Recent content by EatYourBeetS

1. EatYourBeetS

EatYourBeetS Jump Script

Sorry for the incredibly late reply... Apparently the format of my code got messed up, and I can't edit my original post without deleting everything, so I'll just post again my script here: @SlothInstinctively You've probably already solved your problem, but if you haven't, you...
  2. EatYourBeetS

Spawning event with a parallel process/move route

Thank you for your help Source, I've been trying some other way to fix this and ended up with this (I don't know why I didn't think about this earlier :|  ) :  #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Update Events...
  3. EatYourBeetS

I use the parallel process to check if the conditions to shoot are met, if the player is within a certain range, or if the event has to wait and recharge, I also wanted to use it in custom move routes, but it gives me the same problems as the parallel event. If I add them directly to @events I...
  4. EatYourBeetS

Hello everyone! I wanted to add to my game some enemies who can shoot projectiles. To do this I have created a database map with all the different kind of bullets stored as events, then I copy them to the current map with this method: The main problem is that I can't call it within a parallel...
  5. EatYourBeetS

How to increase max system stack?

This can only happen when the central point is drawn last, In that case one of the two areas is chosen based on the player's direction. As soon as two extremities connect a method begins iterating trough the entire border calling "get_points(x,y,d)" for each tile until it eventually finds one...
  6. EatYourBeetS

The border is created in-game by the player, if he presses a button while walking he traces a line on the ground (I should have better specified this), so he could also create complex geometric shapes, and it's impossible to pre-define them in the editor.
  7. EatYourBeetS

Yes but terr_tile? only checks if that tile is not a border, using this method I would get both the tiles inside and outside the border... @Andar Sorry if I'm wrong but I think I already answered those questions, I need the table because I want to separate one piece of the map inside a border...
  8. EatYourBeetS

I give this method a point in the map inside a certain area, then I want it to add every tile inside that area to a table, starting from that point, - terr_tile?(x,y) returns true if the tile in that position is not a border(a special tile which can be either created by the player or be there...
  9. EatYourBeetS

Hi! In one of my games I need to check an area within dynamic borders and add it to a table, I'm using a recursive method: It works well enough until the area to check exceeds a certain value, in that case a SystemStackError is raised, I'm sure that this method is not repeated infinitely, so...
  10. EatYourBeetS

Need help creating a certain event in a boss fight.

Try creating a state with the feature "State resist: death", and then give that state to the actor you want to be immortal. Edit: just noticed there's already a state like that in the default database, it's called "Immortal", ID 010. Re-edit: whoooops, you're right, I thought to be in VX Ace...
  11. EatYourBeetS

EatYourBeetS Jump Script

Thank you! I added a little feature, the ability to turn on spot instead of moving, while pressing a default key. This can increase the precision of a jump, and give more control to the player, it's mainly thought for chasings or escape scenes when you want to quickly jump in a direction, but...
  12. EatYourBeetS

[Ace] Help with Tsukihime's Conditional States

How did you try to accomplish that? It should be quite simple with elsif: if a.state?(15)16elsif a.state?(14)15elsif a.state?(13)14elsif a.state?(12)13else12end
  13. EatYourBeetS

EatYourBeetS Jump Script

Okay I added dynamic sprite changing  while jumping and made followers jump with the character, they take one step ahead and then jump in the same tile of the player, however you should increase Jump Delay if you want to use followers, otherwise they could do some strange things, due to their...
  14. EatYourBeetS

EatYourBeetS Jump Script

Dead or Alive, nooooooo, I didn't think about it, that would have been so epic ç_ç. Ahah sorry for some reason I was sleepy and thought of Bon Jovi o.O I thought you were talking about the chasing part with the guards. Jump makes surely more sense xD. However thank you for your idea, I added...
  15. EatYourBeetS

EatYourBeetS Jump Script

I'm glad you like it! You can change actor graphic by putting this in the update method: However it will only work if the party leader is always the same, if you need a dynamic code I'll try to add it tomorrow   :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Messed up the chains... :kaoback:
Sw7U8dA.jpg

Character: Jeanne D'Arc from Fate/Apocrypha.
Neptrone wrote on Andar's profile.
Hello Andar, i just saw you created a lot of helpful thread in the past regarding RPG, genre, game design, etc, etc.

Do you have full collection or list about every useful thread that you made in the past ? I think it would be very useful for me.

I-G-M-C, I-G-M-C!
To be honest, I had no idea what this was until now haha. But it looks fun, so my main game is on hold for a month while I participate! :yhappy:
Going live for tonight's Rise of the Third Power! Twitch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OscarNuWar