djDarkX
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• That moment when your version of Battle 1 from RMDS (remastered for the RPG Maker DS Resource Pack) sounds better than the one in the pack~
    As much as I can't stand Undertale due to all the hype it got, the music is really amazing and super catchy.  10/10!
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    It's easy to hate on Undertale for being (over)hyped, but people loved this game because it knew exactly what it wanted to be (which is already more than I can say for most RPGs), it delivered on what it wanted to be in both its dialogue and its gameplay, it constantly surprised the player, and it hit the perfect balance between creepy and charming.  A lot of people here try to copy Undertale's mechanics, but they should really focus on its storytelling instead, I think.
    djDarkX
    djDarkX
    Oh, don't get me wrong.  I'm not hating on it due to gameplay, story and so on.  It was just the hype that ruined it for me.  I MIGHT play it one day, but bleh.  Still, the music for it is really good, in my honest opinion.
    djDarkX
    djDarkX
    But you are correct.  Story is something people tend to worry about lat and would rather either recreate battle systems form other games or graphics, characters, etc.  I prefer a good story first and foremost.
    Wow, the RMW Store buying options sure have become a lot more complicated since I last used them.  First the CC wouldn't work and then I had to jump through hops with PayPal.  Haven't been this frustrated in a long time. @_@
    djDarkX
    djDarkX
    At the very least, I got the product...lol
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Haven't bought something in awhile on the store myself. If you feel there's an issue maybe drop a comment in site feedback.
    Really wish they had remastered the ME's for RMDS because I would LOVE to remaster my own versions of them for my own projects.  A man can dream, though T~T
    TFW you can't play the MMO you are active on because it's DNS server is being DDoS for the past 3 days
    *sets depression mode for the next 4 years* Ugh
    Reactions: 1 person
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
       Kinda feel this morning like I did when playing the witcher 3 and deciding to save the children from the crones. I know the decision was the best available to me, and I'd probably make it again most replays but I still feel really bad about making the choice and killing the kindly, crazy old grandmother. All I can think in the end is "why weren't there any better choices available here?"
    Well now.  Glad I decided to learn Javascript.  Oh, not for plugins, but rather a tool to help me with Yanfly's Message Core.  Mwahahaa!
    SGDQ is coming to an end after the Super Mario RPG run, but it's got over $1Mil for Doctors Without Borders.  Great event!  Can't wait for the GDQ's in 2017!
    Up early in the morning for the ActRaiser speed run on SGDQ.  Can't wait!
    djDarkX
    djDarkX
    LOL Well, good luck to your brother.  Maybe some day soon we'll see him up there running Fusion, one of my favorite Metroid games. :D
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I love TASbot. Getting Twitch Chat on Pokemon Red is still my everything.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Maybe! He's already picked up on a few tricks like double missiles and been fairly warned not to try the bosses in the wrong order. XD
    Finished my first composed track (that I'm really proud of) last night and it's in the SNES format.  I feel great today!
    The one really bad thing about working on SNES music is that my taskbar and desktop become cluttered. lol :stare:
    Reactions: 1 person
    djDarkX
    djDarkX
    Well, I can't show off what I've already made since it's a re-arrangement of copyrighted NES music done for SNES, but when I start making some other pieces, I most certainly will!  I tried to get people excited about it about 3 years ago on here, but no one really cared.  I don't blame them much since people usually want modern, not retro.  Maybe this time around, people will be more open to it. :)
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I remember that.  You were trying to get people talking about authentic sounds for SNES and get some composers to do stuff with you.  I was interested but had nothing to contribute, since I'm no composer.
    djDarkX
    djDarkX
    It's okay.  Even if no one else wants to or can contribute for one reason or another, it's good to know that there are people out there that are excited about it because then I feel even more motivated to work more with it.
    Usually I'd be playing my favorite MMO right now, but MV is calling and so is some of the music by Wingless Seraph.  Good music to work to. :p
    You know what I wish we had?  A calculator that could make stat curves with setting a max level instead of just having a 1-99 curve generator.
    I'm now being stalked by the illustrious Makio!  What an honor! O:
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Good music and glasses did the trick, DJ~
    djDarkX
    djDarkX
    Well, she hasn't really heard anything I've put out, unless she ever had a chance to listen to the XP stuff in M+, so that's out.  Glasses, though...yeah.  I can see that. :p
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

:/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?
"Huh? You haven't backed up yet? *menacing stare* "
Been having a lot of fun playing Hearts of Iron IV. Had to restart a few times, but now I've finally conquerd Europe with my Axis friends, and am currently invading the Soviet Union.
Guess I'll rework all the existing screens in my game. Except of the save/battle screen. For this I will be lazy and use Yanfly. With my current pace it'll take a few months.
Electro Swing--it's like swing--but with electros.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LordNPC