Recent content by DuncanS

1. DuncanS

Repeating Boulder Spawn + Collision on Player

Ah, that makes more sense. Still a bit rusty on eventing, thanks: Note that this way, you'll need to move the snippet for off-screen movement to the parallel event: As this could get bulky with multiple events that need to move off-screen, you could throw the snippets into a one-off...
  2. DuncanS

How to watch var value

In addition to Jonforum's answer, if you're trying to debug a particular script/plugin you can use console.log(); from the script to print to the console. You can also access the various global vars ($gamePlayer, $gameMap, $gameVariables...) and all related functions and data directly from...
  3. DuncanS

How To Prohibit Interactions Until Done Moving?

Good question. The key piece in the above snippet is this part: $gamePlayer.canStartLocalEvents = function() { return this.canInteractWithEvents && !this.isInAirship(); }; This is an existing function in the Game_Player class. The default looks like this...
  4. DuncanS

Knights Tour Puzzle

This sounds like a really cool puzzle idea, though likely a bit tricky to implement. In terms of the movement, maybe something like this? Then you would need out of bounds checks so the player has to stay in the grid, collision triggers on each tile to mark the visited tiles, and pass/fail...
  5. DuncanS

It's an optimization so Game_Character instances don't move around offscreen on large maps, which could cause lag. Since it's based on a check for how near the object is to the screen, it can be disabled on a per-event basis. Put this script at the top of the events you want to continue...
  6. DuncanS

How To Prohibit Interactions Until Done Moving?

This is a bit kludgy, but you can add a script before the move route that disables player interaction altogether: $gamePlayer.canInteractWithEvents = false; $gamePlayer.canStartLocalEvents = function() { return this.canInteractWithEvents && !this.isInAirship(); }; Then after the move...
  7. DuncanS

To illustrate Andar's example:
  8. DuncanS

Eric's Day Off

@Titan_12 - Thank you so much~! What happened in the inn is left to your imagination XD. Let's just say it was a very small tent... The main characters (Eric, Brenda and Terence's DS sprites) I made myself, the Pirates and the Maid are from the DS resource pack ^^.
  9. DuncanS

Game Making Drive March 2014

Day 4 of 28! Very late post due to some things, but today was mainly spent scripting a menu interface and trying to get as much done as I could after a busy day ;n;
  10. DuncanS

Day 3 of 28! More scripting - focusing on trying to develop an alternative to the way Ace handles equipment (the static etype_id array is so weird :S) for an equipment/customization system that will also be the basis for character classes. Also more work trying to layer Scenes to create a more...
  11. DuncanS

You should work on whatever project strikes your fancy in a given moment ^^. Stretching yourself...

You should work on whatever project strikes your fancy in a given moment ^^. Stretching yourself thin trying to accommodate everyone won't help anyone; especially you!
  12. DuncanS

Eric's Day Off

Merci beaucoup ^^! It was inspired both by a friend of mine (because of Bravely Default if I'm not mistaken) and by feedback on my initial release. Glad you liked it~!
  13. DuncanS

Day 2 of 28! Updating in the wee hours due to having to delay working on RM stuff a bit. Today was also mainly spent scripting, more work on a character optimization system that still needs a ton of work ><; Also, much rotating of things. Well, not a ton - but I was glad to have the Sprite...
  14. DuncanS

Eric's Day Off

XDD That's fantastic! Definitely putting it in my signature, if you don't mind ^^.
  15. DuncanS

Eric's Day Off

@palladinthug - Thanks! I fixed up the passability error in a later version - not sure whether I uploaded it though :S. The encounter rate is, I agree, much too high - I introduced an Encounter Rate option to the menu to allow the player to set it to their own pace/preference ^^. The boulder...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.
140 Thousand words, take one down, toss it around, discover I hate the direction I went and decide to start a complete rewrite.
I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.
The stream will be live shortly with some more Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BwadeZ