Dragonspeech
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• That moment when... you discover how to fix something on your own and you cancel a ready set question for a forum. <3 And then open up two other bugs to figure out. But I'm learning! I know what it means when it mentions index, and apparently 0 is a valid number within commands.
    Faye Valentine
    Faye Valentine
    Almost happened to me today! But then I said to myself, hey, maybe someone is having the same problem but doesn't know how to fix it the way I do, then I submitted the question to find another workaround and @Ossra was able to do it. Props to him.
    Rainy days make for good production. Mostly just getting through face sets and generating battlers/walking for the Main Actor but there's a bit involved setting so that the character can swap classes with Yanfly's plugin, and calling for specific graphic files dependents. BUT I have fallen in love with Korbin. (Default Name, which can be changed by player.) Thank you Yanfly, you are an amazing developer. <3
    I feel that I'm way too easily overwhelmed. The problem I think, is the inability to narrow and pare down specific portions of the entire game, and I look at it from a large angled lens. Aka The Entire Game. Instead of smaller, and much more manageable portions, like 'Recovery Items', or 'Accessory Armors'. The Database just plain intimidates me every time open it, regardless of the separate tabs. 
    Dragonspeech
    Dragonspeech
    Thanks! That's a neat way of doing things, and I can continue to jot down other random ideas on a sticky note and keep plunking away for how each piece goes in order. Very much like a puzzle in my mind. Again, thanks @Vampire Vox!
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Yeah, that's sort of what I do also. I keep something like a notebook (actually a spare art sketchpad since I draw characters to) and jot down all sorts of aspects related to the game on. I usually like to do quick crude sketches of maps before I make them in rpg maker as well.
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    I have found keeping a notebook to be quite the boon. I put all the ideas I want to implement, bug fixes and other to-do into an organized notebool and cross off what I have finished.
    I really love it when I have an issue that I have been banging my head over and then the AHA just whacks me one more time upside my head - like DOY!!? Didn't need to make a thread asking for help. *thumbs up* Need sleep now.
    Hm. My large project hit me in the back of the head. Alright looks like I'll just draw up a summary and do database work. @.@
    Pride swells each time I look at the little stuff I've done so far with following the tutorial and my small side project!
    Kes
    Kes
    Best way to start, imo. And yeah, I remember the thrill I felt when I started to get things right.

Good luck
    Dragonspeech
    Dragonspeech
    Thanks so much. <3 It means a lot. I have realized this is a lot of 'work' but it doesn't feel like work, you know?
    In RTP If a bed is two long, and the sprite only a single square big... Really? It looks like all sprites are kids or midgets. :| I will solve this visual discrepancy later.
    Dragonspeech
    Dragonspeech
    What sprite? I have the minecraft skin I made, and then the one I had practiced from Pixel Acadamy was an RTP sprite from Chrono Trigger that I practiced with color/saturation/contrast.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Sorry by "yours" meant the one PandaMaru posted just above my comments.
    Dragonspeech
    Dragonspeech
    Ah yes! No worries. :D It is rather fantastic rendition of lengthening the character. I hope to keep practicing pixel-ling and hope to get close to being as good as PandaMaru!
    Can ambition get in the way of learning? Maybe, just maybe.
    Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    If you are not willing to learn, then there's not enough ambition xD
    Dragonspeech
    Dragonspeech
    Well too much ambition I mean. Hehe. I have a big idea and I'm try to start off small so I can learn easier and not frustrate myself!
    CodeRad
    CodeRad
    @Kyuukon exactly
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy
The video of a psycho chasing people on the streets with a sword before getting subdued is wild. Apparent screenshots of his Twitter feed (EDIT: confirmed by Dallas police) before it went private reveal a dangerous delusional mindset. I heard there was a bow person too. The crazies are really coming out of the woodworks.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nionica