Dragon Brother
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• You have perfected the system in which You create sprite sheets, time to use them...
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    BUT NOOOO! You were not satisfied with 13 rows of 4 were You?! No, You had to make it 30 rows did You not?! You could not be done with that You had to make it complex! bad enough You will be switching to Win7 a complex procedure at that but now You want to make a simple sprite sheet a Jotun of it's former self! You damnable fool You! *Sigh* I guess I am addicted to Spriting now...
    Work continues, however it seems I will need to take a different route in development.
    Reactions: Kaeki
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    The party system is being changed, also My initial plan for state-based sprites may be taking a turn as well as there isn't a way to change enemy battlers on the fly with Galv's animated battlers.
    Reactions: Kaeki
    First off, I would like to say I have never, nor do I intend on quitting a good thing, ever.
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    That said, a recent series of events has called to question whether keeping Vista was such a good plan after all.
    Blast! I've been neglecting the Class system this entire time!
    ??????
    ??????
    WAIT!!! There is a class system?! :o
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    @Philosophus Vagus I have discovered a RNG and am ready to use it as soon as I resolve other programming difficulties, with luck I can be rid of the double name/class issue, has this issue prevented publish or is this a game I might try?
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    @?????? By the Matriarch! YOU DID not KNOW?! You are lucky You came here, the Enterbrain Gods cannot see inside this lair... quickly repent of Your transgression before it is too late!
    I have never before been more sarcastic...
    I discovered a feature in Galv's animated battlers I never saw before, My plans for Combat: Toybox have made an unexpected turn.
    Development progress to follow.
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    Playable Characters:
    [X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X]100%
    *You chose what Your character looks like based on pre-created templates, I know it isn't Elder scrolls character creation but You can define where You come from as far as background and what name You have.
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    Customization:
    [X][X][X][X][X][][][][][]50%
    *You will decide what Your Units are equipped with up Armor and Ammunition types, all that remains is spiriting the add ons.
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    Storyline:
    *Losing that Notepad effectively stalled story development and I do not remember what but it will not stop Me for long.
    Reactions: starlight dream
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    Well, You create the character, choose name, appearance template, what Traits You have, You pick a roster of Officers, You decide Your next move on the campaign as for the Plot is constant in fact there are some outcomes You cannot change, however a grand majority of Your actions will change the story there are multiple endings of course, but it is Your story as far as that.
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    That's really interesting, so you have lots of options to event in there. It's good for replayability too. Good luck :)
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    Replay value, action and story are all that ever meant anything to Me.
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    Animations:
    [X][X][X][x][][][][][][]35%
    *Creation of new Sprite sheet sizes slowed completion.
    Programming:
    [X][X][][][][][][][][]35%
    *Adding Morale, Logistics & Public Support systems.
    Audio:
    [X][x][][][][][][][][]15%
    *Graphical development is Top Priority.
    Cut scenes:
    *Scripts for the Cut scenes are finished.
    Tis Back to the Sprite Works for Me, I feel I may have PSTSD...
    Reactions: starlight dream
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    Post Spiriting Traumatic Stress disorder, not PTSD, but I feel a mental and Emotional strain every time I look at a sprite sheet I am working on, I need to get this game just right! it's my first game EVER! I will adapt to it, as soon as I get the hang of it, I am making My own sprites & Sheets after all.
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    I love that term, it's a condition I also have then :p

Hang in there, it can be really tough. But take it a stage at a time, you can always fix things later, so focus on your positive results for now. It's amazing you're making sprites, don't overlook your good work.
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    Thank You for the supportive sentiment, Starlight dream, it is difficult. however it is the difficult part I believe to be over, really.

Aligning the SV Battlers was the challenge but I have a system that albeit complexly works out the kinks, You must be awake and alert for it to really succeed.
    I despise title work.
    As this game progresses, I feel I may be for lack of a better phrase, shooting Myself in the foot making it freeware.
    Studying MV now, plug is process seems far advanced that simple cut & paste scripting ever was, not sure it that is good or bad.
    Reactions: Poryg
    Llareian
    Llareian
    Depends what you want to do, really. Simple plugins ARE just cut & paste. (Changing hit/miss calculations, small changes to how the windows look, that sort of thing.) Advanced plugins can get pretty intense. The major advantage is that you can change ANYTHING if you know how.
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    You are in the presence of someone whose been in a cave this entire time. Llareian, I've spent much of My research time trying to open the JS files to cut and paste them into the plugin only until a few hours ago watching a Yanfly video on how to install them, I still think this is far more advanced than that of RPGMVXA.
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    Although, I am not seeing the same flexibility in animated battlers as VXA, particularly the flexibility I get from Galv's script.
    It is confirmed, Armymen 3 is dead, guess that means there might be some cannon after all.
    TakeHomeTheCup
    Armymen 3? You mean the same one in the Armymen RTS series or something else?
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    Aye, There was Armymen 3do, Armymen 2 armymen toys in space, then it went extinct from there, that's just the PC games alone, Armymen 3 was created, or rather WAS being created by an indie company Néotl Empire but died out, it takes over where Armymen 2 leaves off, skipping Armymen TIS entirely, not serious enough for the Devs.
    Dragon Brother
    Dragon Brother
    I hear Mean Greens MMO is good, but it isn't the same as a good campaign story is currently absent.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am playing Momodora today and OMG this game is hard! o.o
Really happy to see people from Brazil doing an amazing game :3
Just noticed... I'm now called a Veteran not just Member...
Effervesce Fallacy™ - PV - C'est La Vie, for the best viewing experience, run the EXE, and adjust the audio via Options. The footsteps sounds are once again, barely audible. :frown: The PV only sounds as intended, if BGM Volume is set to 20%, or 40%, depending on your audio hardware.

Stream will be live shortly with some Gex 3! Tonight, I get revenge on the Buccaneer Program! Feel free to drop by!
-Updated- Lowered fog / found more problems :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sodapopkid