forced IPv6 addresses, which makes it MUCH harder to host anything.
        Jul 19, 2017
      2. Stanley
        Stanley
        Daahh that sucks, I feel you bro, been there :(
        Jul 19, 2017
    16. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Updated my site with some info, per the usual. For those too lazy to check my profile, and who are interested, go here: http://darkxlabs.com
      1. Guiguimu and Arisa like this.
      3. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        Urgh that one hit me right in the heart! xD I've checked it, it's awesome. I love what you did with Simple&Clean but all the music presented there is great!
        Jul 18, 2017
        djDarkX likes this.
      4. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        @Guiguimu Thanks a bunch! That one was actually something a friend made I just remastered it. He and his girlfriend were very happy with the results, but I think I can make it even better. At least I know where ti find it again.
        Jul 19, 2017
        Guiguimu likes this.
      5. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        I heard almost every work you have there and the ones I've listen were really good! Well, then try it! If you feel inspired of course, go ahead ^^
        Jul 19, 2017
        djDarkX likes this.
    17. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Seriously loving this new PC. Still can't wait until I can finish it with a new monitor, M.2 drive, bigger extra storage and light strips.
      1. Susan, Guiguimu, Dalph and 1 other person like this.
      2. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        *is jelly of new PC =www= * ...
        Jul 17, 2017
        djDarkX and Guiguimu like this.
      3. Dalph
        Dalph
        Good to hear it performs pretty well.
        Nothing more satisfying when you build something and it works like it should.
        Jul 17, 2017
        Susan, djDarkX and Guiguimu like this.
      4. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        That's really nice to know, hope you have a lot of fun with it too. I agree with @Dalph must be great to build something that works properly! Nice!
        Jul 17, 2017
        Susan, Dalph and djDarkX like this.
    18. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      For those of you that viewed my status yesterday about my PC being built, initial headaches aside from Windows 10, it's running smoothly.
      1. Tea's Jams, Guiguimu, Susan and 2 others like this.
      3. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        My thoughts exactly, Susan. It's why I, mostly, can't change over. There are still some things I HAVE to use in Windows, like the Composer Cloud instruments since iLok won't work with it and not sure it will work with a virtual environment.
        Jul 16, 2017
        Susan and Dalph like this.
      4. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Plus, some games I've been dying to play are Windows only, but that is starting to become a relic since a lot of games are being ported to or being made cross-platform these days, so awesome.
        Jul 16, 2017
        Susan likes this.
      5. Tea's Jams
        Tea's Jams
        Sweet victory!
        Jul 16, 2017
        djDarkX likes this.
    19. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      GOT MY NEW PC FINALLY BUILT AND RUNNING! Bad part is I can't activate my standalone MV license because no updates are installed for Win 7.
      1. Rhino, Ms Littlefish, Sharm and 2 others like this.
      3. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Got it activated. Just needed to install IE11. Now I can get back to it...once all the updates are installed lol
        Jul 14, 2017
        Guiguimu likes this.
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        You could dual boot with Linux and install rmmv there, couldn't you?
        Jul 15, 2017
        djDarkX likes this.
      5. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Yes, but I didn't need to. I got it up and running with an update to Windows 7, but I ended up upgrading to Windows 10 as I said in my newest status.
        Jul 16, 2017
    20. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      Updated my site with some new information about my new PC that I've been trying to build and some interesting info about a settlement check.
      1. Tea's Jams and Guiguimu like this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Mar 26, 1984 (Age: 35)
    Home Page:
    http://darkxlabs.com
    Being a potato
    First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Remastering music, mapping, tile editing and creation, munching on great foods, gaming (to an extent) and other things
    Welcome!

My name is djDarkX, but you can just call me Dark, or dj or even just hey you!

My main focus is on music reproduction, or re-arrangements of other people's music, most notably in the field of JRPG console music from the days of the NES, SNES, Genesis, N64 and some from the Playstation. I don't limit myself to JUST JRPG music as I've done renditions from shmup titles like U.N. Squadron, racing games like Mario Kart Advance, obscure platformers like Ardy Lightfoot and more. I'm not much of an original composer yet, but I'm working on it! I also deal in graphics and used to do minor script edits. Maybe one day when I learn Javascript more, I can make my own scripts that cater to retro game development.

If you visit my site, you'll see what my list of re-arranged and remastered music is, but it doesn't contain EVERYTHING I've done as some of it I can't share, and some I just won't for various reasons.

Commission Status: Unavailable (probably will never happen until I get better at original compositions, but that may change someday)

ReStaff: October 2013

If you want to ask me a question, please PM me. I no longer use Skype, but rather other platforms for communication. They are linked and referenced on my personal website in the About section. If you want to be friendly, talk music or just get to know me better without any ulterior motives, contact me on one of those platforms I currently use with a note about who you are on the forums. You can also email me at jesse@darkxlabs.com for music-related matters! Thanks for stopping by!

Interact

Signature

Creations:
    Yanfly Text Positioning Tool | RPG Maker MV for Linux (for newbies) | Tiled Tutorial (RPG Maker MV Edition)

Currently Owned Products:
    RPG Maker XP • RPG Maker VX • RPG Maker VX Ace (Standalone & Steam) • RPG Maker MV (Standalone & Steam)• IG Maker • RPG Maker Season Pass
    Futuristic Tiles • Modern Day Tiles (Steam) • Old School Modern Tiles 1/2 • RPG Maker DS/DS+ Resource Pack • POP! Horror City
    Luna Engine • RPG Maker DS+ Retro Sci-Fi • Rural Farms • Pixel Myth: Germania • Retro Halloween • Time Fantasy • FSM: Town of Beginnings • Animations Collection I: Quintessence • Animations Collection II: Quantum

[​IMG]