Dragon Brother
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Must... Find... more... Gameplay.... Elements... got to... increase Replay ability!
    Reactions: ImaginaryVillain
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    @ImaginaryVillain: that is where I must rebuke You, I have seen multiple titles that have replayablity, however I suppose it would seem odd as to why someone would focus on Replayability, that maybe all I have aside from Story and game mechanics.
    fluffymonster
    fluffymonster
    If you're worried about your game looking poor, you could always make it look more pixelated/simple or buy (or use default) resources. If you feel your game is lacking, you can always embellish existing features that could use some love, but remember sometimes less is more. What's important is having a draw and building on that.
    I feel as though the Rock for which I have called home for sometime now has insulated Me from newer developments... We have a MZ now.
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    I see, so no word if it's coming to the US?
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Oh it's got a Steam page says it will be out this Summer. I'm just poking fun at the awful marketing campaign they went with of giving us just a name... Then telling us all the stuff that MV already had but is also in MZ.... And finally giving us a super short video in the wrong language. :LZSwink:
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    Yes, and it requires Win 8 and above, not going to be mine anytime soon, I am afraid.
    I have recently discovered a Limit breaker for RPGmaker VXA, needless to say this changes everything.also I really like the changes this website has made.
    After reviewing two videos of armymen getting blowup by Firecrackers I have determined the grenades in the series are wholly unrealistic...
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    however I am sure realism is not what 3DO were going for.
    that said I am reworking the Infantry in game.
    Wait for it... Something is not right! My variables are all disorganized, I see now I will have to do some sorting!
    I have come to the conclusion that the current map lay out of, well, ALL of My games is lackluster.
    Reactions: Knighteriius
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    I am also Retrying the 'Turn based Map Movement' idea, My apologies to it's opposition but this is something I wanted to do since the very beginning of My development career and that is no exaggeration, fear not, I sincerely believe it won't be as slow as it sounds and will ultimately contribute to the gameplay.
    Knighteriius
    Knighteriius
    Sounds good to me, man. Improve and make the game you enjoy
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    My standards have been reduced since I started working with RPGmaker, however I will always put in 100%.
    Something is not right, it feels lazy to have turn based combat and then go to the map and have everything real-time.
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    @Engr. Adiktuzmiko (Continued): This is Turn based Map movement, moving across the level/map itself, You move all Your parties a certain distance during Your turn and then the enemy moves theirs in their turn when Battle commences it will be in sideview courtesy of Galv, for reference I Cite the Disciples franchise.
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    moving the whole party will indeed make it flow faster than on a per unit basis
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    @Engr. Adiktuzmiko: Of course, The Party moves on the map, I have not figured a way to make a full on RTS with RPGmaker vxa yet, so this will have to do, but if You have played games like Disciples then that is the style I am looking to emulate.
    Currently redesigning the sprites, the others just felt flat, I'll use them on the unit portraits.
    Reactions: Knighteriius
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    Also I may be adding a Random Failure mechanic to certain units in-game, meaning one turn Your Quadmount is chewing through hostiles the next, Jammed.
    My poll was not as relieving as I hoped, perhaps I am to work out the details without the communities input, no matter I have an idea.
    Something has arisen recently that has given Me pause...
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    With war games that allow You to do whatever You want on the battlefield without consequence; Would the Geneva conventions and Rules of War be relevant in a world like the one in Combat:Toy box?
    The Party system I devised is far too complex and has serious bugs, however...
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    I have established after two months of work, why the original idea wasn't working, the script was incomplete and My coding knowledge being severely lackluster, I did not know what went where but with help from the script master, I've re-instituted the old party system!
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    You may now create Your own Party with everything from Riflemen to Attack Helicopters, which ultimately means You WILL be able to create an all Bazookaman Team... but You might regret deciding to do so.
    I have done it! I play tested one of my own missions! and I found it wanting, back to the drawing board...
    Reactions: Finnuval
    punchybot
    punchybot
    I love the play by play
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    You've fiugured out a lot of the problems, which is a great second step after the first version. Plug away at them one by one and you'll have something good!
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    @Poryg: Simply put, I have not figured out how, many ways to do it, and many other more important things to do in development.

@punchybot: It is more than a play by play.

@Wavelength: I have not the time to quit anyway, My good sir, but Thank You for the encouragement.
    To all Turn-based action Strategy fans on this site, You may or may not Hate Me for what I am about to say;
    Otto
    Otto
    @Dragon Brother I am not making a strategy game. But if I was I would make it legal to carry seven guys with a bazooka, because it's smart and efficient... and I like big guns
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    @Otto Carry seven guys with a bazooka says You, they would be heavy carrying them means the bazooka cannot be wielded says I, ha ha! seven bazookamen would be fun in the instance You were going for causal gaming, but the real challenge is when You must decide based on strengths and weaknesses.
    Otto
    Otto
    @Dragon Brother you are probably taking my comments a little too seriously :P Or maybe I had the wrong impression and thought this was a humoristic status update and not some in depth discussion on strategy videogames (on which I don't think I require education ;-) )
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yo Ho Ho... Time flies when you are having rum...

I'm rewatching Glee, just watched grilled cheesus.
Now I'm not sure if I'm hungry or I want to cry.
I just completed Ara Fell - completing the game unlocks an Epilogue. An interesting thing to possibly consider for my games.
I decided to try to make a mucha-styled artwork, and by now I've sunk more time in studies and sketches than I usually do in the whole thing. Fingers crossed it's worth it!
Since we have a lot of new faces, please be sure to read the forum rules under the Help tab at the top. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quimey