Doinathing
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Mist_outline.png

Quick update: I'm making progress slowly. I came up with a new, relatively easy to program battle system based on Punch-Out!! and I've been doing minor writing overhauls.

I'm sure I'll have some actual gameplay to show soon, but until then, here's my latest sprites for Mist.
    Uh, does anyone know how to change windowskins using Multiple Messages? Thanks!
    Reactions: Bendyizzt
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Someone probably knows. Maybe, make a topic thread instead?
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Please use the forum to get assistance with game development, not the status feed.
    Doinathing
    Doinathing
    Oops. Sorry, I'll do that instead.
    I've been using a modified version of a script called Multiple Messages. It makes my text boxes look like a Mario & Luigi game! There is something about it that bothers me a little bit, but I shouldn't worry about that now.

Side note, Mist's walking animation is almost perfectly in sync with Loose Yourself by Eminem.
    The second draft of my script is almost done, and I don't think I'm going to write a third draft. I'll make changes to dialogue here and there, but I'm happy with the series of events the way they are.
    This is it, the part I've been fearing.
    I need to write an Anime Fight Scene, which is a parody of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, which is a show I've never watched.

Pray for me, forum.
    Okay, I'm gonna try and do a livestream again. I've done some tests, and it doesn't lag if I do it in my living room.
    2:00 PM Central Standard Time, twitch.tv/sweatertheman.

EDIT: Stream's up now. Even one person watching it helps!
    Reactions: lianderson
    Doinathing
    Doinathing
    i asked one of my friends to join and he accidentally leaked all our names so that's not happening again
    **** it i'll do the stream later
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Please note that we have a maximum of 2 profile posts a day so the feed doesn't become spammy.

Have you done a livestream before? It might be worth trying a couple of test runs before announcing to everyone that you're doing one. I know Touch has had some trouble getting it working lately on YouTube.
    Doinathing
    Doinathing
    thanks for the heads up, @Shaz

I barely remember what I did last time, but I think I should move my setup closer to my WI-FI router next time.

I would've done some test runs, but I was going to watch some TV with my family, so I didn't have too much time.
    Ok, stream's up, I think! The link to my Twitch is twitch.tv/sweatertheman. I'm gonna talk about the game and my plans for it and stuff, I think it's a good way to let people know it exists.
    Doinathing
    Doinathing
    MY INTERNET ISN'T WORKING AT ALL I RERGET EVERYTHING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Doinathing
    Doinathing
    there's like a 3 minute delay
    Later tonight, I think I'm gonna do a livestream of me making the game. Get the word out and all that, right?
    Quick tip for any other ametuer pixel artists! When trying to create a colour palette, enabling Antialiasing can speed up the process of creating different shades! Just place your lightest colour and your darkest colour next to each other, select both pixels, and stretch it out!
    Can someone recommend some fun story-heavy RPGs to me? Coming up with good gameplay is a nightmare! I was thinking of making some gameplay platforming-based, but that doesn't work well in RPG form*. I also was thinking of removing battles, but that would be too much like OneShot. I don't even know how to make good puzzles!
    Doinathing
    Doinathing
    Thanks for the suggestions, you guys. Though when I said RPG games, I didn't necessarily mean RPG Maker games! If there's any non-RM games you recommend, that'd be nice too!
    gothicvoid
    gothicvoid
    it might seem dated but look at some of the VERY early RPGs that were ported into america back in the day. A majority of those are story heavy... Im talking sega and sega CD generation games. As time progressed games have become more of a battle central royal instead of focusing on a plot line...
    Doinathing
    Doinathing
    Sure thing! I like older games.
    Okay, for my second draft, I was think of making the charcter of Five more of an actual villain...kind of.
    Have him be more intimidating and mysterious, having a hand in the mafia, but also be twice as pathetic, because he's a 40 year old man who lives in actual garbage and sends a 17 year old to go kill a vampire for him.
    Doinathing
    Doinathing
    @TeiRaven You'd said Five was 'an interesting loose-end,' what do you think of having a 'final battle' against Five if the player does extra stuff, but he's extremely underwhelming and dies in, say, 10 hits?
    TeiRaven
    TeiRaven
    I think that sounds like it could be very interesting! I haven't had a chance to read the second draft yet, but I like the direction this is headed. Hoping to get some free time to check it out soon!
    Doinathing
    Doinathing
    Alright then. Take your time!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News #17 | MZ Plugins in MV? Workstations, Fantasy Rings, Dark Office Battlebacks
Progress on one of my projects has been slow, but I'm at a spot now where I feel like sharing the four main characters.

From left to right we have: Amabel, Tibby, Dusty, and Wren.

tibbyrpgcast.jpg
I'm in a much better mood about my game than I was 2-3 days ago. I keep switching between sideview and front because of the amount of assets needed for side (I'm drawing it all myself)... but I've decided to stick with front, for my own sanity. sidenote... people, planning is important. I've spent so long on just getting my game's ideas off the ground because I didn't plan ahead.
unknown.png

"Fight me."
I'll finally wash my clothes today!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildsky