Ellie Jane
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• I feel like I should write an update to Touchfuzzy's "You Don't Want to Make an MMORPG", B)
    Reactions: 3 people
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Don't - because then people will know you are the expert and everybody who thinks they have a great game idea and doesn't have the skills to make it happen (ie - every single n00b who wants to make an RPG) will come to you for help.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    "Except that most people don't because they have no idea about the level of work involved."

and then some people DO because they don't know the level of work involved.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    @Shaz So true... How much harder than a regular RPG can it be, right? Sigh. Actually, I bet a lot of the ones just diving facefirst in have minimal/no code knowledge and haven't actually made a regular RPG yet. Man, that's enough work for me. Hats off to @Amy Pond for not only having a great name and avatar to match, but for knowing exactly what they're getting into, doing it anyway, and seeming to do quite well.
    Didn't feel like going to bed so I've made something cool. Didn't have long to do it though. Basically, clicking selects an item. Click another item while one is selected, and the game will do something with the two of them (combine them together, if it can). Front end working; no recipes yet.

Reactions: 4 people
    Ellie Jane
    Ellie Jane
    That, my friend, shall now be the very first recipe I add to my game. I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY.
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    We did it guys! We conquered the mountain! 
    Kneel before our picky-shovels!
    Ellie Jane
    Ellie Jane
    Incidentally, I don't know why they all say 1. It's supposed to say nothing if there is 1, and say the quantity if there are more than 1. I need to fix this.
    Created an inventory system.
    Reactions: 2 people
    Medo
    Medo
    NICE !!

how did you made the tile graphics so different than the default tiles that is built in the rpg maker mv ?

and how do I download the inventory that you made ?

thank you :)  
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Every time I see the progress you're making, I feel so ashamed at my own lack of the same :(
    When you remake the message system but then can't be bothered to get rid of the old one so you set it's y value to 1000. Or not. I would never do that.

OK, I'll remove it. B)
    The game now has 8 hair styles in 15 colours to choose from.

Reactions: 4 people
    Ellie Jane
    Ellie Jane
    Brief update; there are now 6 skin tones and 9 base clothes to choose from. That means 15x8x9x6 combinations of character - but that's assuming some styles and colours don't match up poorly or are unlikely to be chosen (such as bubblegum pink hair with a beard, but then again, why not!).
    Marsigne
    Should I comment on the thread or on here?
    kovak
    kovak
    It makes me feel like i'm looking at Ragnarok Online, so nostalgic.
    Creating graphics for character customisation. Trouble is, though I now have 63 hair options, folks will have a favourite so there's still every chance of characters looking the same.
    Oh NO. There was a free T'Pau concert in my city on Saturday. Turns out I walked through it oblivious.
    Bought a second monitor. My god, if you're serious about game making, do the same. I can't believe just how much this is speeding up everything.
    Implemented in-game forums:

Tomorrow: private messaging, and I'll try and work out how to show other players on the map. (I have a concept that's pretty unique but... we'll see.)
    Oh look. My website is down again. I need an alarm that lets me know when it's down. Actually, one that let me know when it's up would be more useful.
    That awkward moment when nobody replies to your thread but you're doing a daily update list so your last post just becomes hundreds of edits B)
    Reactions: 2 people
    Marsigne
    I suggest you save them up to do an update every three days or so because we don't get any notification xD
    I've updated the last post in my topic with today's work. Don't want to double post to do it. Did the same yesterday too.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

For scrolling of large maps... Minimap, or very small zoom?
Sometimes you think you know people, then the next thing you know it's below freezing outside, and they're falling from the sky. And no two are exactly alike.
Karen: Hi, I have a condition that prevents me from wearing a mask. :)

Employee: Can you tell me what it is?

Karen: >:(
Feeling a little overwhelmed... There are so many things to do.
- Building a simple website for portfolio
- Setup *******
- Manage social media
There are so many things inside of these tasks :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaa1234