Doinathing
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Since I post too many questions here, I'm gonna start looking for YouTube tutorials. I feel like it's getting annoying for people to sifting through my submissions.
    So which forum do I use if I want to showcase graphics? I've been using AML forum, but I'm not sure it's correct.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Yes, that's the one. Unless you want to share your stuff for people to use - in that case it'd be in Resources.
    BRIEF HISTORY OF MY GAME SO FAR
    June 2019 - My friend (let's call him G) says he wants to make a game
    later- it's really bad and angsty
    laterer - He gives up

EARLY 2020 - I suggest trying again, G says yes
    slightly later - G gives up and gives me the whole idea
    LATE 2020 - I finish the script's first draft. G doesn't like it

And that's where we stand!
    Shaz
    Shaz
    If G is not prepared to put in the time and effort, after experiencing what's involved in making a game, and is happy to pass it to you but not happy with your work, then I'd say it's time for G to give up all aspects of game making and to do something he enjoys and will commit to, and for you to make a game for yourself, not for G.
    Doinathing
    Doinathing
    @Shaz I agree with you! I have been making this game for myself, I really think my adaptation of the concept is going to work. G has taken up making a Webcomic, asking for small amounts of help where reasonable. Originally, he wanted to make the game in Scratch, though! (No offense if you're reading this G!)
    Alador
    Alador
    @Doinathing, Scratch? Wow. (He says with two Scratch tabs open currently haha) RPG Maker is much more intuitive and versatile than Scratch, trust me.
    Uh, I'm probably overthinking this, but I think that some of my music sounds kinda...bad?
    The melodies are just sort of awkward, and don't flow.
    I'm really not sure what to do. Why am I even worrying about this? I don't even have a battle system yet!
    Doinathing
    Doinathing
    Okay, thanks for all the advice on making maps before music! Uh, quick question, how should I plan my areas? I should maybe make a thread about this?
    gstv87
    gstv87
    music is a language that needs to be learned.
    and as such, if you're used to one particular accent, it might sound weird when you listen the original dialect of another language, pure.
    people accustomed to JRPG music will not see how to work with Western music for the same kind of game.... they're fundamentally different, like two different languages.
    Doinathing
    Doinathing
    @gstv87 You said my thoughts exactly!

Someone told me that making music in a DAW is a lot different from playing live. The same person also told me to spend more time on the fifth (dominant), and when I did both of those things, the song I was making got like, ten times better!
    Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
    Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!
    Well, after many months, the script for my game is done!
    Now I can dedicate my time to actually making the game!

If enough people ask, I might post a view only link or something.
    I just want to say, thank the RPG Maker gods for scripts in XP.

Now I have access to all the text commands from 2k3!
    And thanks to TeiRaven, I now understand how the most important graphics work. I'd say I'm set to start using XP!

now i just need to cope with making programmer art
    I dunno where it came from, but in my FL Studio files there's a .wav called Tim_Hortons_Can, and it sounds like someone tapping on a paper cup.
    Ok, so I made some items for my game, the Tortoise Badge and the Hare Badge. The Hare Badge trades DEF for AGi, and the Tortoise Badge trades AGi for DEF. RM2k3 seems to think that the Tortoise Badge is just, objectively worse than nothing.
    • Haha
    Reactions: ScorchedGround
    ScorchedGround
    ScorchedGround
    Well I mean, if you for example trade 18 AGI to gain 16 DEF, you are making a net-negative.
    Which means equipping nothing effectively "gains" you more stats.
    Doinathing
    Doinathing
    well, it was -20 AGI for +20 Def
    ok my pfp is now my protag can't keep using Greyface from MOTHER: Cognitive Dissonnance if I have a high status
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SA46ATTACK.gif :kaojoy:New Arab character in action.
I almost thought it wouldn't happen, but a miracle has occurred, and IT'S HAPPENING!!!
xabileug wrote on thenerdmansion's profile.
TMCard - tomoaky
Hi i am currently working on a personal game using tomoaky TMCard in MV. i already have several modifications to it..

Screenshot-2021-04-18-at-19-32-48.png

Rest your weary legs in the Dancing Fox Inn!
Love to kick back and gamemak at the end of the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvan1337