djDarkX

Welcome!

My name is djDarkX, but you can just call me Dark, or dj or even just hey you!

My main focus is on music reproduction, or re-arrangements of other people's music, most notably in the field of JRPG console music from the days of the NES, SNES, Genesis, N64 and some from the Playstation. I don't limit myself to JUST JRPG music as I've done renditions from shmup titles like U.N. Squadron, racing games like Mario Kart Advance, obscure platformers like Ardy Lightfoot and more. I'm not much of an original composer yet, but I'm working on it! I also deal in graphics and used to do minor script edits. Maybe one day when I learn Javascript more, I can make my own scripts that cater to retro game development.

If you visit my site, you'll see what my list of re-arranged and remastered music is, but it doesn't contain EVERYTHING I've done as some of it I can't share, and some I just won't for various reasons.

Commission Status: Unavailable (probably will never happen until I get better at original compositions, but that may change someday)

ReStaff: October 2013

If you want to ask me a question, please PM me. I no longer use Skype, but rather other platforms for communication. They are linked and referenced on my personal website in the About section. If you want to be friendly, talk music or just get to know me better without any ulterior motives, contact me on one of those platforms I currently use with a note about who you are on the forums. You can also email me at jesse@darkxlabs.com for music-related matters! Thanks for stopping by!
Birthday
Mar 26, 1984 (Age: 36)
Website
http://darkxlabs.com
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Interests
Remastering music, mapping, tile editing and creation, munching on great foods, gaming (to an extent) and other things
Occupation
Being a potato

Contact

Signature

Creations:
Yanfly Text Positioning Tool | RPG Maker MV for Linux (for newbies) | Tiled Tutorial (RPG Maker MV Edition)

Currently Owned Products:
RPG Maker XP • RPG Maker VX • RPG Maker VX Ace (Standalone & Steam) • RPG Maker MV (Standalone & Steam)• IG Maker • RPG Maker Season Pass • RPG Maker Fes (3DS Game) • Pixel Game Maker MV
Futuristic Tiles • Modern Day Tiles (Steam) • Old School Modern Tiles 1/2 • RPG Maker DS/DS+ (Resource Pack) • POP! Horror City • RPG Maker Fes (Resource Pack)
Luna Engine • RPG Maker DS+ Retro Sci-Fi • Rural Farms • Pixel Myth: Germania • Retro Halloween • Time Fantasy • FSM: Town of Beginnings • Animations Collection I: Quintessence • Animations Collection II: Quantum

Trophies

1. 30

I LOVE IT!

Content you have posted has attracted 500 positive reactions.
  2. 20

Can't Get Enough of Your Stuff

Your content has been positively reacted to 250 times.
  3. 15

Seriously Likeable!

Content you have posted has attracted a positive reaction score of 100.
  4. 10

I Like It a Lot

Your messages have been positively reacted to 25 times.
  5. 2

Somebody Likes You

Somebody out there reacted positively to one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
  6. 20

Addicted

1,000 messages? Impressive!
  7. 10

Can't Stop!

You've posted 100 messages. I hope this took you more than a day!
  8. 5

Keeps Coming Back

30 messages posted. You must like it here!
  9. 1

First Message

Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Uh, I'm probably overthinking this, but I think that some of my music sounds kinda...bad?
The melodies are just sort of awkward, and don't flow.
I'm really not sure what to do. Why am I even worrying about this? I don't even have a battle system yet!
And the Lord said, let there be lighting effects! And there were lighting effects! And it was good...ish? Might tweak this some more.
Today was a day of good things! Thank you fate! I pray to the darkness that those that read this will enjoy a good day as well! Power to the gam mak.
People3_1 and People3_2 added!

Part 2 of my Audio Engine tutorial for MZ is out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReDesigner