Recent content by Dust

1. Dust

Game & Map Screenshots 11

The Shimmering Hollows - a dark grotto with glowing crystals that shimmer like stars in the night sky. This is the first dungeon in Numina (which you can wishlist on Steam now btw)
  2. Dust

What Age You Would Choose For your Characters on Your Maker Game?

I haven't really made it official but I think of the main cast of my game of in their mid-20s. But for a while I haven't even really thought about their age. The interesting aspect for me was that one of the main chars is definitely a bit more down to earth or reasonable than the others and it...
  3. Dust

2021 Goals and Progress Thread

Hey everyone, My main goal is to push on testing through my game... again. I can imagine many of you have been in the same situation where you find it difficult to test your game because you've done it so many time over the course of its creation. It's mainly because I want to do one complete...
  4. Dust

RMMV Numina - Alphaversion & Wishlist on STEAM now!

Hey everyone! If you missed last week's Let's Play stream, you can watch it now on the YouTubes!
  5. Dust

Overworld map or no world map?

I feel like the oldstyle JRPG overworld is considered more and more a design philosophy of the past. I've seen arguments that they break immersion because the game cuts to a different "play mode" (less detailed environments, player can't do all the actions they can do in a normal map) similar to...
  6. Dust

Hello everyone, with this post I want to celebrate reaching a huge milestone with you: NUMINA finally reached Alpha status! What does this mean? All major story content has been finished and I'm now testing the game for any major roadblocks & polishing things up. Also: ⚠ You can now wishlist...
  7. Dust

A summery beach screen from my game NUMINA :cutesmile: The actual map fades into a edited background from the RTP to create this horizon panorama.
  8. Dust

A winter landscape from the upcoming release of my game Numina. The screen shows the snowy lands of Capella. Most of its inhabitants live in a huge city called Cor - protected from the cold by magic.
  9. Dust

Hello, hello, hello! Sorry everyone! It has been a bit since the last update. I always aim to release these regularly so you know I'm working hard on Numina but sometimes it's hard mustering the energy to write one of these. Nonetheless I hope you're all doing good! Overall Progress I have...
  10. Dust

@ImaginaryVillain that looks so cool! Reminds me of the days games used to have prerendered backgrounds. @SoftCloud The metacontent space is an interesting idea. Maybe It would help to have empty podiums & picture frames hanging in spaces where there will be content to unlock. Just to make it...
  11. Dust

Open love or secret love, which are you?

Very interesting topic. I find it hard bringing my passion for gamedev up among people who don't even play games. It just takes a bit of extra effort to explain and makes me feel self-conscious :blush: But it's gotten better over time. I think nobody should be ashamed of something artful...
  12. Dust

that looks so cool! Very interesting idea.
  13. Dust

@Lee Sang lovely atmosphere! Love the tree shades and contrast with the red leaves.
  14. Dust

@Ninjakillzu I love the mood in your screen, also very cool lighting.
  15. Dust

@Deckiller the tileset looks so cool and nostalgic! Also great job on the map @Ninjakillzu That looks like a very extensive class system :) I would separate the paragraphs by a full empty line in the second screen (like you do for the individual levels in the third screen), I think that'll make...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"This is the real secret to life - To be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play."
Me: "I don't to use other engines because I'd have to do a lot of coding."

Also my desktop right now....
mycurrentdesktop.jpg

...I literally spend more time using VS Code than MZ. :kaoswt:
actually, are there any JRPG type games (I guess turn based, so not ARPGs like say, Vagrant Story) where you have only one party member for the majority of the game? (I wonder if I'm forgetting something obvious.)
*sigh* This one turned out really well... except for the left arm pose...
fPRzKSp.jpg

Yes I purposely cutout the arm cause from the pic
A month into making my life/dating sim game and I've finally finished making all of the love interests :kaocry: I still have to make most of their emotion range and overworld sprites but aye I'm proud of myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thrash