Dragon Brother
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• After reviewing two videos of armymen getting blowup by Firecrackers I have determined the grenades in the series are wholly unrealistic...
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    however I am sure realism is not what 3DO were going for.
    that said I am reworking the Infantry in game.
    Wait for it... Something is not right! My variables are all disorganized, I see now I will have to do some sorting!
    I have come to the conclusion that the current map lay out of, well, ALL of My games is lackluster.
    Reactions: Knighteriius
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    I am also Retrying the 'Turn based Map Movement' idea, My apologies to it's opposition but this is something I wanted to do since the very beginning of My development career and that is no exaggeration, fear not, I sincerely believe it won't be as slow as it sounds and will ultimately contribute to the gameplay.
    Knighteriius
    Knighteriius
    Sounds good to me, man. Improve and make the game you enjoy
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    My standards have been reduced since I started working with RPGmaker, however I will always put in 100%.
    Something is not right, it feels lazy to have turn based combat and then go to the map and have everything real-time.
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    @Engr. Adiktuzmiko (Continued): This is Turn based Map movement, moving across the level/map itself, You move all Your parties a certain distance during Your turn and then the enemy moves theirs in their turn when Battle commences it will be in sideview courtesy of Galv, for reference I Cite the Disciples franchise.
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    moving the whole party will indeed make it flow faster than on a per unit basis
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    @Engr. Adiktuzmiko: Of course, The Party moves on the map, I have not figured a way to make a full on RTS with RPGmaker vxa yet, so this will have to do, but if You have played games like Disciples then that is the style I am looking to emulate.
    Currently redesigning the sprites, the others just felt flat, I'll use them on the unit portraits.
    Reactions: Knighteriius
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    Also I may be adding a Random Failure mechanic to certain units in-game, meaning one turn Your Quadmount is chewing through hostiles the next, Jammed.
    My poll was not as relieving as I hoped, perhaps I am to work out the details without the communities input, no matter I have an idea.
    Something has arisen recently that has given Me pause...
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    With war games that allow You to do whatever You want on the battlefield without consequence; Would the Geneva conventions and Rules of War be relevant in a world like the one in Combat:Toy box?
    The Party system I devised is far too complex and has serious bugs, however...
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    I have established after two months of work, why the original idea wasn't working, the script was incomplete and My coding knowledge being severely lackluster, I did not know what went where but with help from the script master, I've re-instituted the old party system!
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    You may now create Your own Party with everything from Riflemen to Attack Helicopters, which ultimately means You WILL be able to create an all Bazookaman Team... but You might regret deciding to do so.
    I have done it! I play tested one of my own missions! and I found it wanting, back to the drawing board...
    Reactions: Finnuval
    punchybot
    punchybot
    I love the play by play
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    You've fiugured out a lot of the problems, which is a great second step after the first version. Plug away at them one by one and you'll have something good!
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    @Poryg: Simply put, I have not figured out how, many ways to do it, and many other more important things to do in development.

@punchybot: It is more than a play by play.

@Wavelength: I have not the time to quit anyway, My good sir, but Thank You for the encouragement.
    To all Turn-based action Strategy fans on this site, You may or may not Hate Me for what I am about to say;
    Otto
    Otto
    @Dragon Brother I am not making a strategy game. But if I was I would make it legal to carry seven guys with a bazooka, because it's smart and efficient... and I like big guns
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    @Otto Carry seven guys with a bazooka says You, they would be heavy carrying them means the bazooka cannot be wielded says I, ha ha! seven bazookamen would be fun in the instance You were going for causal gaming, but the real challenge is when You must decide based on strengths and weaknesses.
    Otto
    Otto
    @Dragon Brother you are probably taking my comments a little too seriously :P Or maybe I had the wrong impression and thought this was a humoristic status update and not some in depth discussion on strategy videogames (on which I don't think I require education ;-) )
    You have perfected the system in which You create sprite sheets, time to use them...
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    BUT NOOOO! You were not satisfied with 13 rows of 4 were You?! No, You had to make it 30 rows did You not?! You could not be done with that You had to make it complex! bad enough You will be switching to Win7 a complex procedure at that but now You want to make a simple sprite sheet a Jotun of it's former self! You damnable fool You! *Sigh* I guess I am addicted to Spriting now...
    Work continues, however it seems I will need to take a different route in development.
    Reactions: Kaeki
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    The party system is being changed, also My initial plan for state-based sprites may be taking a turn as well as there isn't a way to change enemy battlers on the fly with Galv's animated battlers.
    Reactions: Kaeki
    First off, I would like to say I have never, nor do I intend on quitting a good thing, ever.
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    That said, a recent series of events has called to question whether keeping Vista was such a good plan after all.
    Blast! I've been neglecting the Class system this entire time!
    ??????
    ??????
    WAIT!!! There is a class system?! :o
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    @Philosophus Vagus I have discovered a RNG and am ready to use it as soon as I resolve other programming difficulties, with luck I can be rid of the double name/class issue, has this issue prevented publish or is this a game I might try?
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    @?????? By the Matriarch! YOU DID not KNOW?! You are lucky You came here, the Enterbrain Gods cannot see inside this lair... quickly repent of Your transgression before it is too late!
    I have never before been more sarcastic...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Having lots of fun using different PS brushes to add a lil' texture to the floors and walls in my maps.
Setup a system to cull enemies that are too far from the player to matter, and to spawn new ones just outside of view. Take that lag! :LZSexcite:
That trope is alive more than ever, not so much elemental Crystal's but gathering magical objects or doing "task" to unlock this oddly specific thing is everywhere, I saw it saw it in the IT 2 remake, avengers and every season of supernatural
It's raining...in winter :")

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hextasy