Ellie Jane
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• The RPG Maker MV base resource has some really questionable and bizarrely sexual battlers in it. I shall use them all.
    Reactions: 1 person
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Yup, some of them are extremely weird. It's just a shame that more people don't know about the set. The mecha in the set is pretty amazing.
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    The set of girls in pictures01>character2 in lots of different situations with weapons is also awesome. (just typing that I know it sounded weird...)

It could really call for a funny High school all girl battle royale kind of game. (but it might be too hard to stay on the right side of the Ecchi line, so I won't even try, might end up bad taste) 
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    The samurai/sengoku themed one are amazing too
    Probably best if the base weapon doesn't deal 3,000,000,000 damage.
    NPC
    NPC
    Just follow the FF rule of thumb- enemies now have 90 billion health.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Bigger is better, right? I mean, it's not like any big MMOs ever hit the int32 limit after some expansions or anything. *coughwowcough*
    Shaz
    Shaz
    that sounds like my kind of weapon!
    I get a huge amount of pms and emails from people asking how to make an mmo or my thoughts on aspects of an mmo. Happy to answer all correspondence, but is there somewhere I can put up an "ask me anything" thread or a FAQ or something like that? I feel like I'm answering the same questions a lot.
    Reactions: 2 people
    Shaz
    Shaz
    lol - never saw that coming [/sarcasm]

Thought it's not a tutorial, I wonder if one of those forums might be the best place?  Otherwise put it in the Support forum for the appropriate maker and check with mods whether it'd be okay to go into Tutorials.  It might also be worth reserving a couple of posts at the start if you're going to make it an FAQ.

And it probably won't reduce the amount of PMs you get.  Just sayin' ;)
    Shaz
    Shaz
    *Though* - not Thought.  I really shouldn't type until I've had my first cuppa.
    Thinking of making some kind of modular sprite battle system, almost similar to Adventure Quest, where battlers are made up of individual body parts which are then animated. Sounds like it would be a lot of work, but battles would be fully animated then. Will think about it.
    Victor Sant
    Victor Sant
    In fact i think that it is not a bad idea. Developing the system will really be a lot of work.

But once it's done, adding new sprites is pretty easy.
    kovak
    kovak
    Actually it's easier to animate and that's how it's done when adding bones.
    RoooodWorks
    RoooodWorks
    u know that can probably be done in spriter pro. that uses different body parts for u to animate it.
    See my thread, see my thread, filling me with utter dread. Wipe my sweat cause there's no better than a faulty set-and-getter. Like my chat, trouble's that there's a fault so out with that, for the moment while I go and throw myself into the Solent cause this game, is quite lame, and I'm feeling so ashamed, 61 players (and 4 robots) to my name, I guess it works that's true, and some kudos is due, see my thread, see my thread, oh please won't you see my thread.
    Afar is live:
    Reactions: 3 people
    Ellie Jane
    Ellie Jane
    35 players thus far (including four dupes), although chat is currently non-working for most people due to an error that I shall fix as soon as possible.
    Ellie Jane
    Ellie Jane
    Basically the chat issue is the kind of bug that you only find out when people actually play en masse.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    nice!  Congratulations :)   NOW the hard work begins :D
    Just doing a full backup of my server, and then Afar will be launched.
    Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    You really missed the opportunity here to type "Afar is A'near"
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Congrats! It must feel pretty awesome to bring a project to this point!
    Posted a bug reporting thread in my game. The thread went to the wrong forum. I should get an award.
    Was seconds away from buying Kaus's tilesets. I'm gonna try and make a desert one at some point.
    Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    Many of us got scammed, unfortunately. Glad you managed to avoid the trouble.
    I have this vague dream to adapt The Four Seasons into a game soundtrack. Good idea? It would have to be a completely new composition mind, but there are motifs through it that seem like they'd work really well in a game. Imagine Winter as a battle BGM for example.
    NPC
    NPC
    Autumn would be great as a sea-faring tune and ship theme.
    Today is for bug fixes. Tomorrow is for working on my big surprise. That's the plan. We'll see how the bug fixing goes. Got a driving lesson, but no work tomorrow so I'll put in the work when I get home later. And then tomorrow... Launch.
    Zeriab
    Zeriab
    Let's hope the bugfixing session won't end up requiring too much time.
    Would an in-game manual be an appropriate place to put a credits list, or is that too hidden away? It will be duplicated on the game website too.
    Gothic Lolita
    Gothic Lolita
    It's actually a creative way to put it. :)
    Another cool thing would be a menu option in title screen, where you can click the credits as you like. :) (\ô/)
    Shaz
    Shaz
    I think it's too obscure.  If you want people to know who worked on the game, make it easy to find.  Making it hard to find, hiding it away, almost makes it like you don't want it to be seen.  I sometimes like to check the credits on games I play, and I'd never think to look in the manual.
    Ursa Koda
    Why hide a credit list?  :popcorn:
    RPG Maker doesn't like my massive parallax map. In fact it won't load it at all. Gonna have to cut it up.
    Ellie Jane
    Ellie Jane
    Not *quite* as bad as I thought. Here's the top of the map, anyway. Basically split the 100x100 tile map into nine maps of 33x33. The others are gonna take a bit more modifying to fit.

I want to fill them with events anyway so to be honest smaller maps is probably the way to go anyway.

Noctis
    Noctis
    The rmmv won't load 100x100 parallax map?  :o  I should start to split mine  :(
    Hudell
    Hudell
    You could also turn that into a tileset and draw the map on RM. Some extra work, but you would be able to have your whole map and it would be much lighter.
    Is it bad that I saw this image in the corner of my eye and thought it was... er... the female reproductive system?

Ellie Jane
    Ellie Jane
    Someone's avatar :p
    Labyrinthine
    Labyrinthine
    Ah, OK x)
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Haha, well it does resemble the shape so if you just have it in the corner of your eyes I could see why. Feel sorry for the girl that has a skull there though and the "allopian tubes" aka the horns have no eggs attached to them :(
    Guys. Write June 11th in your diaries. That way you know when to laugh when my game launch fails. Also get a better diary, the dates should already be printed in.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

made a bio for the protag in my project!
Beggar : "I haven't eat for days..."
Kid : "Just do crime! You will get daily necessity for free in prison~"
Stream is a bit late but will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!
omg, why persona 5 is so good?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryp2o