Recent content by Drakkonis

1. Drakkonis

I had the idea once of adding to MV all the features that MZ added, to get the best of both...

I had the idea once of adding to MV all the features that MZ added, to get the best of both worlds, but that would either make RETRO obsolete, or potentially break MV plugins on MV(which would be HILARIOUS), or potentially get me in trouble with Degica, depending on how they respond to THAT.
  2. Drakkonis

Are there MZ plugins that directly play MZ animations? Or are you suggesting just adding the...

Are there MZ plugins that directly play MZ animations? Or are you suggesting just adding the ability to use MZ animations in MV? Because that's not something RETRO is trying to do.
  3. Drakkonis

RMMZ target ally but exclude the user. no visutella/yep

I don't know if a plugin strictly like that exists, but I know it's POSSIBLE. I have a plugin in development that can restrict targets you can choose based on certain keyword tags. But it's a small part of the plugin, and meant for certain types of mechanics and isn't customizable. The method it...
  4. Drakkonis

I want to talk about plugin CONFLICTS!

I feel most plugin conflicts would be a result of either: 1: Bad plugin code. Stuff like not aliasing functions they don't need to completely replace, using a global variable when they don't need one, using a global variable with a generic name that another plugin might use, etc. 2: Two (or...
  5. Drakkonis

RMMV Help with Learning Arrays

I assume you're talking about scripting instead of eventing? If you want to have data included in a save file you'd need scripting if you DON'T store the data into variables. I haven't dealt with saving custom data myself, but I've seen how some other plugins do it. Basically, they have their...
  6. Drakkonis

RMMV RETRO - MZ Plugins on MV

Definitely not easy, especially as I'm still learning MZ's setup and only just recently got my own copy of MV. But I've learned a LOT about how both engines operate both by trying to make my own plugins work, and trying to develop RETRO. I take it as a challenge not just for my programming...
  7. Drakkonis

RMMV RETRO - MZ Plugins on MV

Version 0.05 Update: I've overhauled the way RETRO grabs plugin information, and the way MZ plugin commands are used. See the note in the original post. MZ plugins can now change a sprite image's hue correctly. Fixed a bug with the sprite gauge implementation that would crash the game when...
  8. Drakkonis

Another new RETRO milestone! 3 actually. It's reached 500 lines of code (includes whitespace and...

Another new RETRO milestone! 3 actually. It's reached 500 lines of code (includes whitespace and comments, so technically the actual code is still less than that), it's reached version 0.05, and there are now over 10 plugins on its known compatibility list!
  9. Drakkonis

RMMV When does a bitmap ACTUALLY update?

Here's how it breaks down, as far as I can tell. MZ: Load bitmap. Later, setHue. For enemy sprites, I assume this adds an onLoad listener callback to setHue using the enemy's hue information. MV: Load bitmap with hue information. It adds an onLoad listener callback to rotate the hue using the...
  10. Drakkonis

I wouldn't assume so, there's a check in rotateHue that requires the context of the bitmap to be present. I assume that's the bitmap's actual graphical information. Like I said, graphics are a weak point of mine. Stepping through the code tells me the requirements are met and all the work...
  11. Drakkonis

RMMV Battler assigned objects apparently... breaking?

Actually, I believe I just figured it out. The CONSTRUCTOR was fine... it's CONSTRUCTION apparently wasn't. I took a shortcut when coding the object, and stuck all of its functions inside {} brackets, purely out of laziness because I didn't want to type in the object.prototype bit or copy/paste...
  12. Drakkonis

RMMV Battler assigned objects apparently... breaking?

I have absolutely no clue on this one, nearly everything involved is not working like everything else. I have an object prototype being created and assigned to a battler when it's initialized. This object contains its own functions, its own constructor, and so on. The usual stuff. First odd...
  13. Drakkonis

Apparently I'm back in the boat of something behaving weirdly and I can't for the life of me...

Apparently I'm back in the boat of something behaving weirdly and I can't for the life of me figure it out, and I suspect it's something that javascript users are supposed to "KNOW", and I... don't.
  14. Drakkonis

Title doesn't really capture my question well... but here goes. For once I don't consider this a "stupid in the sense that I'm missing something obvious or I've overthought the problem" question like a lot of my others. Graphical stuff is one of my biggest weaknesses, so please assume I know...
  15. Drakkonis

RMMZ Looking for an overlay plugin

It makes toasts. I actually had to look that up recently, since I was curious. It's a psuedo-programming term apparently first coined in Android development. It's a little window that pops up from the bottom of the screen... like toast from a toaster. In this case, it literally manages little...

Latest Profile Posts

I wish I can work faster on my game. But I don't want to get burned out. :(
I've been working on something on and off for a few years now, and I've been reluctant to share any details on the project before I had anything playable because I did not want to generate hype only for the project to go back on hiatus. That being said I believe what I'm working on is very unique and pushes the boundaries of what RPG Maker projects can be. Bold claims, I know but just wait.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms :)
Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thegr8gibsoni