Last Activity:
Jul 16, 2019 at 4:29 PM
Birthday:
Jun 14, 1991 (Age: 28)

Share This Page

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling, Male, 28

Veteran

After resigning from my 80 hour workweek full-time programming job, I gradually become more motivated in plugin/script development/support:) Aug 13, 2017

DoubleX was last seen:
Jul 16, 2019 at 4:29 PM
    1. DoubleX
      DoubleX
      After resigning from my 80 hour workweek full-time programming job, I gradually become more motivated in plugin/script development/support:)
      1. Archeia, Oscar92player and Marsigne like this.
      2. Neo Soul Gamer
        Neo Soul Gamer
        80 Hours? I can see why you quit. lol.
        Aug 13, 2017
      3. Zeriab
        Zeriab
        Take care of yourself first
        Aug 13, 2017
    2. DoubleX
      DoubleX
      Any full time professional programmer here who can pump out 2+ plugins/scripts per week? I wish I could learn from such productive people :)
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Hudell
        Hudell
        A week is actually a lot of time if you have no distractions, but that is the catch - Who doesn't procrastinate those days?
        May 24, 2017
        Kino likes this.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        @Hudell To say nothing of obligations such as work, school, homework, family, pets, housecleaning... frankly, it's a miracle a lot of us get anything done sometimes!
        May 24, 2017
        Shaz and Kino like this.
      4. Kino
        Kino
        You'd definitely need a good schedule otherwise it'd fall a part. Or you know, ideas to work on and the size of the plugin.
        May 24, 2017
    3. DoubleX
      DoubleX
      Never knew that faulty fan could reset a PC. I thought it was virus but now my hardisk's MFTs' toast due to a reset during boot time scan.
      1. Farr
        Farr
        The PC resets because it gets too hot and for safety measures, it shuts itself off.
        It sucks but it happens quite often, a good fan and cooling system are a must.
        May 3, 2017
        Sarlecc and Matseb2611 like this.
      2. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        I can confirm on what Farr said from personal experience. My first ever laptop died like that, and for about half a year leading up to it, it used to overheat too fast and switch off randomly.
        May 3, 2017
    4. DoubleX
      DoubleX
      After not having written C++ for 5+ years, I feel I've to relearn its syntax again. Luckily I've not forgotten its concepts yet :)
    5. enlaccza
      enlaccza
      Greetings DoubleX!

I was interested in your discussion about ATB and its implementation in RMMV.

To be honest, I'm on my final phase of my thesis, and I was conducting research on ATB (Active Time Battle) on how this ATB actually made changes and improve the default battle system.

With that being said, I was planning on using your ATB plugins, but ended up using Yanfly's Active Turn Battle instead, but I am still interested with the flowcharts and any other discussion you've made about ATB battle process.

I was hoping that I can formally cite your works as a reference on my thesis.

Is there a way that I may communicate with you regarding this matter?

I apologize if there are any inappropriate or inconvenient sentences about my request.

And I also apologize to the moderator or any administrator if this kind of content is not meant to be posted in this section, I will read the rules carefully from now on.

Thank you very much, I'm looking forward for your reply.
      1. Archeia
        Archeia
        HI Enlaccza, this is indeed not allowed in Status Feeds. Post in JS Support boards and/or PM DoubleX instead :)
        Sep 29, 2016
    6. DoubleX
      DoubleX
      Just worked overnight for 3 days straight, and now I'm finally at home.

Being a professional programmer can sometimes be this exciting :)
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. nazgul
        nazgul
        Oh my gosh! Don't work too hard! hahaha I am glad it was exciting! Thanks for your help you are awesome!
        Sep 16, 2016
    7. DoubleX
      DoubleX
      When I'm motivated, I can be relatively productive for several weeks; When I'm burnt out, I can be relatively inactive for several weeks. Seems like that's been periodic to me for several years lol
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. nazgul
        nazgul
        I am the same way.
        Sep 15, 2016
    8. DoubleX
      DoubleX
      I wonder how many RMMV plugin users don't know that one does not simply change the filename of a RMMV plugin. Doing so could break that plugin entirely :)
      1. Zeriab
        Zeriab
        RM does have a history of applying functionality and meaning onto the projects filenames.

Such fun surprises to discover!
        Aug 9, 2016
      2. Hudell
        Hudell
        Well, most scripters are now adding a notetag to the plugin description and using that to load the plugin parameters, instead of using the filename.
        Aug 9, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. DoubleX
        DoubleX
        Yeah, it's just that there are still some outliers, so plugin users may still want to search for instructions before changing the RMMV plugin filename :)
        Aug 9, 2016
    9. DoubleX
      DoubleX
      VE - Active Time Battle is simply an incredibly amazing RMMV ATB system plugin supporting full active ATB.

Those wanting that feature may want to have a look on that RMMV plugin :)
      1. 6 people like this.
    10. DoubleX
      DoubleX
      I've just read Yanfly's announcements regarding his/her health.

I honestly think that, it's a bit unhealthy for the majority of the RMMV communities to rely on a single plugin developer.

I feel that someone else has to step up. Doing so should do at least slightly more good than harm for Yanfly(for being less overburdened), those stepping up(for increased popularity), and the RMMV communities as a whole(for having more choices) :)
      1. View previous comments...
      2. kovak
        kovak
        I"m stating this cuz fricking internet mades us kinda of "proud" of sheep whe shouldn't be of. We get hurt over sheep that has nothing to do with how things trully are. We are getting sick over unimportant things. Maybe that's why yanfly got sick. IDK him/her, frick...this sheep sounds like one of those LGBTSSDDUNNOHOW MANNY LETTERS thing, i'll replace the he/she with rabbit, k? K.

Rabbit uses patreon and has some income from it thx to the amount of donations and this happened cuz of the constant releases probably and we all here know how problematic is to make a game just using raw mechanic stuff from rpg maker and how important having a programmer aboard is, right? If it wasn't for rabbit and Victor and DreamX and SumDe-can't remember the rest of the nick cuz it's huge as frick- i wouldn't be able to say that my core mechanics are done, that my game is fine besides the art part cuz my friend's mom died a couple of weeks ago and he was absent for a long time due to her cancer. I can use the RTP and design stuff and those plugins thx to all those guys and i can keep developing wile my friend gets over it. It's fricking frustrating that i have to lock a project cuz i can't go on with a design.

I don't care about who steps in, i don't care if yanfly release stuff every 6 months cuz with what's out right now you can build a godamm game with a good use of RTP, most people can't even use it.
        Jul 9, 2016
      3. kovak
        kovak
        I know that the one who steps in will be a good motherfucker and will probably do things slower. No worries about at all.
        Jul 9, 2016
      4. DoubleX
        DoubleX

But there is a growing culture around here that "Yanfly or GTFO" that is a bit worrysome. 

With now Yanfly becoming much less active at least for a while, I guess this culture will begin to change, or at least be slightly deterred before Yanfly becomes active again(in which he/she might be even more overburdened than before) :)
        Jul 9, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    11. DoubleX
      DoubleX
      Thoroughly comprehending RMMV VE - Active Time Battle is extremely complicated, convoluted and costly for a nub like me. I've spend 12 hours already and still just have a basic knowledge on it :)
      1. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        @DoubleX - I always found @Victor Sant stuff to go over my head for whatever reason lol.

He is one of the best programmers here imo.
        Jul 2, 2016
        2 people like this.
      2. Victor Sant
        Victor Sant
        In fact the base logic of the ATB is pretty simple, what made the code complicated (and long) are the extra options to control the behavior and display of the ATB.
        Jul 2, 2016
        2 people like this.
      3. DoubleX
        DoubleX
        The biggest challenge for me is to thoroughly comprehend how casting action works, in which I've spent nearly 4 hours for that alone lol
        Jul 2, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    12. DoubleX
      DoubleX
      Yanfly's ATB and CTB are simply godsends to the RMMV communities :)
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. nazgul
        nazgul
        One day I will finish my project in ace and buy RMMV! Can't wait to join in. But I have to finish this project first!
        Jun 5, 2016
    13. DoubleX
      DoubleX
      RMMV becomes about 100% more performant after I've updated the display card driver to the latest version :)
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. orlando
        orlando
        Yup, that is not very surprising since e.g. the Windows default drivers are made to make OpenGL intentionally perform badly... Microsoft hates that standard and would rather have people use DirectX only, because who needs Linux or Mac OS X?
        Feb 7, 2016
    14. DoubleX
      DoubleX
      Getting rid of all control coupling in RMMV plugins can be hard at times :)
      1. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        what you mean control coupling?
        Feb 7, 2016
      2. DoubleX
        DoubleX
        From wikipedia, control control is one module controlling the flow of another, by passing it information on what to do (e.g., passing a what-to-do flag).
        Feb 7, 2016
    15. DoubleX
      DoubleX
      I've just planned to try to thoroughly comprehend Mellye's ATB and Yanfly's ATB when I have free time :)
    16. DoubleX
      DoubleX
      Is our godlike scripter TheoAllen back? Looking forward to RMMV plugins made by this almighty :)
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. DoubleX
        DoubleX
        You can compare the activity between the RGSSx Support, Completed RGSS3 scripts, RGSS3 requests(or equivalent subforums) in RMW, VXAN, RMRK and GDU, and the RMMV counterparts in those communities. You can also compare the formers nowadays with those before RMMV is announced.

From my observations on these forums, it seems to me that RMVXA has completed entered the long tail part :)
        Feb 4, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        People are not abandoning Ace.  Your scripts will still be very popular :)
        Feb 5, 2016
        2 people like this.
      5. Shaz
        Shaz
        by that, I mean that there are quite a few people who have stated outright that they're not going to move to MV, and are themselves hoping that scripters and artists continue to support Ace.
        Feb 5, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    17. DoubleX
      DoubleX
      Simply don't buy any resource before reading all its terms of uses. If you're "strongly supposed" to do it that way, you should seriously suspect it's just a scam :)
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Why, what happened? Did resources from somewhere bite you in the tail?
        Feb 2, 2016
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        did you buy previously stolen resources from somewhere?
        Feb 2, 2016
      4. DoubleX
        DoubleX
        Feb 2, 2016
    18. DoubleX
      DoubleX
      It turns out that nearly all my plugins written so far have quite some nontrivial bugs, and 1 of them might even have to be rewritten entirely. I still have some other user requests to be solved, but recently I'm just too busy to solve them before finishing fixing all my own mistakes first. Nevertheless, I should still apologize to them as it's my fault making my plugins having so many bugs lol
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        Ooh, that's a tough thing to discover.  Good luck finding and fixing them all.
        Jan 31, 2016
      2. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        It's a good thing to realise at least! Good luck too
        Jan 31, 2016
    19. DoubleX
      DoubleX
      Tsukihime's ATB tutorial's simply flawless. I guess Yanfly's ATB tutorial will be flawless too, if he/she will write one :)
    20. DoubleX
      DoubleX
      Am I the only one wanting the old forum back?
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Victor Sant
        Victor Sant
        No, you're not.
        Jan 24, 2016
      3. Shiroi Akuma
        Shiroi Akuma
        The old forum hat mobile support, and friends also if you were going onto a profile you always landed on the [about me] page which was much better. I would only like to have a few functions back.
        Jan 24, 2016
        2 people like this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Nope... I am still trying up to do some stuff like changing my profile, correcting/editing my siggy, see my contact list, hope the tags works every time in posts, search for the button to flush my all read notifications instead to flush the whole forum unread tread, try to see what posts were like in a tread when announced instead of the whole tread and attempt to make a guess. 

On the good side we are now all equals without medals and messaging works better and take formatting faster.  I guess it will take a little bit to have all bugs and misfunctiunalities fixed.  And hey; we canpostpictures in our statue now!
        Jan 24, 2016
  • About

Birthday:
    Jun 14, 1991 (Age: 28)
    First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Just a nameless weakling who's incredibly nub at everything :)

Signature