Recent content by eadgear

1. eadgear

Help with Lag Issue

This is my very first game, so I don't have that much of knowledge when it comes to technical issue. I added lots of event in a particular map. Whenever I run the game I have no issue with lag. My question is if ever I publish the game will it lag?
  2. eadgear

Indie Game Making Contest 2018!

where to send the game?
  3. eadgear

Draw This Again!

@NeoFantasy Yes, good thing that I improve a lot. It was that I look for different tutorial, and ask many people to help me improved my drawing skill. I also spend a lot of time studying someone's art by looking at it and thinking how they draw it. The hard work of pays.
  4. eadgear

Draw This Again!

2 years ago I posted my improvement. Now I will post again checking if there's any changes. Here it is, love that I improved.
  5. eadgear

Oh I see, ok then you can view my works here: http://eadgear.deviantart.com/gallery/53326322/game-and-software
  6. eadgear

Hello, I'm a pixel/tile artist. Please check my shop here:
  7. eadgear

Changing "north" on a map

I agree with @Revival. If you want something like rotating map, you have to remap everything. Actually I just got idea no how it works but remapping, cut scenes and triggered events are necessary. It will be something like this, no compass needed and no direction to make the game more...
  8. eadgear

Psycologico

I love the shadow and lighting. It really makes you feel the atmosphere of the game. Nice work, keep it up.
  9. eadgear

Hidden areas

Hello, Currently working with the game design and I want to add amazing stuff on it which is "hidden areas". It is normal for an rpg to have hidden areas but I don't know which one is best. The first choice is the overworld hidden areas like pokemon legendary locations way likes correct...
  10. eadgear

Weapon qualities to balance with?

there's are two types of gamer that one who goes for aesthetics and the other that goes for status. It seems that what you mean is making the player 2(one that goes for status) choose between sword and other weaponry. The most common application is speed, range and damage. But in late game...
  11. eadgear

Draw This Again!

Thank you @HexMozart88, the reason is I deeply pay attention on details of the other artist's drawing. I found a good way to improve myself and even taught it to other artist I know. It is like a trick that will improve your drawing in a very short time, you can ask me about it and I will tell...
  12. eadgear

Large Scale Battles (When Armies Clash)

I agree with @chungsie. That's how most of the large scale battle in game did. A single sprite represents a number of soldiers. The health of this sprite is the number of units. Plus cut the screen like "advance wars" did in their battle mode. Even though you can't see the clash of units you can...
  13. eadgear

How Important is Artwork?

As a gamer, art is very important for the game especially in the first phase of the game in market. I wouldn't play a game if I saw that the screenshots of the game isn't that appealing. I notice that some of people here told you that it's all about the gameplay and story. It is, BUT it's not in...
  14. eadgear

Should I Try to Find a Publisher or Sell Myself?

If you are skilled enough in marketing that wouldn't be a problem. A publisher have already customers. So trying to work with a publisher is making their customer your potential buyer. Unlike your fans that following you updates in your blog, the publisher's customer is already buyer.
  15. eadgear

Skill names

I agree with @Andar. But to prevent comparison or funny meme don't try to use the names that's already a trademark of a game, that names that once you heard the first thing comes to your mind is this particular. For example, you named the starting town as "pallet town". That seems inappropriate...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.
Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewRobertson