Recent content by Drackomordain

1. Drackomordain

TamFey's Timed Button Attacks

Have you thought about expanding to include the controller style (A) (B) (X) (Y) buttons as well as the directional arrows.  I envision a single horizontal bar with a generic "Press Now" icon such as a square or circle that the player will time they're button presses too.  Insanely excited about...
  2. Drackomordain

Damage Types - Expanded

I myself like logical elemental usage.  Yes a sword can make you bleed just like a spear can, logically they go about it different.   Every thing could be simplified down to just Physical or Magic damage, but that makes for a less robust world and can also limit certain boss or even regular...
  3. Drackomordain

On Poisons, Antidotes, and Fun

I still argue that if the best solution to your encounter mechanics is to DPS race to end the battle, you may as well only use full damage on cast/use spells/skills. I don't have any problem killing the player and their whole party if the want to ignore a pretty simple game mechanic.
  4. Drackomordain

Stat complexity

I'm gonna cast my lot in for Stat Complexity, but with a condition.  It has to fit the game.  Stat complexity in and of itself doesn't add fun.   Stat complexity becomes fun when the player has to make a meaningful choice concerning stats.   "Do I make my paladin a better healer? or a better...
  5. Drackomordain

On Poisons, Antidotes, and Fun

Poison (or any other DoT for that matter) that has a set duration of turns, is not much different than a "Magic Missle" Spell.  It costs X resources for Y damage.  Typically in balancing them however the X cost is less per point of Y damage in DoTs because their damage isn't front loaded. You...
  6. Drackomordain

Giving different classes a similar skill

If they are gonna be the same, give them the same name. If Barbarian has Frenzied Strike and Rogue has Flurry, just pick the name that fits the skill the best and use it on all classes that need it for balance. Its OK to share skills between classes just don't try and pass it off as 2/3 skills...
  7. Drackomordain

Perks passive buffs

Unless you have a built in respec option, you have to be careful with what your rewards system does. If your combat balance depends on min maxing, then it would be best to use "perks" for customization and flavor, and let your gear/leveling handle a majority of your combat stats. I think the...
  8. Drackomordain

'Physical' vs 'Ranged & Melee'

Ranged & Melee can both be physical damage or magical damage depending on the skill used and the equipment worn.   But in terms of realism I'd suggest designing them with different mechanic's and play styles as well as different dependencies on Attributes/Stats.
  9. Drackomordain

An RPG Without A Dedicated Healer

This is actually mainly dependent on what type of challenges you want to present to the player. A dedicated healer can open up several mechanics that are not available if healing is in short supply. Developing your encounters will tell you if you need a dedicated healer or not.
  10. Drackomordain

Button Combos for added Skill depth

I would like to begin work on a script that lets you set up button input note tags on Skills, and then calls a scene similar to Moghunters Theatrythm were you have to press the buttons as they reach a indicator when you use the skill.   The closer to perfect you get, ~the higher % chance of...
  11. Drackomordain

Item Cooldowns

I just wanna say Liquid, I really appreciate your particular plugin choices. Maybe it's just fate, but they always seem to mix extremely well with my project. Keep on doing what you do
  12. Drackomordain

[YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

I believe I solved the problem, It appears I had the "More State Overlay" plugin by Hakuryo enabled and that was causing the issue, moved to above Battle Engine Core and it appears to be working...
  13. Drackomordain

[YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

I'm having a heck of a time getting sideview animated enemies to work.   I have no idea what to do, I've disabled all other plugins except Yanflys.  If I disable the Animated Sideview Enemies mobs are fine, but if I try to use the Animated Enemies, it wont show them, if I try to use the...
  14. Drackomordain

Equip Skill System

I know it won't be for everyone, but I like it
  15. Drackomordain

Equip Skill System

[icon] White Magic [icon] Heal This was what I was thinking.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I worked a lot more today and I am thinking about Youtube videos to make to my channel, but I am still looking for some content :D

But I am happy to be back at work :D
Update... no scam calls all day. I think they learned their lesson. And I'm working on a fake anti-piracy video, featuring a fan game I'm making in MV. If I had the permission to make the game a licensed game that I could sell (rather than having it totally free like fan games are required to be), I'd use a really cool anti-piracy screen...
People2_1 added! ( with alternative hairstyle )

Hey there fellow makers!

just looking for an excuse to post this, really... :kaoslp:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJTG15092003