Birthday:
May 18
Home Page:
Freelance Illustrator and concept artist

Share This Page

dragoonwys

Freelance Illustrator, Female, from Malaysia

Veteran

Here's a daily reminder to backup your project to an EXTERNAL source if possible, you won't know if tech breaks with all the backups on that Apr 22, 2019 at 12:29 AM

1. dragoonwys
      dragoonwys
      Here's a daily reminder to backup your project to an EXTERNAL source if possible, you won't know if tech breaks with all the backups on that
      1. Finnuval likes this.
      2. dragoonwys
        dragoonwys
        It's really a good habit to practice, if you don't have a external now, good time to use a Cloud service or invest in a USB (I'm old fashioned artist), a backup on a PC is almost no back up at all if it dies.
        Apr 22, 2019 at 12:55 AM
        Otto likes this.
      3. Traveling Bard
        Traveling Bard
        Apr 22, 2019 at 2:42 AM
    2. dragoonwys
      dragoonwys
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Elliott404
        Elliott404
        Someone could make a take a shot game everytime they read 'make things right' from this guy.
        Apr 17, 2019
      3. Kwerty
        Kwerty
        Apr 17, 2019
        Elliott404 likes this.
      4. Elliott404
        Elliott404
        Yea. No matter how many times Yanfly call them out, all they say some nonesense, and 'make things right' s**t.
        Apr 17, 2019
        Kwerty likes this.
    3. dragoonwys
      dragoonwys
      What is up with people rushing others to date or get married? The idea of rushing into any relationship is problem in itself. :kaosigh:
      1. The Stranger and SpaceBot like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. dragoonwys
        dragoonwys
        You are on the right track, I come from the Chinese influenced part of the culture as do the people I mingle with, so there are people who have the emphasis on responsibility of family that is similar to the well known ones like in China (especially within the older generation, which likes to dump it on the next).
        Apr 9, 2019
        SpaceBot likes this.
      4. dragoonwys
        dragoonwys
        It's a kind of collective family achievement mindset, some feel like you have done your family name good from doing certain things at certain stages in life. It's not that I don't want to get married, but the 'you must, right now, else be shamed' is an outdated ideal to me and should not be a reason to get things hurrying on.
        Apr 9, 2019
        SpaceBot likes this.
      5. dragoonwys
        dragoonwys
        Kinda like what Mushu said in Mulan "Dishonor on you, dishonor on your family, dishonor on your co!"

But yeah, its not pleasant to think like a checklist someone else written at the end. As you mentioned, let people live their own lives and make their own choices.
        Apr 9, 2019
        Sharm and SpaceBot like this.
    4. dragoonwys
      dragoonwys
      This April's first has been a blast with so many of my fave companies making joke announcements. Its so self aware! XD
      1. Finnuval likes this.
    5. dragoonwys
      dragoonwys
      Still at a baby coder stage, but those moments when my extensions to existing plugins works fine, feels rewarding in that I am learning lol
      1. Shaz, TriceratopsX and standardplayer like this.
      2. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        I remember that feeling. I'm not a spectacular coder myself, but I remember exactly what feeling you're talking about. I have a long running Utilities plugin that I wrote early in my RPG Maker coding days, and still add to/edit today. I use it in all of my projects
        Mar 10, 2019
        dragoonwys likes this.
      3. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        When the code works as intended, it is a good day for us all.
        Mar 10, 2019
        dragoonwys likes this.
    6. dragoonwys
      dragoonwys
      "It doesn’t matter how much crazy magic BS you have, a sword to the face is a sword to the face." Fav daily quote, love your warriors.
      1. Elliott404 and Mystic_Enigma like this.
      2. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        Bonus points if said after a post-sword-to-the-face occurrence!
        Mar 8, 2019
      3. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        Yet there have been several instances where magic bs will stop a sword to the face in its tracks. Aghanim from Link to the past comes to mind. Or Zoma from DQ3
        Mar 8, 2019
      4. dragoonwys
        dragoonwys
        True, its more of a western draw kind of situation. A sword that is faster than casted magic is better, while magic that is faster than the sword is better. Both existing doesn't make the other redundant. Talking from a purely no healing magic/items stand point that is.
        Mar 8, 2019
    7. dragoonwys
      dragoonwys
      I wish that the heatwave around these parts would end already, I have been feeling sick in the chest for over a week now...
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Send some here. We are near 0 F right now
        Mar 6, 2019
        Mordridakon and dragoonwys like this.
      3. dragoonwys
        dragoonwys
        It's a deal! ;) Now I shall find a delivery trade service that will accept weather as a viable item.
        Mar 6, 2019
      4. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        19 F here, warmest its been in two weeks. That said I'll take it over a heatwave any day.
        Mar 6, 2019
    8. dragoonwys
      dragoonwys
      Recently started an item/equip suggestion box. LOL half of these items are redundant gimmick items. Never flood your games with them! XD
      1. Sauteed_Onion and Finnuval like this.
      3. dragoonwys
        dragoonwys
        @Philosophus Vagus Indeed, from a writing perspective it would make for interesting plot scenarios! Could actually be a good starting point on how they got into trouble in the first place.

Most Key items in games are gimmick items that drive the plot on. But if a game is more involved with practical use items like DnD, mechanic wise its better to avoid inventory bloat with too many of them.
        Feb 24, 2019
      4. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        Hey I just wanted to drop in and say THANK YOU for some of the resources you posted in the past. so THANK YOU!
        Feb 25, 2019
        dragoonwys likes this.
      5. dragoonwys
        dragoonwys
        Feb 26, 2019
        Sauteed_Onion likes this.
    9. dragoonwys
      dragoonwys
      HR 100 on Monster Hunter World and the way to kill this gosh Behemoth still eludes me. When will I be free of this FF ost in the bg LOL
    10. dragoonwys
      dragoonwys
      Back from Chinese New Year, my legs are dead no more relative visits for the month please X'D
    11. dragoonwys
      dragoonwys
      :LZSlol: I feel like I'll spend the next month glued to my PS4, Kingdom Hearts and Monster Hunter World anniversary smashed together.
      1. Dodokajet
        Dodokajet
        don't forget your computer since you will probably have to go on wiki to understand the story of the game you've just played x) (if you didn't finish other kh)
        Jan 13, 2019
      2. dragoonwys
        dragoonwys
        LOL, yeah I feel for those new players, this is not a easy game for newcomers. I played ALL the KHs to 100% the only one I haven't played is KHX but I watched enough youtube videos to pretty much know what's going on.
        Jan 13, 2019
    12. dragoonwys
      dragoonwys
      In terms of game dev, I have art skills down, but I think I should invest in learning some music or programing skills. Which first tho? o.o
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        As a plugin maker I can confirm that programming skill goes a long way. There's huge learning curve, but even the basics are oftentimes enough. All my javascript studies was 14 days of Javascript in sololearn.com, the rest was pure experience.
        Jan 4, 2019
        dragoonwys likes this.
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        As someone who has already tried everything. Music is like easy to learn, hard to master (you need an idea). Programming is like hard to learn, but relatively easy once you get hang of it (you just need to solve the problem, even the basic understanding can do).
        Jan 4, 2019
        dragoonwys likes this.
      4. dragoonwys
        dragoonwys
        ^^ Thanks for all the comments everyone, its very useful to know! I think it's pretty clear now, I'm going to make it a goal to pick up the ropes on programing first.
        Jan 4, 2019
    13. dragoonwys
      dragoonwys
      XDDD New year started with a blast for me because of Monster Hunter Tempered and Arch Tempered Mossswines LOL
      2. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        Wait...whaaaat!?
        Jan 2, 2019
      3. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        There is a bug in Smash where 2 Isabelles use their side special (the fishing rod) to snag the assist trophy with the right timing, which will cause the Isabelle who technically grabbed it first will then start spawing an infinite amount of that one assist trophy until they are hit.
        Jan 2, 2019
      4. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        Wow, that's something!
        Jan 2, 2019
    14. dragoonwys
      dragoonwys
      Happy new year from Malaysia, bye bye 2018, hello 2019! ouo/
      1. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Owo
        Jan 1, 2019
    15. dragoonwys
      dragoonwys
      Merry Christmas everyone! If you don't celebrate it, have fun with the festive snacks at least. Its tasty *stuffs cheeks* u)3(u
      1. Finnuval and mlogan like this.
    16. dragoonwys
      dragoonwys
      Year end discounts blessed me with 8 crates of Essence of Chicken. I missed these, its my 'coffee' cause real coffee don't work on me TuT
      1. Finnuval likes this.
      3. FrozenNorseman
        FrozenNorseman
        What are you talking about @Finnuval?! *Goes back to eating his liquorice and pickled herring with schnapps*
        Dec 23, 2018
      4. Finnuval
        Dec 23, 2018
      5. David Lister
        David Lister
        I also had to Google this. The official video led me to believe it was a parody, but it's a real thing and does indeed seem to be marketed to our eastern friends. Like @FrozenNorseman, I'll stick to my coffee. But hey, to each their own... ...whatever works for you. Glad you scored on a sale. :D
        Dec 23, 2018
        dragoonwys and Finnuval like this.
    17. dragoonwys
      dragoonwys
      There's less than a month before the new year pops, I think I should make a milestone plan for focus direction on my projects.
      1. Finnuval likes this.
      2. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        Sounds like a plan :D
        Dec 19, 2018
        dragoonwys likes this.
      3. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        How does your project going? Because your game looks really fun to play.
        Dec 19, 2018
        dragoonwys likes this.
      4. dragoonwys
        dragoonwys
        @Kupotepo Aww, thanks I'm glad to read that! I'm currently in the middle of finding a map style to settle down with. I have the look in mind but I need to figure out the colors that I will be using through out, its a long but fun process.
        Dec 19, 2018
        Finnuval likes this.
    18. dragoonwys
      dragoonwys
      I really appreciate the mods for keeping the place neat and pleasant. Its a nice community to be in, thank you very much for the hard work!
      1. Shake0615, Marsigne, Tw0Face and 2 others like this.
      3. Tw0Face
        Tw0Face
        No problem, you're welc- oh wait, I'm not a mod.
        Dec 13, 2018
        Marsigne, Finnuval and dragoonwys like this.
      4. dragoonwys
        dragoonwys
        @Finnuval Wow, a thread for it? I hope they saw it, its nice to see stuff like that. ^.^

@Tw0Face XDDD Let me clarify, people who don't stir trouble here are also appreciated too lol
        Dec 13, 2018
        Marsigne, Tw0Face and Finnuval like this.
      5. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        They're quite active in the talking sections too, makes them a pretty rare species.
        Dec 13, 2018
        Finnuval likes this.
    19. dragoonwys
      dragoonwys
      Okay game is published, hopefully I didn't miss any errors in this 5-10 min game. That would be embarrassing lol ^.^
      1. punchybot likes this.
      2. dragoonwys
        Nov 27, 2018
      3. KayZaman
        KayZaman
        Good luck.
        Nov 27, 2018
        dragoonwys likes this.
      4. dragoonwys
        dragoonwys
        @KayZaman I see that you also have an entry! Good luck as well >o<
        Nov 27, 2018
        KayZaman likes this.
    20. dragoonwys
      dragoonwys
      I just finished my tiny IGMC entry ;U; It was my goal and I did it within schedule. Going to publish after friend plays it first!
      1. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        Congrats on achieving your goal
        Nov 27, 2018
        dragoonwys likes this.
      2. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        You are going for the win.
        Nov 27, 2018
        dragoonwys likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    May 18
    Home Page:
    https://www.artstation.com/artist/dragoonwys
    Freelance Illustrator and concept artist
    First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Been on RPG Maker since VX, though never tried getting into the community back then, too shy.
    Currently using the program as a hobby instead of being serious with it! XD
    I like anything involving magic fantasy, table top roleplaying and RTS games

Signature

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    ouo7 Also find me at:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]