Draktheron
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Big Scary Spiders With Big Scary Fangs! First Boss Fight. Scripted or naw? Probably No. (Maybe.)
    Reactions: The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Big scary spiders, with big scary fangs, using a big scary script. :) It's always nice to have bosses semi-scripted; so they behave differently at certain points, or the battle progresses to new areas, etc.
    Hmm tempted to post some ramblings about my philosophy on map design, not sure where though...
    I doubt it's just me, but does anyone else worry they might hit a feature creep problem?
    Reactions: NPC
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Nope. I have a set of core features that I intend to use throughout my entire game. No silly things like: crafting, fishing, singing, smithing, picking flowers, shop ownership, or kitten grooming. xD
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Someone should totally make an RPG with kitten grooming as a core mechanic. I would play it.

Fighting feature creep constantly is the only way I get anything done. I don't so much worry but instead expect it.
    NPC
    NPC
    I do all the time, currently my solution is to make all skills have multiple uses, so that later in the game, instead of introducing new skills, I'll introduce new enemies and new ways old skills may be used.
    Came back to turn off notifications, because my phone/Email was exploding and RPGmaker messages were blotting out the world
    I've uh... haha... I think. I think I'm gonna be gone awhile. Emotional stuff' y'know? The whole looking deep within shick. I've been inside much, much too long. I'll be back! maybe tomorrow, maybe five years down the line when RPGmaker Omega Alpha comes out. hah. I don't really know. So... Ciao!
    Garsto
    Hey, good luck! Not getting enough of the outside world can suck lol I wish you well.
    Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    you will be back in a week, I guarantee it.
    Y'know, I'm really glad I came here, I feel that I have a greater potential for feedback on my project then other places I've been, so thanks for having a welcoming commmunity guys ^_^
    Sharm
    Sharm
    What a time to join! The forums will be crazy for a bit, sorry! They'll calm down soon I'm sure. Welcome!
    Nothing Special, just a new qoute. "Yea? You wanna fight? Me and this blade, heh, We'll EAT YOU ALIVE." - Shale, Dark Story: Blood Hunter
    Creating four story lines for my first serious game. In over my head much? (Yes, this person is either insane or a moron).
    ThatMaestroGuy
    ThatMaestroGuy
    I don't think so. Depending on how you do it, it could be great! It's an ambitious goal. =)
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    A suggestion would be to finish one story line completely first, then see about making the others.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Oh yeah?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

SpaceX: First-ever successful (manned) commercial spaceflight!! In these terrible and self-sabotaging times for the world, that's a ray of excitement and hope I needed badly.
GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy
The video of a psycho chasing people on the streets with a sword before getting subdued is wild. Apparent screenshots of his Twitter feed (EDIT: confirmed by Dallas police) before it went private reveal a dangerous delusional mindset. I heard there was a bow person too. The crazies are really coming out of the woodworks.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wimpeyy