Dragon Brother
Last Activity:
Aug 1, 2019
Drone

Share This Page

Dragon Brother

Survive, Adapt, Infest., from BG-386.

Veteran

I have just increased the Infantry and Vehicle rosters, also a new base building system is now in play. Aug 1, 2019

Dragon Brother was last seen:
Aug 1, 2019
    1. Dragon Brother
      Dragon Brother
      I have just increased the Infantry and Vehicle rosters, also a new base building system is now in play.
    2. Dragon Brother
      Dragon Brother
      After reviewing two videos of armymen getting blowup by Firecrackers I have determined the grenades in the series are wholly unrealistic...
      1. Dragon Brother
        Dragon Brother
        however I am sure realism is not what 3DO were going for.
        that said I am reworking the Infantry in game.
        Apr 27, 2019
    3. Dragon Brother
      Dragon Brother
      Wait for it... Something is not right! My variables are all disorganized, I see now I will have to do some sorting!
    4. Dragon Brother
      Dragon Brother
      I have come to the conclusion that the current map lay out of, well, ALL of My games is lackluster.
      1. Knighteriius likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Dragon Brother
        Dragon Brother
        I am also Retrying the 'Turn based Map Movement' idea, My apologies to it's opposition but this is something I wanted to do since the very beginning of My development career and that is no exaggeration, fear not, I sincerely believe it won't be as slow as it sounds and will ultimately contribute to the gameplay.
        Apr 8, 2019
        Knighteriius likes this.
      4. Knighteriius
        Knighteriius
        Sounds good to me, man. Improve and make the game you enjoy
        Apr 8, 2019
        Dragon Brother likes this.
      5. Dragon Brother
        Dragon Brother
        My standards have been reduced since I started working with RPGmaker, however I will always put in 100%.
        Apr 18, 2019
        Knighteriius likes this.
    5. Dragon Brother
      Dragon Brother
      If You liked Action figures growing up, You will be happy to know CTB will be Including them as well, if You did not, well...
      1. SpaceBot likes this.
      2. Dragon Brother
        Dragon Brother
        Good news is They are not apart of the typical roster.
        Apr 6, 2019
        SpaceBot likes this.
    6. Dragon Brother
      Dragon Brother
      Something is not right, it feels lazy to have turn based combat and then go to the map and have everything real-time.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Dragon Brother
        Dragon Brother
        @Engr. Adiktuzmiko (Continued): This is Turn based Map movement, moving across the level/map itself, You move all Your parties a certain distance during Your turn and then the enemy moves theirs in their turn when Battle commences it will be in sideview courtesy of Galv, for reference I Cite the Disciples franchise.
        Apr 5, 2019
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko likes this.
      3. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        moving the whole party will indeed make it flow faster than on a per unit basis
        Apr 5, 2019
      4. Dragon Brother
        Dragon Brother
        @Engr. Adiktuzmiko: Of course, The Party moves on the map, I have not figured a way to make a full on RTS with RPGmaker vxa yet, so this will have to do, but if You have played games like Disciples then that is the style I am looking to emulate.
        Apr 6, 2019
    7. Dragon Brother
      Dragon Brother
      Currently redesigning the sprites, the others just felt flat, I'll use them on the unit portraits.
      1. Knighteriius likes this.
      2. Dragon Brother
        Dragon Brother
        Also I may be adding a Random Failure mechanic to certain units in-game, meaning one turn Your Quadmount is chewing through hostiles the next, Jammed.
        Mar 20, 2019
        Knighteriius likes this.
    8. Dragon Brother
      Dragon Brother
      My poll was not as relieving as I hoped, perhaps I am to work out the details without the communities input, no matter I have an idea.
    9. Dragon Brother
      Dragon Brother
      To all who visit My page, if You would consider it, I would like Your opinion.
      2. Kes
        Kes
        I have removed the link. Status Update rules are explicit that you should not use them to invite people to view your thread.
        Jan 1, 2019
      3. Dragon Brother
        Dragon Brother
        My apologies, Kes, I forgot about that.
        Feb 3, 2019
      4. Dragon Brother
        Dragon Brother
        Yes, samkfj, That is the one.
        Feb 3, 2019
    10. Dragon Brother
      Dragon Brother
      As I stated in My Poll, Here is the Faction rules of War.
      2. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        Wouldn't this be better if you posted it in your topic? As soon as it's off the main page, no one's going to be able to find this anymore.
        Dec 30, 2018
      3. punchybot
        punchybot
        Dec 31, 2018
      4. Dragon Brother
        Dragon Brother
        Dec 31, 2018
    11. Dragon Brother
      Dragon Brother
      Individual units... blob squads... individual units... blob squads... blast I hate these decisions.
    12. Dragon Brother
      Dragon Brother
      Something has arisen recently that has given Me pause...
      1. Dragon Brother
        Dragon Brother
        With war games that allow You to do whatever You want on the battlefield without consequence; Would the Geneva conventions and Rules of War be relevant in a world like the one in Combat:Toy box?
        Dec 22, 2018
    13. Dragon Brother
      Dragon Brother
      I just tested the Strategic characters, and am now attempting to adjust their overwhelming success rates with variables.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Sounds good, makes it more modular I think.
        Dec 12, 2018
      3. Dragon Brother
        Dragon Brother
        Dec 13, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Setting the success rates with variables. :)
        Dec 13, 2018
    14. Dragon Brother
      Dragon Brother
      The Party system I devised is far too complex and has serious bugs, however...
      1. Dragon Brother
        Dragon Brother
        I have established after two months of work, why the original idea wasn't working, the script was incomplete and My coding knowledge being severely lackluster, I did not know what went where but with help from the script master, I've re-instituted the old party system!
        Dec 1, 2018
      2. Dragon Brother
        Dragon Brother
        You may now create Your own Party with everything from Riflemen to Attack Helicopters, which ultimately means You WILL be able to create an all Bazookaman Team... but You might regret deciding to do so.
        Dec 1, 2018
    15. Dragon Brother
      Dragon Brother
      I have done it! I play tested one of my own missions! and I found it wanting, back to the drawing board...
      1. Finnuval likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. punchybot
        punchybot
        I love the play by play
        Nov 26, 2018
      4. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        You've fiugured out a lot of the problems, which is a great second step after the first version. Plug away at them one by one and you'll have something good!
        Nov 27, 2018
      5. Dragon Brother
        Dragon Brother
        @Poryg: Simply put, I have not figured out how, many ways to do it, and many other more important things to do in development.

@punchybot: It is more than a play by play.

@Wavelength: I have not the time to quit anyway, My good sir, but Thank You for the encouragement.
        Nov 27, 2018
    16. Dragon Brother
      Dragon Brother
      To all Turn-based action Strategy fans on this site, You may or may not Hate Me for what I am about to say;
      2. Otto
        Otto
        @Dragon Brother I am not making a strategy game. But if I was I would make it legal to carry seven guys with a bazooka, because it's smart and efficient... and I like big guns
        Nov 21, 2018
      3. Dragon Brother
        Dragon Brother
        @Otto Carry seven guys with a bazooka says You, they would be heavy carrying them means the bazooka cannot be wielded says I, ha ha! seven bazookamen would be fun in the instance You were going for causal gaming, but the real challenge is when You must decide based on strengths and weaknesses.
        Nov 26, 2018
      4. Otto
        Otto
        @Dragon Brother you are probably taking my comments a little too seriously :p Or maybe I had the wrong impression and thought this was a humoristic status update and not some in depth discussion on strategy videogames (on which I don't think I require education ;-) )
        Nov 26, 2018
    17. Dragon Brother
      Dragon Brother
      You have perfected the system in which You create sprite sheets, time to use them...
      1. Dragon Brother
        Dragon Brother
        BUT NOOOO! You were not satisfied with 13 rows of 4 were You?! No, You had to make it 30 rows did You not?! You could not be done with that You had to make it complex! bad enough You will be switching to Win7 a complex procedure at that but now You want to make a simple sprite sheet a Jotun of it's former self! You damnable fool You! *Sigh* I guess I am addicted to Spriting now...
        Nov 2, 2018
        Shaz and starlight dream like this.
    18. Dragon Brother
      Dragon Brother
      Work continues, however it seems I will need to take a different route in development.
      1. Kaeki likes this.
      2. Dragon Brother
        Dragon Brother
        The party system is being changed, also My initial plan for state-based sprites may be taking a turn as well as there isn't a way to change enemy battlers on the fly with Galv's animated battlers.
        Oct 18, 2018
        Kaeki likes this.
    19. Dragon Brother
      Dragon Brother
      First off, I would like to say I have never, nor do I intend on quitting a good thing, ever.
      1. Dragon Brother
        Dragon Brother
        That said, a recent series of events has called to question whether keeping Vista was such a good plan after all.
        Sep 13, 2018
    20. Dragon Brother
      Dragon Brother
      Blast! I've been neglecting the Class system this entire time!
      2. ??????
        ??????
        WAIT!!! There is a class system?! :o
        Sep 5, 2018
      3. Dragon Brother
        Dragon Brother
        @Philosophus Vagus I have discovered a RNG and am ready to use it as soon as I resolve other programming difficulties, with luck I can be rid of the double name/class issue, has this issue prevented publish or is this a game I might try?
        Sep 13, 2018
      4. Dragon Brother
        Dragon Brother
        @?????? By the Matriarch! YOU DID not KNOW?! You are lucky You came here, the Enterbrain Gods cannot see inside this lair... quickly repent of Your transgression before it is too late!
        I have never before been more sarcastic...
        Sep 13, 2018
  • About

Drone
    About Me:
    Indie for Life.
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Interests:
    Long walks on polluted beaches, reading corney romance novels, taking over space colonies.
    Greetings anyone it may concern, I am The Dragon Brother, not to be confused with the Dragonborn or the son of the dragon, I am an Independent Video game developer, I (try) to make RPG games no one else has, how else would My sub par animation skills and overused tropes get My games noticed? balloon animals? I use various sites and art mediums to create stories some even based in the real world (Do not ask what that is, I am not sure anymore myself).

If I can help with game development, I will try;
    -Story writing: 100% I am confident in My Story conjuration skills, though a good story will take time.
    -Animation: 30% as long as You do not need it too realistic looking or 3d or professional I can help here.
    -Research: 100% much of My games require real-life counterparts and actual instances, so Yes I research.
    -Scripting: 0% I am not a Script master I am a Script kiddie.
    -Resource collection: 100% if it's out there, I can find it, You still need to get permissions though.
    -Emotional Support: 100% if You need a little motivation, I can help as long as I am online.
    -Funding: 0% I am strapped for cash as well.
    -Sales: 50% I know a few sites.

I survive, I adapt, I infest, because the only other option is unacceptable.